Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Paris Shootings

who knows bro the news never report shit like that

who knows bro the news never report shit like that

But they do. I read the world news from all sorts of sources including Al Jazeera and coverage depends on location/its local population/the desired slant of the publisher and so on.

The Paris shootings were big news here because the conflict involves all of us, the notional brotherhood of Europe, tenuous though it may be and the attrocities unfolded just an hour away by plane and not much further by train.

It impacted on every one of us to some extent.        

What the French commentators were saying on Newsnight about their Jihadis being marginal, not very Islamic types is borne out by info on the Paris terrorists:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/20/hasna-ait-boulahcen-party-girl-who-became-paris-suicide-bomber

A terror suspect who blew herself up during a police siege in the Paris suburb of St-Denis has been described by friends and relatives as an unstable, lost soul who until recently smoked, drank vodka and liked to party.Hasna Aït Boulahcen, 26, whose passport was found in a handbag in what remained of an apartment after she triggered a suicide vest, was said to have “lived in her own world” after a troubled and disruptive childhood. Neighbours said they had been shocked when the young woman, described as a talkative tomboy who wore jeans and sunglasses, transformed into an apparently devout Muslim around six months ago. Aït Boulahcen exchanged her trademark cowboy hat and boots for a long robe and a full veil. “She started wearing the jilbab [the long, loosely fitted outer garment] then a month later she was wearing the niqab [which covers the face],” a man called Youssouf, who said he was her brother, told AFP. “She was living in her own world. I’d never known her study religion or even open a Qur’an.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/995146/paris-attacks-mastermind-seen-drinking-alcohol-after-attacks/

Days after the deadly Paris attacks, it has emerged the mastermind of the attacks and Europe’s first woman suicide bomber had no interest in religion. Eyewitnesses have claimed they saw Abdel Hamid Abaaoud, the mastermind behind the attacks, drinking whisky hours after the attack while accounts of an ‘alcohol-loving’ Hasna Ait Boulahcen are also being reported.

No doubt there are serious Islamist obsessives out there radicalising the marginals to turn them into ISIS ground troops, but that requires a whole different strategy, as approaches via mosques and Muslim community figures aren't likely to be effective. Presumably intelligence is the best way to identify and tackle the Islamist recruiters, but how do you stop the flow of boozing, toking, dysfunctional drifters who seem to comprise a lot of the recruits? Sounds like a massive, long-term social policy mission.  If such people can be turned overnight into ISIS suicide bombers, it also makes me wonder what other crazy missions dysfunctional types might get involved in - and not just those from a Muslim background.

Alah forgives all your past sins in the name of jihad. A true story, a good.Muslim.mate of mine, drinks, eats pork, etc etc all because he believes his religion tells him that if he converts someone to Islam he will be forgiven and allowed into heaven.

So vulnerable people, who drink or on drugs, this is an avenue to salvation

What is the point of religion if you can do all that without it?

One of my ex neighbours was a Muslim.He used to write on his flat walls all the times of prayers. He also smoked  drank and took drugs. He had a mental condition though which led  him to do those things. A split personality. So even  if  he was not a Muslim he would probably been the same. He was very easily led which the local drug dealers took advantage of causing damage to our front door and  trouble.

I also worked with a Muslim when  doing security. He was very quet. Never heard him swear, never drank. He was mistakenly  identified as stealing a bike  and arrested. He was held for several hours and told he would be released with  a caution if he admitted it. He said he felt shame as a Muslim  in being accused of doing it even though he said he had not. 

So as far as I am concerned people are just people and that is how I treat them. I am basically secular and humanitarian I do not need a manual on how to be like that. Whether I do good or bad it is my decision and will not use prejudice towards someone because it says I should in a book. I can make that decision without if I choose to.

What the French commentators were saying on Newsnight about their Jihadis being marginal, not very Islamic types is borne out by info on the Paris terrorists:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/20/hasna-ait-boulahcen-party-girl-who-became-paris-suicide-bomber

A terror suspect who blew herself up during a police siege in the Paris suburb of St-Denis has been described by friends and relatives as an unstable, lost soul who until recently smoked, drank vodka and liked to party.Hasna Aït Boulahcen, 26, whose passport was found in a handbag in what remained of an apartment after she triggered a suicide vest, was said to have “lived in her own world” after a troubled and disruptive childhood. Neighbours said they had been shocked when the young woman, described as a talkative tomboy who wore jeans and sunglasses, transformed into an apparently devout Muslim around six months ago. Aït Boulahcen exchanged her trademark cowboy hat and boots for a long robe and a full veil. “She started wearing the jilbab [the long, loosely fitted outer garment] then a month later she was wearing the niqab [which covers the face],” a man called Youssouf, who said he was her brother, told AFP. “She was living in her own world. I’d never known her study religion or even open a Qur’an.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/995146/paris-attacks-mastermind-seen-drinking-alcohol-after-attacks/

Days after the deadly Paris attacks, it has emerged the mastermind of the attacks and Europe’s first woman suicide bomber had no interest in religion. Eyewitnesses have claimed they saw Abdel Hamid Abaaoud, the mastermind behind the attacks, drinking whisky hours after the attack while accounts of an ‘alcohol-loving’ Hasna Ait Boulahcen are also being reported.

No doubt there are serious Islamist obsessives out there radicalising the marginals to turn them into ISIS ground troops, but that requires a whole different strategy, as approaches via mosques and Muslim community figures aren't likely to be effective. Presumably intelligence is the best way to identify and tackle the Islamist recruiters, but how do you stop the flow of boozing, toking, dysfunctional drifters who seem to comprise a lot of the recruits? Sounds like a massive, long-term social policy mission. If such people can be turned overnight into ISIS suicide bombers, it also makes me wonder what other crazy missions dysfunctional types might get involved in - and not just those from a Muslim background.

Today they announced the remains of a 3rd person found in the apartment

Police now believe that she didn't kill herself but was blown up by a male with her

She cried help me help me and also he is not my boyfriend

None of those the actions of a suicide bomber ! apparently from her spine it's quite obvious she didn't blow herself up

So we must wait for dNA but likely hood it's the Belgium fella on the run !

Today they announced the remains of a 3rd person found in the apartment

Police now believe that she didn't kill herself but was blown up by a male with her

She cried help me help me and also he is not my boyfriend

None of those the actions of a suicide bomber ! apparently from her spine it's quite obvious she didn't blow herself up

So we must wait for dNA but likely hood it's the Belgium fella on the run !

Her identity had been revealed for about a day now - and she's been described by people who got to know her as rather extrovert, special, outgoing and girly, smoking and drinking alcohol - a liberal Northern African woman like many others enjoying herself. Only a few months ago did she start wearing a burqa and become a seemingly radical Islamist. She allegedly had a flair for weird behaviour and loved to wear cowboy hats before she gave up her life to follow the Jihad call.

She and the mastermind behind the attacks, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, knew each other rather well - she was his cousin, after all.

There's contradicting reports as to whether she killed herself or whether she was a victim of a male suicide bomber inside that building.

During the raid, the police were shouting in her direction "Where's your (boy)friend (Abaaoud) (Où est ton copain - Il est où)?" To which she replied "He's not my (boy)friend!". Seconds later, the bomb detonated. Remains of her body, including parts of her spine, were thrown outside into the courtyard as a consequence of the explosion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12005728/Listen-Paris-female-suicide-bomber-shouts-at-police-during-raid.html

Alah forgives all your past sins in the name of jihad. A true story, a good.Muslim.mate of mine, drinks, eats pork, etc etc all because he believes his religion tells him that if he converts someone to Islam he will be forgiven and allowed into heaven.

What a load of bollox and your mate sounds like he belongs in an insane asylum. I assure you his beliefs are not shared amongst most muslims.

What a load of bollox and your mate sounds like he belongs in an insane asylum. I assure you his beliefs are not shared amongst most muslims.

Agreed, he is a fake. Lovely guy though, he wants to be a good Muslim but uses all sorts of excuses to suit his lifestyle. I have Sikh friends like that aswell.

You say not most, I was at a Muslim wedding only 3 weeks ago, majority of the guys were drinking alcohol in coke cans, so not to get found out

Sad but seemingly believed in my experience too.

One Muslim guy I know has only ever been arrested for being drunk and disorderly and hasn't fasted for years claiming, with a grin, that he doesn't need to cos he's "disabled".

These cretins must be loving the fear of terror their causing. Basically shutting Brussels down on a weekend a month before Christmas.

True but the Belgians have been very lapse with security.

Belgium are going to be twitchy until they catch Abdeslam or until he pops up in Syria. Can't see him hiding anywhere in Europe long term, he'll ever get out or go down with a bang, probably literally.

It's a good chance he's the third dead body in the St Denis flat I'd have thought.

It's a good chance he's the third dead body in the St Denis flat I'd have thought.

He's been Skyping his mates, the massive div. Apparently in Brussels, and desperate for help in getting back to Syria, as well as being worried ISIS not happy with him, presumably because he didn't blow himself to bits.

Clown

Archived