Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPalace.com

Best Curry Leicester

Hey guys,

Well me and my wife are coming to Leicester on Saturday 23rd April for a long weekend.

Whats the best curry house's in Leicester currently?

I am a Leicester lad but things change,

We are staying at the travelodge in the centre so we are located well.

Any suggestions??

Paddy's Marten Inn gets consistently good reviews, but not exactly central.

Unhelpfully, a lot of the good ones are in the surrounding villages now.

City centre wise (and very near the railway station, which may or may not be relevant), a personal favourite of mine is the Kayal on Granby Street.  Not the cheapest, and you won't get a Chicken Tikka Masala in there, but the quality is great

Paddy's Marten Inn gets consistently good reviews, but not exactly central.

Unhelpfully, a lot of the good ones are in the surrounding villages now.

City centre wise (and very near the railway station, which may or may not be relevant), a personal favourite of mine is the Kayal on Granby Street.  Not the cheapest, and you won't get a Chicken Tikka Masala in there, but the quality is great

Yes the Kayal seems to get very good reviews indeed, will check out the menu.

Kayal is meant to be fantastic but I've heard you're very much on top of people there. Also it's Bangladeshi isn't it? I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain it isn't your standard Jalfrezi and pilau rice gaff.

The Tiffin on London Road used to be great, not been in in a while, always looks quiet these days. That Lilu place gets recommended a lot on here - check that out maybe?

Kalal is South Indian, tasty but fairy mild, bit like Sri Lankan.

Most 'Indian' restaurants are actual Bangladesh.

Didn't particularly like Lilu, bit pretentious.

Shimla (there's a rat in the kitchen...so we'll ignore them) Pink produced good food, but with little helpers.

Martins- great

Blue Peter was great but got bad scores on the door.#

Taj was good but now closed

Go with what the Indian guys on here recommend if you want quality, not always the best looking places though

Can you still get a £5 special at The Akash? How they ever did that I will never know.

Tiffin was great, but that's history too.

No help I know, but the old meadowbank pub in Wigston is very very good. Whenever we go for a curry Leicester way now we go there.

Paddy's Marten Inn by a country mile and being Indian myself I back myself to know where's good! If you are going make sure you book in advance it's literally full every night. Go for the salt and pepper prawns too, trust me best decision you'll ever make.

Kayal is meant to be fantastic but I've heard you're very much on top of people there. Also it's Bangladeshi isn't it? I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain it isn't your standard Jalfrezi and pilau rice gaff.

The Tiffin on London Road used to be great, not been in in a while, always looks quiet these days. That Lilu place gets recommended a lot on here - check that out maybe?

Very true.

The food is delicious but not typically jalfrezi etc. The dishes are quite different to mainstream curries. Expensive too vis a vis your standard tandoori

Archived