Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

EU referendum opinion poll.

EU referendum poll.  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish the UK to remain in or leave the EU?

• Remain
    • Leave.
    • Not sure

The thing about the EU is. Every govt, left or right, in every country says the same thing every time something unpopular is done. "We don't want to do this but Europe is making us" so we all think, well I don't like it, how can I vote these people out and the truth is we can't.

Now maybe some of these n policies are necessary but nobody would vote for them but that's not the point. We're supposed to be living in a democracy, if the voters won't vote what is deemed necessary then they have to live with the consequences. We need politicians who tell the truth not tell us what we want to hear and then do the opposite.

Good point who will they blame when the UK pulls out? The Judges? The Police? The Teachers? Or will everything be roses?

I struggle to believe that every single one of them has family over here.

I can only say what I've seen on the many French news articles that I've watched. Almost every person interviewed speaks English (voice over for the news station) and state that they have family there.

It seems plausible to me.

France is a very pleasant country to live in, they can get housing and benefits here as easily as they can in England and there is a larger muslim community for them. I see no reason that they'd not want to live in France otherwise.

Plus the weather is generally better down in the south. :D  

Good point who will they blame when the UK pulls out? The Judges? The Police? The Teachers? Or will everything be roses?

No, we'll still have the same problems but the politicians will have to take responsibility for them.

No, we'll still have the same problems but the politicians will have to take responsibility for them.

If that were the case it would be a good argument for out. Politicians rarely take responsibility for anything - unless they think it's a success or vote getter. History says they won't even if we pull out.

I can understand it being frustrating Fif but you are not a residence or a taxpayer, so tough shit. :D

I'm British and I'm in the EU thanks to the British govt. its agreements and its laws.

In fact if I was thrown out of France or any other country Britain would have to take me in and pay me without any choice.

If Cameron really wanted to stay in the EU he'd have all of us British Ex-pats voting.

Really FIF?

One of my good friends in Phildelphia says he can.

You have to have been a resident within the last 15 years.

I can understand it being frustrating Fif but you are not a residence or a taxpayer, so tough shit. :D

btw I DO pay tax in Britain as well as paying tax in France.

I'm British and I'm in the EU thanks to the British govt. its agreements and its laws.

In fact if I was thrown out of France or any other country Britain would have to take me in and pay me without any choice.

If Cameron really wanted to stay in the EU he'd have all of us British Ex-pats voting.

Cameron really wants to stay in the EU, he just really wants to look like he doesn't really want to stay in.

Britian won't in all liklihood have officials sitting in France that can block people, therefore the people can get on the boats and trains in France and only be stopped once on English soil - which means the camps will be in Britain, as I said, rather than in France. Britain maybe able to choose it's quotas but it can't stop people entering.

That makes NO sense. If all they can do is come here because 'we can't stop them in France', then we can do likewise = NO camps.

But in reality, we will have border checks where ever anyone wants to come here, as America, Japan, Colombia, Israel ETC.

Do these politicians have vested interests or have no belief in this country? Or both? 

Since Suez it appears that most of this countries politicians have done their damnedest to give away control. Perhaps they understand how incompetent they are  lol

Do these politicians have vested interests or have no belief in this country? Or both? 

Since Suez it appears that most of this countries politicians have done their damnedest to give away control. Perhaps they understand how incompetent they are  lol

Whoever the Prime Minister is or has been, they firmly believe that the EU is better equipped to spend the £19 Billion annual contribution we make.

SURELY, if you get elected to 'run the country' by ten million voters in a General Election, surely you would believe that you are the person to spend the taxes that the British public have voted you to do so.

'British' Prime Ministers DO NOT HAVE CONTROL over this country.

Whoever the Prime Minister is or has been, they firmly believe that the EU is better equipped to spend the £19 Billion annual contribution we make.

SURELY, if you get elected to 'run the country' by ten million voters in a General Election, surely you would believe that you are the person to spend the taxes that the British public have voted you to do so.

I don't think the selling point of EU membership is that they can better spend our money... I think the single-market and free trade is a more significant reason.

They are spending the taxes just as they do when they give the money to Education or Defence or Social Security.

They are spending the taxes just as they do when they give the money to Education or Defence or Social Security.

The PM doesn't spend £19 Billion of UK taxes, he gives it to the EU, who in return, only spend £12 billion back on us.

Wouldn't it be better if the other £7 Billion was spent on schools, hospitals, police etc?

The PM doesn't spend £19 Billion of UK taxes, he gives it to the EU, who in return, only spend £12 billion back on us.

Wouldn't it be better if the other £7 Billion was spent on schools, hospitals, police etc?

That discounts the benefits our markets receive for a free trade area, for one thing, and also yes, we are a net contributor to the EU, and there are poorer countries who take more out of the EU than they put in. Is it a bad thing in theory that wealth is redistributed to helping these poorer nations whose economy needs the support of other, stronger EU nations? 

That discounts the benefits our markets receive for a free trade area, for one thing, and also yes, we are a net contributor to the EU, and there are poorer countries who take more out of the EU than they put in. Is it a bad thing in theory that wealth is redistributed to helping these poorer nations whose economy needs the support of other, stronger EU nations? 

It did Greece a lot of good.

Its not really a free trade though if we pay for it. Its state susidized, we pay the taxes so big businesses can fill their greedy pockets. I can see why those on the left want to keep it ;)

Archived