Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Paris Shootings

Are we going to keep using the 'lone nutter' excuse when these attacks are happening nearly daily?

The truth is really most likely somewhere in the middle, isn't it? Daesh funding satellite agents who recruit / wind up these fruit loops to go and wreak havoc.

I'm not convinced these knife-wielding vaginas have anything to do with IS, or rather I can't believe either this guy today or the chap in the underground station received any formal contact or training from 'legitimate' IS members.  I don't like how they've emboldened these unimaginative cowards who I can only imagine are unhappy with their lot in life (aren't we all?) and are just using IS as an excuse to act out violent fantasies.

Well this is where we have to look at our own press, I very much doubt Daesh had any contact with some of these people, but they probably feel like they are in contact with them. The way we deal with this in the media, normal  and social, I often feel like we are doing their job for them.

Are we going to keep using the 'lone nutter' excuse when these attacks are happening nearly daily?

Maybe I give them too much credit but I feel like a true IS operative would be able to cause a bit more havoc than failing to kill someone with a knife in an empty classroom and running away.

If this really is the extent of their day-to-day abilities then honestly it's kind of a relief to know the whole assault rifle and bombs thing was just a one-off.

A significant proportion of the American population seem to have no problem with that when yet another mass shooting by a white guy happens or a church gets burned down.

I know this discussion has been had before but yes, there is a double standard. Ideology doesn't end up meaning much to either the nutters who do the depraved shit (no matter what or whose name they choose to do it in) or - more importantly - the poor sods that get in their way. There IS an equivalence, and a double standard.

I think we're dealing with something a bit different than the annual American mass shooting. We're getting news of attacks or foiled plots almost every day now. It's clear that many people think Europe is a war zone and 'we' are the enemy. Not everyone who has killed someone in a war zone is a nutter. We're past the point of these actions being restricted to nutters, it's becoming more and more mainstream.

As you would be aware - there are a lot of nutters out there.

I think we're dealing with something a bit different than the annual American mass shooting. We're getting news of attacks or foiled plots almost every day now. It's clear that many people think Europe is a war zone and 'we' are the enemy. Not everyone who has killed someone in a war zone is a nutter. We're past the point of these actions being restricted to nutters, it's becoming more and more mainstream.

I never had you down for the mass hysteria type.

Has your day been inconvenienced once in the last week by IS terrorists?

I think you're half right.

I think Daesh want us to see Europe as a warzone, as unsafe, as under attack. They'd quite like us to all turn on migrants and resident Muslims, it'd make them all easier to radicalise.

The press are equally happy to perpetuate this idea as it sells.

The reality is that a few fringe loons who are disenfranchised with contemporary society are being groomed by a handful of psychopaths in the name of "IS" and wound up enough to do something stupid.

Dangerous, yes, but not really apocalyptic. Your odds of being inconvenienced, let alone injured, by an Islamist radical is minute. But you'll still get stupid stories floating around like "X white guy was nice to Y Asian lady and she said thankyou and told him to stay out of Z city on W day", you'll still get people wound up and scared and that's what they want.

Something was pointed out to me the other day which scared me a little bit... Really not sure what i think about it to be honest...

All the mass shootings in america have happened in places where people were banned from carrying their personal firearm and thus rendering them unable to defend themselves.. They belieeved that it is a conciencious decision as to why these places are being targeted.

i Do see their point. Give lots of people the right to bare arms but then tell some people they cant carry them in certain places... Its just.. i don't know...I'm Happy sitting in starbucks knowing the person next to me doesn't have a gun. But, if someone came in shooting, would i be happy to find out he snook one in? You bet I would. But Guns being everywhere? Man, i don't know... i really dont....

But, say for instance you were just coming from the loo and the bloke who was sitting at the next table was firing a gun in your direction how would you know whether he was aiming at you or the nutter behind you with a semi automatic?

You pull your weapon out and there is a cafe full of blokes firing guns at each other. Then the police storm in and shoots everyone because they can.

Something was pointed out to me the other day which scared me a little bit... Really not sure what i think about it to be honest...

All the mass shootings in america have happened in places where people were banned from carrying their personal firearm and thus rendering them unable to defend themselves.. They belieeved that it is a conciencious decision as to why these places are being targeted.

i Do see their point. Give lots of people the right to bare arms but then tell some people they cant carry them in certain places... Its just.. i don't know...I'm Happy sitting in starbucks knowing the person next to me doesn't have a gun. But, if someone came in shooting, would i be happy to find out he snook one in? You bet I would. But Guns being everywhere? Man, i don't know... i really dont....

Just take them off everyone. Problem solved. The right to own a gun is the stupidest major law in any developed country anywhere.

But, say for instance you were just coming from the loo and the bloke who was sitting at the next table was firing a gun in your direction how would you know whether he was aiming at you or the nutter behind you with a semi automatic?

You pull your weapon out and there is a cafe full of blokes firing guns at each other. Then the police storm in and shoots everyone because they can.

Surely the nutter  behind you with a semi automatic would be firing his  gun too?

Just take them off everyone. Problem solved. The right to own a gun is the stupidest major law in any developed country anywhere.

Bit naive there, Finners.

Yeah thats right. Just take ithe guns off of the criminals. They'll all line up and hand their guns over. And there will be no black market for guns too. Just like all the drugs are stopped from coming over the border, they'll be able to stop all guns coming in too... So you'll just end up with no guns in the hands of the innocent law abiding citezens and a plentiful supply of guns in the hands of the criminals. We're talking about a hugely organised  and sophisticated criminal networks. Not just BIlly over here who wants a nice tv...

Thats actually one advantage we have in the U.K . The Ocean acts as a natural border.

It's not if some people within that country live 5-6 hours away from any law enforcement, not allowing them to have some form of self defence would leave them to face all sorts of unpleasantness.

What's dumb is allowing 18 year kids at college in the middle of major cities to own them, as usual, the best idea in somewhere in the middle of two extremes.

Yeah thats right. Just take ithe guns off of the criminals. They'll all line up and hand their guns over. And there will be no black market for guns too. Just like all the drugs are stopped from coming over the border, they'll be able to stop all guns coming in too... So you'll just end up with no guns in the hands of the innocent law abiding citezens and a plentiful supply of guns in the hands of the criminals. We're talking about a hugely organised and sophisticated criminal networks. Not just BIlly over here who wants a nice tv...

Thats actually one advantage we have in the U.K . The Ocean acts as a natural border.

Obviously you're not going to make guns disappear overnight.

The idea of leaving them legal because crime exists is just ****ing retarded, though. Then again, most defences of the second ammendment are ****ing retarded.

Pretty sure the entire world knows the reason gun ownership is still legal is that the arms industry makes billions and they're fantastic at brainwashing the majority of idiots into thinking they'd be un-American "fags" if they wanted them banned.

It's not if some people within that country live 5-6 hours away from any law enforcement, not allowing them to have some form of self defence would leave them to face all sorts of unpleasantness.

What's dumb is allowing 18 year kids at college in the middle of major cities to own them, as usual, the best idea in somewhere in the middle of two extremes.

I disagree matt, no honest citizen should carry a gun for protection. It only means every criminal must carry one too, its way too late for america now, they will never give them up.

Yeah thats right. Just take ithe guns off of the criminals. They'll all line up and hand their guns over. And there will be no black market for guns too. Just like all the drugs are stopped from coming over the border, they'll be able to stop all guns coming in too... So you'll just end up with no guns in the hands of the innocent law abiding citezens and a plentiful supply of guns in the hands of the criminals. We're talking about a hugely organised  and sophisticated criminal networks. Not just BIlly over here who wants a nice tv...

If you're a criminal with a gun in England, you can be pretty sure that no civilians are carrying a gun, if you're an armed criminal in the US, you can't be, so you would be more inclined to shoot first and ask later.

Obviously in the case of random violent shootings/terrorist attacks it is different, but an armed robber in the UK will know he will not encounter an armed civilian, so will have no need to use their guns just wave them around and point them at people will most likely be enough to get what you want.

Obviously you're not going to make guns disappear overnight.

The idea of leaving them legal because crime exists is just ****ing retarded, though. Then again, most defences of the second ammendment are ****ing retarded.

Pretty sure the entire world knows the reason gun ownership is still legal is that the arms industry makes billions and they're fantastic at brainwashing the majority of idiots into thinking they'd be un-American "fags" if they wanted them banned.

lol

You're not going to win anyone over to your way of thinking with a come back like that.

Archived