Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Paris Shootings

Just a short video showing how easy it is to buy untraceable guns in the US at the moment.

More robust gun laws would make it much harder to acquire such weapons. Yes, you could get them from the black market, from Silk Road or whatever, but imagine how much more they would cost and how much effort you'd have to put in.

Should guns be banned completely, handguns and assault rifles probably, but just like in the UK people probably should be able to keep shotguns and rifles used for hunting, with limited mag capacity.

lol. Again, not something an ordinary person would get right. They wouldn't use a TOR browser/VPN and would leave themselves open to being caught. That and even if you use TOR, the dark net is hidden, for a reason. When it was in the news a lot, I tried to find it, protecting myself of course, but I couldn't really find anything. Perhaps that is why Mi5 keep rejecting me!! But even if you did find someone selling guns/drugs whatever, it would be very risky to meet with them, which would be the most off putting thing for most people I'd imagine.

It was easy to get on silk road. You just had to download the tor browser and Google for a link. Then you could apparently buy drugs with bitcoins and they would send them to your house through the mail, with little chance of a small amount of drugs being detected.

Guns would be a different matter, of course.

It was easy to get on silk road. You just had to download the tor browser and Google for a link. Then you could apparently buy drugs with bitcoins and they would send them to your house through the mail, with little chance of a small amount of drugs being detected.

Guns would be a different matter, of course.

Right. But it does take some effort and understanding, and quite a bit of risk (even if a small amount is unlikely to be detected), especially for guns. Whereas right now in the US, you can just rock up to a gun show and buy a gun, without any questions as per the CNN video. A lot less effort and risk.

lol. Again, not something an ordinary person would get right. They wouldn't use a TOR browser/VPN and would leave themselves open to being caught. That and even if you use TOR, the dark net is hidden, for a reason. When it was in the news a lot, I tried to find it, protecting myself of course, but I couldn't really find anything. Perhaps that is why Mi5 keep rejecting me!! But even if you did find someone selling guns/drugs whatever, it would be very risky to meet with them, which would be the most off putting thing for most people I'd imagine.

I can't believe it's more difficult to get guns in the US than over here in the UK or France and I could go into a city in either country and get a gun. On the darknet it's quite easy to get the contacts and like using Google as long as you trust the source then it's not risky. It's quite unbelievable just what you can get through the darknet.

I can't believe it's more difficult to get guns in the US than over here in the UK or France and I could go into a city in either country and get a gun. On the darknet it's quite easy to get the contacts and like using Google as long as you trust the source then it's not risky. It's quite unbelievable just what you can get through the darknet.

I think you are misunderstanding my point. I am saying that yes, you can find stuff on the darkweb, if you know how to look for it, but then you have to some serious balls to go through with it. Why would you trust the source on the darkweb? I wouldn't. It's the darkweb for a reason. Criminals are not to be trusted, because they are criminals. That and the police are using the darkweb themselves. Someone who really wants to do something dodgy will use it, they'll use any means available to get what they want. But the point is, that for the average person, it is a lot harder than going to a gun show, or buying privately, and getting a weapon with zero checks and registration. Plus then, if you don't have a weapon handy, but have to buy one through the darkweb, which would require it being posted to you, dropped off at a dead drop, or having to meet someone, it slows you down, and I would imagine you are less likely to be able to kill in a fit of passion or commit suicide.

People can and will always be able to get whatever they want, if they put enough effort into it. The darkweb makes it easier than having to go and find a criminal on the streets, but it still is more difficult and risky than the current situation of getting a gun legally in the US and therefore more likely to deter potential criminals and prevent deaths.

It is just logical and not over simplified.

@@Merging Cultures How's your son doing?

He went to the Dr. this morning, they put him on a nebulizer, have given him steroids and a ventolin inhaler. He's sleeping now. Whenever he gets a cold/runny nose, he gets short of breath. He has to breathe so quickly, it's like he has run a marathon. How is your family?

Just  watched that video of the guns sales. What is to stop a killer using a gun then taking it along to a gun fair to sell on if there are no ID checks? Things may have gone too far for an outright ban but surely noone can disagree the laws need tightening up.

Why would anyone want a semi-automatic rifle to carry around with them. You can't really put one in your coat pocket.

Anyone wanting a gun should have authorisation from the police and give a reason for wanting the type they want. Criminals would not use legal guns now anyway because of the serial number being traced or not having one.

I am against the ownership of guns but I am more against how easy it is to obtain one.

There was a case recently of a 12 year old boy shooting dead an eight year old neighbour from his house because of some disagreement. Where did he get the gun from? Why was it loaded? Why was it not securely locked away? Was it lying around on a kitchen table?

He went to the Dr. this morning, they put him on a nebulizer, have given him steroids and a ventolin inhaler. He's sleeping now. Whenever he gets a cold/runny nose, he gets short of breath. He has to breathe so quickly, it's like he has run a marathon. How is your family?

Been a whole month since i have had to take the little one for an overnight stay in hospital! woohoo! lol Little victories, eh? Although they Do both have hand foot and mouth disease ( not to be confused with foot and mouth disease!).

Someone i used to know has now stopped attending football matches because of the threat of a terrorist attack. Bit far or do you think its actually likely?

Literally no point in doing this. By that logic,he wouldn't get on an aircraft or go to a shopping centre etc? Can't organise your life around the possible threat of a terrorist attack.

Literally no point in doing this. By that logic,he wouldn't get on an aircraft or go to a shopping centre etc? Can't organise your life around the possible threat of a terrorist attack.

Agree with you completely. He was only a 5 game a season man at best so for him it probably aint a big thing. Madness in my eyes though

lol at FIF pretending to be all gangster.

:xmaslaugh: at Moosey - thinking he knows me.

You are flipping hamburgers and I'm in a 11 bed house near the beach in France. ever wonder why?  :xmastongue:

I think you are misunderstanding my point. I am saying that yes, you can find stuff on the darkweb, if you know how to look for it, but then you have to some serious balls to go through with it. Why would you trust the source on the darkweb? I wouldn't. It's the darkweb for a reason. Criminals are not to be trusted, because they are criminals. That and the police are using the darkweb themselves. Someone who really wants to do something dodgy will use it, they'll use any means available to get what they want. But the point is, that for the average person, it is a lot harder than going to a gun show, or buying privately, and getting a weapon with zero checks and registration. Plus then, if you don't have a weapon handy, but have to buy one through the darkweb, which would require it being posted to you, dropped off at a dead drop, or having to meet someone, it slows you down, and I would imagine you are less likely to be able to kill in a fit of passion or commit suicide.

People can and will always be able to get whatever they want, if they put enough effort into it. The darkweb makes it easier than having to go and find a criminal on the streets, but it still is more difficult and risky than the current situation of getting a gun legally in the US and therefore more likely to deter potential criminals and prevent deaths.

It is just logical and not over simplified.

I think I must be misunderstanding you.

As for trust - I was pointing out that as with the normal web you can judge the reliability of a source by who they deal with, who you find out about them from etc... Criminals are just human beings they are no less trust worthy in a business situation than a guy selling signed City shirts on Ebay.

As for trust - I was pointing out that as with the normal web you can judge the reliability of a source by who they deal with, who you find out about them from etc... Criminals are just human beings they are no less trust worthy in a business situation than a guy selling signed City shirts on Ebay.

Yeah, I've been ripped off too many times.

Because you could go into any ghetto in Europe and come out packing heat presumably.

you know very little about me, it's funny how you think you do.

btw I love the way you laughed at my "knowledge" of the darknet and then have to post about your knowledge of silk road.

You wannabee me don't you, Moose?

Your on crack mate, the world i s a dangerous place, you being a white man, has massive advantages, you can travel the world and in general people treat you with respect, that includes India. Being a tourist and being a belonger is massive. Live in my world and its totally different, you won't trust humanity with steam of my piss

You're staying at a homeless shelter in the south to France because it is warmer than Bournemouth?!

(Joking!!)

It was damn warm today. somewhere in the 20's and I had two great walks along the beach.

Your on crack mate, the world i s a dangerous place, you being a white man, has massive advantages, you can travel the world and in general people treat you with respect, that includes India. Being a tourist and being a belonger is massive. Live in my world and its totally different, you won't trust humanity with steam of my piss

In all societies there are people you can trust and people you can't.

It's true being a tall (good looking, intelligent) well-off white man helps me in many situations but can work against me in others. 

I certainly don't trust everyone, far from it but neither do I fear everyone (like mooseman).

In all societies there are people you can trust and people you can't.

It's true being a tall (good looking, intelligent) well-off white man helps me in many situations but can work against me in others.

I certainly don't trust everyone, far from it but neither do I fear everyone (like mooseman).

You have to admit, buying from a criminal on the dark web is more risky than someone selling something on eBay.

Archived