Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Cambiasso or Kante

A few of us felt Cambiasso was somewhat over rated last season. Undoubtedly, he was an asset to the team, but he isn't a legend like so many make out.

A legend to me is someone who will be remembered fondly by all 20 + years on from when he played at said club.

You could have a bog standard bit player who then scores a winner in a cup final. That makes him a legend.

I'll more than likely remember Cambiasso in 19 years time so I can see the "Cambiasso is a legend" arguement.

As Col City knows, I was a huge fan of Cambiasso.

I feel very lucky to have seen him in a blue shirt.

Would I replace Kante with Cambiasso? No way, Kante has been a revelation. People worry about the big clubs coming to poach Vardy or Mahrez, I am worried they are going to realise the gem we have in Kante.

Would I have Cambiasso alongside Kante? Dunno, It could be brilliant, though a little unfair on Drinkwater.

Would I want Cambiasso in the squad this season if he was happy to be a squad player ? God yes, I think his experience would help the team as it clearly did last season.

However, he's gone and so we look forward with our current team/squad, which lets face it, are doing a brilliant job, especially KANTE.

Best post in this thread by far. I completely agree with this. I was, and still am, a big Cambiasso fan but we have moved on and in the set up we are operating at the moment Kante is the man.That does not detract from what Camby did for us but times have changed.

lol

Don't worry about me Webbo..I can hold mi own regarding some of the posters on here!

As for 'Col is alright right', just read the betting thread. You'll see that pretty much 'Col is always wrong'

:thumbup:

He's not so great in the predictor league either.  lol

He is, however, one of my favourite posters on here. He tells it how it is as he sees it and is good fun (this is beer fueled talk and cannot be held against me)

Wouldn't take Cambiasso over Drinky or Kanté at the moment

Did cambiassio help Drinky develop or are we only seeing this blossoming Drinky because the opportunity has come because cambiassio left ?

I agree with you 100%

but trying to understand if sometimes these short term big names leave a positive legacy or hold back developing talent

Did cambiassio help Drinky develop or are we only seeing this blossoming Drinky because the opportunity has come because cambiassio left ?

I agree with you 100%

but trying to understand if sometimes these short term big names leave a positive legacy or hold back developing talent

Drinky was our POTS BEFORE Cambs arrived.

I'm convinced people are starting threads like these to lure me in...there must have now been at least four of them.

Kante...by a country mile.

I'll not explain why. To do so would be to risk another ban or to get metaphorical eggs thrown at me once more by the Cambiassoites, of which there are many.

Cambiasso has started, I believe, in 4 games in Greece this season. Kante is pretty much an ever present in a team top of the Premiership. It's no coincidence why.

Can't decide if you're delusional, paranoid or just arrogant.

Can't decide if you're delusional, paranoid or just arrogant.

Why?

Cambiasso has featured in a mere 4 games this season in the Greek league and Kante is pretty much ever present and has been a revelation in one of the top sides in the Premiership. Again yesterday I thought he was superb in a two man midfield.

I wouldn't swap him for Esteban! Would you really?

Archived