Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Sheffield Wednesday

2 points i belive i'm right in saying henderson is banned after being sent off for the reserves versus arsenal mid-week and tiatto is a serious doubt with a hamstring injury

i think it will be

Rab

Stearman - Paddy - Nisse - Maybury

Momo - Gudjonnson - Williams - Wilcox

M D V - Hume

Subs: Hammond, Dublin, Hammil, Kisnorbo, Hughes

I don't really understand that. Douglas was written off before he arrived, and he's really not done much wrong at all. He's just a standard keeper really. No reason to drop him at all.

At the moment there's no contest whatsoever - and I am one who didn't really rate Douglas from the off. I think we need another good goalkeeper even if Douglas stays steady.

CL hinted that Hughes, Kisnorbo and Hume could start on the bench in the Merc. I also read that he said Hume was a bit behind fitness-wise, so i wouldn't be surprised if he starts on the bench tomorrow.

I'd like to see:

Douglas

Maybury - Stearman - Nissa - Sheehan

Sylla - Joey - Williams - Wilcox

MdV - Elvis

That's assuming Hughes, Kisnorbo and Hume aren't ready to start, if they were i'd have Hughes in probably for Wilcox and Hume for MdV.

maybe so, but nills has been our best cb so why change his position when its not needed!

All you ever seem to do is critesise, why bother going if you think the team is that shity

Part a) Because there are several other centre-backs at the club and no left-backs who seem to be good/experienced enough.

Part b) You obviously only read selected posts or you don't read them properly. I actually praise or criticise according to the way I see it... something a hell of a lot of equally committed city fans seem to do on this forum.

And while you're making the case for blind-faith-fans only to be sitting in the City stands I'll tell you this ... I've been watching City for 48 years now so I shan't be asking your opinion about whether I should continue going or not.

Some of us are critical BECAUSE we care not because we think the team or the club are shitty as you put it.

maybe so, but nills has been our best cb so why change his position when its not needed!

All you ever seem to do is critesise, why bother going if you think the team is that shity

Well as the team is about 6/7 places off the lowest position it's ever been in it's history I guess shitty in terms of results is pretty accurate, although I have to say performance wise we are way above the absolute shttiness of last season. :)

By the way there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism as Brian Little would have said it's part and parcel of the game.

i never said constructive critersim is a bad thing. what i do have a problem with is people critersing every little thing.

But you critised Thracian in an unconstructive way and suggested that all his criticisms were unconstructive - not very constructive of you!

Team I would like to see...

Douglas

Maybury / McCarthy / Johansson / Sheehan

Elvis / Joey / Hughes / Jase

de Vries / Hume

I've dropped Stearman because despite playing well, he does often get caught out at right back. Attacking wise, he's excellent, but he needs to maintain greater concentration throughout a game. Also, we need balance, and Sheehan would provide that with Jase down the left.

Hughes for Williams, as the former is the better player and is more consistent.

Elvis on the right in place of Sylla, who will provide more pace and perhaps more effectiveness.

Not bad on paper, that. It's different to the one I picked but the idea's the same with a well-balanced 4-4-2. Looks nice and solid with pace, commitment and variety. I'm just assuming Sheehan's pretty good from reading general opinions cos I've not seen him play, hence not picking him in my own line up. Can't see it happening though cos Sheehan seems to have slipped right off the podium just lately.

Good to see Sheehan back in the reckoning. I hope he does well, because we need a natural LB who is reliable and won't get skinned at every opportunity.

Also glad that Hughes is back, shame it's as a left midfielder. Finally, good move that Dublin is back in defence, that area of our game has been poor all season and hopefully he will be able to organise the defence today.

Archived