Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Sheffield Wednesday

i know its early but i miss it, seems like years ago since city played.

what side would you go with or what side you think will be played?

My Side;

----------------------------Douglas------------------------------

Maybury--------Mcarthy--------N-E-Johansson------Gilbert

Sylla ------------ Hughes -------- Williams -------- Hamill

--------------------Hume -------- De Vries ---------------

Predicted Side

----------------------------Douglas------------------------------

Maybury--------Mcarthy--------N-E-Johansson------Gilbert

Sylla ------------ Gudjonsson -------- Williams -------- Tiatto

--------------------Hume -------- De Vries ---------------

Subs : Henderson, Elvis, Stearman, Wilcox, Dublin.

Shake the tin any way you like but

a) There's no way I could see Gilbert getting in.

b) There's no way Stearman should be left out.

Levein's great problem is that unless he's innovative he's being forced to put square pegs into round holes and he's having to face the prospect of leaving some of his favourites out.

That's because

a) We don't have a natural left back (except apparently out of favour Sheehan (if he's really good enough).

b) Levein wants to play his skipper Tiatto but Joey's been playing well - hence a dilemna.

c) We don't have a real centre-forward of any sort so 4-5-1 is questionable (with MDV the only real option for the 1)

Bearing all this in mind I'm inclined to the following:

Douglas (no contest at this stage);

Maybury (decent attacking right back)

Stearman (mobile and natural central defender with attacking potential)

Dublin (as good a central defender as anyone but also a potential set-piece scorer).

Tiatto (natural left-sider who can attack) Would have instructions not to foul.

Momo (natural wide player with speed)

Hume (has more attributes than most)

Hughes (a must if he's fit) or Joey if not,

Williams (creative must);

Elvis (cos he's fast, has a good shot, gets into good positions and just needs confidence),

Mark De Vries (To hold the ball and make it all work).

This 4-4-2 system has balance. Joey was the biggest problem cos he's been our most consistent player so far. I just felt that Hume has Joey's attitude plus extras in an attacking sense. It may be that Joey starts with Hughes as sub considering the latter's lack of match fitness.

Sylla was a reluctant choice cos he has delivered at all yet is the only natural right winger we've got (another major headache).

Subs would be: Nils, Sheehan, Joey, Wilcox and Hamill.

I would have Chambers given the chance but I understand he's ineligible because of age.

Nils is a natural left back anyway isn't he? So i'd prefer him there and dublin at centre back

Dublin is a crook and a con merchant and should be no where near the first team or the Club. Should Levein fail the resigning of this joke will be the cause.

FWIIW, I would pick the following XI:

GK - Douglas

RB - Maybury

LB - Sheehan

CB - Stearman

CB - Johansson

RM - Hammil

LM - Wilcox

CM - Hughes

CM - Gudjonsson

CF - Hume

CF - de Vries

Do you lot not see how crap it is playing Stearman at right back? We may aswell be playing with 10 men because Maybury literally may aswell not be playing if he's on the left. Maybury is a better right back than Stearman, so should be playing ahead of him. Gilbert or Sheehan should be on the left. Both have played two international games in the break so will both be ready to play.. Sheehan is probably my preference to be honest but he was pretty weak against France.

I also think it would help us a bit of Tiatto picked up a long term injury, he is such a liability.

Douglas

Sheehan, Nils, McCarthy, Maybury

Sylla, Williams, Gudjonnson, Hughes

Hume, Hammond

Henderson, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Tiatto, Dublin

Do you lot not see how crap it is playing Stearman at right back? We may aswell be playing with 10 men because Maybury literally may aswell not be playing if he's on the left. Maybury is a better right back than Stearman, so should be playing ahead of him. Gilbert or Sheehan should be on the left. Both have played two international games in the break so will both be ready to play.. Sheehan is probably my preference to be honest but he was pretty weak against France.

I also think it would help us a bit of Tiatto picked up a long term injury, he is such a liability.

Douglas

Sheehan, Nils, McCarthy, Maybury

Sylla, Williams, Gudjonnson, Hughes

Hume, Hammond

Henderson, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Tiatto, Dublin

The Stearman/Maybury problem does need sorting out. The thing is Stearman is playing well at the minute and doesn't deserve to be dropped, but Levein would never drop Maybury either. I think Stearman has what it takes to play at centre half, he might look skinny but he's certainly tenacious and he deserves a chance there. Paddy is struggling at the minute and should be rested on saturday and with Gerrbrand out injured, then Stearman should move to centre half.

What i'd like to see.

Douglas

Maybury

Stearman

Nils

Sheehan

Hughes

Williams

Gudjonsson

Tiatto

Hume

Elvis

Subs: de Vries, Sylla, Henderson, Kisnorbo, Hamill

But I think it will be

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy/Kisnorbo

Nils

Maybury

Sylla

Williams

Gudjonsson

Tiatto

de Vries

Hume

Subs: Elvis, Hughes, Henderson, Kisnorbo/Dublin, Wilcox

im going to revise my predicted team

--------------------------Douglas------------------------

Maybury ------ McCarthy ---- Johansson ---- Gilbert

Sylla -------- Williams ------ Gudjonsson ----- Tiatto

------------------Hume ----- MDV -------------------

Subs : Henderson, Hammond, Hughes, Hammill, Kisnorbo.

I'd be interested to see Stearman at centre half. Like you said, fairly aswell, he doesn't deserve to be dropped. He certainly is a huge talent and should really be playing every week at his age. But I really, really don't think it is the answer to have Maybury at left back where he is a complete waste of space.

Douglas

Nils Stearman McCarthy

Maybury Williams Gudjonnson Hughes Sylla

Hume Hammond

Who knows what is best really. Maybe just bite the bullet and swap McCarthy for Stearman. I like McCarthy a lot though and believe he will be, long term, a huge player for us and has the potential more than any other in the squad to become a true legend for Leicester City.

Archived