Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

The Politics Thread

Maybe they heard Osbourne talk about the conservatives being the working peoples party and couldn't believe what they were hearing.  It angers people when they hear bullshit.  Although changing 'the working peoples party' to 'You will work even if it'll make you destitute' Or 'You will work with less rights'' party doesn't really have the same ring to it.

The sight of watching Owen Jones being called a "Tory bastard" entering the Conservative party conference is terrific.

I don't think they'll be much left of the Labour party after Corbyn has finished with it.

Fvcking ridiculous isn't it. Not sure you can level the motivation for this behaviour at Corbyn's door though, the halfwits doing this would probably give him the same treatment for walking into that building. Seems you're fair game for daring to enter the conference of a democratic political party.

Shame these ****** have detracted from the 60,000 peacefully protesting there yesterday, who the GMP have applauded for their behaviour.

The media is bound to focus on the small number of idiots. It easier and makes a better story for the public to discuss on football message boards. I would much rather the journalists talked to the peaceful demonstrators to find out why they are there but hey that would be boring and regarded as non stories.

The media is bound to focus on the small number of idiots. It easier and makes a better story for the public to discuss on football message boards. I would much rather the journalists talked to the peaceful demonstrators to find out why they are there but hey that would be boring and regarded as non stories.

A hooligan at the Tory conference caught on film assaulting a photographer.

https://www.facebook.com/ScottishIndependenceLiveEvents/videos/1673605769543759/

2906536-brett-burke-knowing-look.gif

Well, the journalists did talk to the people who were protesting. I've seen plenty of coverage of that.

But journalists can only report on what they see/experience. If somebody spits in their face are they just meant to ignore it? It's not a case of "what's the better story" here, both have been reported and the spitting twats have sadly overshadowed the legitimate demonstrators airing their views.

Well, the journalists did talk to the people who were protesting. I've seen plenty of coverage of that.

But journalists can only report on what they see/experience. If somebody spits in their face are they just meant to ignore it? It's not a case of "what's the better story" here, both have been reported and the spitting twats have sadly overshadowed the legitimate demonstrators airing their views.

OK yes. There is more news being reported about these people and I agree about the worst elements overshadowing them. Here  is one reason why people are becoming upset. This woman lost a disabled  loved one not long after he was passed fit by Atos. She confronted a MP at the conference and was told to eff off. And when she mentioned her loss he replied good.

Does this demonstrate that he cares about those most vulnerable? There are many stories like this so it is obvious that a lot more MP's are going to be thought of the same. Some do not think before they open their mouth unfortunately.

12081353_1645735222378511_1353910096_n.j

Maybe they heard Osbourne talk about the conservatives being the working peoples party and couldn't believe what they were hearing. It angers people when they hear bullshit. Although changing 'the working peoples party' to 'You will work even if it'll make you destitute' Or 'You will work with less rights'' party doesn't really have the same ring to it.

Working people seem to have finally seen through labour over-inflating the public sector and boosting immigration to get votes.why would bricklayers,plumbers etc... Vote labour?

Remarkable watching some of the footage of the protesters.  Listening to them I sometimes forget that the Conservatives won a democratically free election fair and square.  

I'm really not sure what country some of these left wingers think they're trying to campaign for.  I mean the ones that are on my Facebook page all come from the whitest most middle-class backgrounds and have the whitest most middle-class social circles you'll ever see and yet there they are banging on about about an underclass they've only ever read about in the Guardian and in A-Level Sociology classes about the 1980's.  Who on earth do they think they are representing? 

OK yes. There is more news being reported about these people and I agree about the worst elements overshadowing them. Here  is one reason why people are becoming upset. This woman lost a disabled  loved one not long after he was passed fit by Atos. She confronted a MP at the conference and was told to eff off. And when she mentioned her loss he replied good.

Does this demonstrate that he cares about those most vulnerable? There are many stories like this so it is obvious that a lot more MP's are going to be thought of the same. Some do not think before they open their mouth unfortunately.

12081353_1645735222378511_1353910096_n.j

Who was the MP Ken?  Not having a go but got any sources for this story rather than a social media post?

Working people seem to have finally seen through labour over-inflating the public sector and boosting immigration to get votes.why would bricklayers,plumbers etc... Vote labour?

I would hope that a bricklayer would see an increase in housing construction, both council and private, to be good for his trade and as for the plumber well as it is a trade where many are self employed they could take advantage of the opening up of statutory paternity and maternity pay as well as other benefits.

My mate was called a 'Tory twat' today in Manchester by a cyclist who then tried to run him over before finally telling him to 'go home'...all because he was wearing a suit!  He lives in Manchester and wasn't anywhere near the Tory conference nor had any plans to go!  lol

Remarkable watching some of the footage of the protesters.  Listening to them I sometimes forget that the Conservatives won a democratically free election fair and square.  

I'm really not sure what country some of these left wingers think they're trying to campaign for.  I mean the ones that are on my Facebook page all come from the whitest most middle-class backgrounds and have the whitest most middle-class social circles you'll ever see and yet there they are banging on about about an underclass they've only ever read about in the Guardian and in A-Level Sociology classes about the 1980's.  Who on earth do they think they are representing? 

You're referring to the white-privilege lefties? The same people who protest against 'white mass shooters' and 'white male narratives' but are too selfish in their apparent collectivism to step aside themselves.

I love a good far-lefty on FB.

4000 at the Tory conference 8000 at a Corbyn meeting.

So pretty much the capacity of Manchester Central then.  :dunno:

But what's your point?  Are you somehow suggesting that Corbyn is set to win double the votes of the Conservatives in the next election?  Have you not looked at a single opinion poll since he took control of Labour?  Let me remind you, he is the FIRST Labour leader to ever score a negative debut poll rating and has received the worst ratings for a Labour leader in 60 years.  :nigel:

I would hope that a bricklayer would see an increase in housing construction, both council and private, to be good for his trade and as for the plumber well as it is a trade where many are self employed they could take advantage of the opening up of statutory paternity and maternity pay as well as other benefits.

Most builders and trade people I speak too are already so busy they are turning work away, why would they risk it all for another boom and bust?

Typical labour voters are white middle class,usually from the public sector. I don't know many Hindu's who still vote labour or people from more' traditional' working class jobs.

OK, this is partly the raw personal politics of Boris positioning himself to challenge Osborne for the succession, but interesting: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1ee67d80-6b91-11e5-aca9-d87542bf8673.html#axzz3nlqu3fYf

I've not studied the detailed figures, but most experts believe that, in the short-term at least, a lot of working people are going to be worse off by losing more in tax credits than they gain from an increased minimum wage and higher income tax threshold. If so, Osborne is presumably gambling that people will take that hit in the next couple of years, but will have forgotten about it and be better off by 2020. Boris presumably thinks that this could make the Tories quite unpopular in the short-term, maybe sufficiently so for him to use the issue to beat Osborne to the leadership. I presume, though, that Cameron will stay for at least 3 years, unless he campaigns to stay in the EU and loses the referendum....

Here's a bit of the FT article, anyway:

Boris Johnson, London mayor, will on Tuesday fire a warning shot at George Osborne over his plan to cut in-work tax credits, saying that the Tories should “protect the hardest working and the lowest paid”.

Mr Johnson is positioning himself as a champion of compassionate “One Nation” Conservatism and believes that the chancellor will inflict damage on that cause by taking tax credits away from “striving” families.

In a speech to the Tory conference in Manchester on Tuesday, the mayor will say: “We must ensure that as we reform welfare and we cut taxes that we protect the hardest working and lowest paid.”

He said that the Conservatives should protect “shop workers, cleaners, the people who get up in the small hours or work through the night because they have dreams for what their families can achieve”.

Mr Johnson has privately lobbied Mr Osborne to mitigate the effect of the tax credit cuts, which take effect next April. He will argue that the Tories should support “hope and aspiration”.

The chancellor is also facing pressure to soften the impact of the welfare changes from David Willetts, the former Tory minister, and from the Sun on Sunday, which has launched a campaign on behalf of its low-paid readers

Archived