Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Bournemouth away post-match thread

Yeah, too true. The foul on tomlin that should have been a peno, he acknowledged it was in the area but said it would have been harsh to give it as he was going away from goal  :blink:

Elliot was claiming that for the foul on Vardy for the stoppage time penalty shout. 

Who would the 'new RB' be for you?

Tough one as only been linked with that Japanese International and although he can play there, seems LB is his favoured position.

Would have to be a Claudio special I think, so hopefully can convince a top LB from Italy or France to join. We have the money so go spend big and get a top player.

Still time (just) 

How can you under any circumstances support a formation that left our rb completely exposed, left our striker with no support and led to us giving the ball away to the opposition every two passes? It didn't work and was a huge mistake by the manager. It nearly cost us our unbeaten run and you could argue after the way we nullified them in the second half, has cost us 2 points.

RDL should have had more support, not less, with a 451. We should have found keeping possession easier, not harder, with three in the midfield. It was poor individual performances that cost us, not the formation. That and the fact that Bournemouth were quite explosive in the first half, this is a team who put twice as many past West Ham as we did, and we were away. They were better than us, it happens in this league. It happened a lot last season.

Our right side looked very poor today, De Laet was useless and wether Mahrez had a knock or not he looked out of the game, on the plus side Schlupp & Kante were magnificent on the left, not seen a City player win so many tackles that Kante did today and Schlupp always looked a threat.

Drinkwater & King were very poor today so on the whole I am happy with a draw....

Up the City.....

Bournemouth away is a tricky away game! Small ground with a spirited and very useful team and manager! Point is a decent result because lets not get ahead of ourselves 10th-14th would mark a great season

I agree we are still fighting to stay up untill we get 42 points then anything extra is a bonus in my eyes, A away draw is never the end of the world. as long as we keep winning at home and pick up a few away points we should be fine

Also CR is still learning about the team and will make mistakes, but he doesn't strike me as a man who will not learn from them

Interesting Quote from our Jamie, 

More from Jamie Vardy, who tells BBC Sport : "There weren't many people putting their name forward for the penalty. They were pointing at me so I stepped up and lashed it as hard as I could."

go onnn son!!   :thumbup: 

I was wondering who would take it. Hit it well, shows how confident he is at the moment. What a run too! He is such a good player for us. 

People are quick to moan about De Laet but he looked far more comfortable in the second half once Mahrez was taken off.

Mahrez gets loads of praise for his attacking work but he doesn't help De Laet out at all. People may say that Mahrez shouldn't have to defend but when you compare it to Kante and Schlupp on the opposite side, a winger that tracks back is so much better for the whole team.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Schlupp and Albrighton start on the wing after the international break.

I have backed RDL a hell of a lot in the past but he really did have a bad day at the office today.

Yes I agree Mahrez offers him little support but we played with a flat back 4 so had support from Huth. As far as I know we played Kingy as a holding midfielder to so would of offered some support too.

He was rash in tackles today- lucky not to be sent off, his awareness was terrible making unforced errors such as playing the ball out for throw ins when no pressure too, barely made a pass, don't think he took a man on when going forward and made a ridiculous attempt to clear the ball that went straight out of play too.

Mate, you just claime De Leat kept Gradel at bay. You chat ****ing bollocks 99% of the time. You deffo watched a different game today.

lol you can talk. Did grades score? No! Did Gradel set up a goal? No! Did Gradel play on de least side all game? Yes. Kept at bay. I'm not chatting rubbish at all. Unlike you, who would prefer to see Benluane on who played for less than 8 minutes today and earns himself a card.

What makes people think Mahrez was injured? I don't want to sound harsh but inconsistency is quite a key feature in his game. One game he can be world class and then a week later he looks clueless. 

A lot of credit should be given to Bournemouth, they were okay. Not great. Just okay. 

lol you can talk. Did grades score? No! Did Gradel set up a goal? No! Did Gradel play on de least side all game? Yes. Kept at bay. I'm not chatting rubbish at all. Unlike you, who would prefer to see Benluane on who played for less than 8 minutes today and earns himself a card.

Uh, Gradel did set up a goal?

Anyway, a score draw was always on the cards - I was expecting it to be a case of two teams that play the same way going blow-for-blow, but obviously Ranieri tried to set up to prevent that. I guess he didn't see that many highlights of when the team was terrible last year to see how that wasn't the best idea, but a point is a decent enough result.

To be fair to us, Bournemouth simply had to fall over to get a free kick. It was so frustrating!

De laet was awful. Drinkwater was awful. King was awful.  Mahrez and Albrighton seemed awful thanks to crap passes and service from the aforementioned pair. Morgan was alright. Huth, okay but what was he playing at when he slapped that bellen d bmouth player.

Thankfully Schlupp, Kante and Vardy made the game slightly less awful.

Claudio needs to listen to the cliché advise "If it aint broke, don't fix it"

Also what has happene to our top goal scorer of last season and our little Croatian prodigy? They need a game soon Imo, or when we get bumps or need back up strikers, we'll have no where to turn.

Our right side looked very poor today, De Laet was useless and wether Mahrez had a knock or not he looked out of the game, on the plus side Schlupp & Kante were magnificent on the left, not seen a City player win so many tackles that Kante did today and Schlupp always looked a threat.

Drinkwater & King were very poor today so on the whole I am happy with a draw....

Up the City.....

The point on Kante's tackling second half is exactly right.

I was wondering who would take it. Hit it well, shows how confident he is at the moment. What a run too! He is such a good player for us. 

That run was fantastic, but it's what I've become accustomed to from him. his directness is his trademark. absolutely love him!

The match thread today surprised even myself. I'd been expecting pessimism if we went behind, but not to that level. (One of the reasons I've posted much less recently).

If anyone expected Bournemouth to roll over and die, they are simply deluded.

It wasn't the prettiest performance but this is the Premiership. It's THE toughest division on the planet, bar none.

I'm well chuffed we got a point today. It keeps our unbeaten run going on a day both Liverpool and Chelsea lost at home.

Thank ****, someone who talks sense!

Gradel did set one up with his cross, and had the beating of de laet all match. Ritchie gets an unfair rap most of the time, but he was diabolical today.

I certainly would not want to see Benaluane on. He's just as sh*t as de laet by the looks of it.

Just because Gradel didn't score doesn't mean he was kept at bay you moron? He was causing all sorts of problems, it's a wingers job and de laet shat himself every single time and looked out of his depth, uncomfortable and on the verge of getting a red. Low and behold gradel gets injured and de laet 'looks' fine again. You are seriously deluded if you think de Laet looked fine today? Weird fanboism clouding your judgement I'm afraid. :thumbup:

First half was poor. You'd think with 3 CMs we would be able to control the midfield but they dominated that area. De Laet awful again too.

Second half was better. Schlupp isn't even a LB but showed RDL how to defend and was dangerous going forward. Missed Mahrez but point is a good result.

How can you under any circumstances support a formation that left our rb completely exposed, left our striker with no support and led to us giving the ball away to the opposition every two passes? It didn't work and was a huge mistake by the manager. It nearly cost us our unbeaten run and you could argue after the way we nullified them in the second half, has cost us 2 points.

Lots saying Kante was mom? Was I the only one that saw the gaping holes he was leaving in behind him when he was a) jumping in b) losing the ball by over playing and c) running 'all over the place' as some of you are putting it. A game like that needs disciplined defending and quick paced countering, a midfield who is out of position is costly!

To be fair, how does the manager know that formation wouldn't work, until he tried it. At least he changed it before it was too late.

I certainly would not want to see Benaluane on. He's just as sh*t as de laet by the looks of it.

Just because Gradel didn't score doesn't mean he was kept at bay you moron? He was causing all sorts of problems, it's a wingers job and de laet shat himself every single time and looked out of his depth, uncomfortable and on the verge of getting a red. Low and behold gradel gets injured and de laet 'looks' fine again. You are seriously deluded if you think de Laet looked fine today? Weird fanboism clouding your judgement I'm afraid. :thumbup:

Oh just do one! Why are you throwing insults at me for having a different opinion to yourself? I neve said de leat looked fine today. I said that he did well under the circumstances. Any player would have have struggled against those two players he was up against.

Oh just do one! Why are you throwing insults at me for having a different opinion to yourself? I neve said de leat looked fine today. I said that he did well under the circumstances. Any player would have have struggled against those two players he was up against.

He's struggled in every game so far that I've seen (I missed Sunderland).

A decent point today. Some dodgy performances from a number of players though. Rode the storm of Bournemouth possession fairly well in the first half today and picked up well enough in the second. Did enough to earn the point. A bit of individual drive and brilliance from Vardy to win and dispatch the penalty to save the point. The most reassuring thing today was that again, like against Spurs, we were average and fairly blunt in attack at times but still came through to get a point. Last season I don't think we would have done that, a sign of progress.

Stupid, stupid decision from Claudio to change the formation today. Hopefully back to 442 for Villa, as justified by the comparisons in performance in the first and second half. Naive from a man with his experience to make that call. A mere look at some highlights from October-December last season will show how much we struggled with one up top. But still, credit for correcting it and 8/12 points is a good start for that. Unbeaten too, happy days

Leicester MOTM - Schlupp. Electric in the second half. Again impressed with Kante too.

Archived