Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dunnyfox

New memberships

Do you know why they were capped in 2014/15 but weren't for this season ?

I imagine the original membership in 14/15 was set up to stop situations arousing like the ones that are being discussed on this thread as the club expected demand for tickets to be far greater, but obviously that wasn't to be a problem as we were bottom of the bloody table throughout the duration they were for sale pretty much. I like many when I renewed at then begining of the season expected the same membership and did later ask if there was a cap after reading the small print days after I'd already renewed but the sales assist sheepishly said she wasn't sure.

Interesting one this.....against a backdrop of the owners being absolutely brilliant with just about everything regards fans and pricing this is the one area that isn't working and needs attention. We have too many members to the point having one if you joined late on is meaningless. Silver pretty much was a waste of money. If joined in 2016.

Solutions? Could put the price of all levels of membership up to put people off/ lower demand.

Could allocate fixed numbers of tickets to each band of members, thereby each section does have aat least a chance of getting one, albeit reduced.

Could scrap silver memberships.

Could leave it, but get the feeling you will get some people, having bought a silver membership,getting no tickets, not sure that's the idea?

Needs thought, but our owners have rarely got it wrong......

If they can make money for nothing they will continue to do it. So they are not gonna stop selling memberships.

One solution maybe to sell only memeberships (gold if you want to call it that) and family.

And then have a ballot for every game. That way. They can continue to sell memeberships maybe at a reduced cost. But sell more.

You then know what you are signing up too. And what chance you have of getting a ticket at some point.

I guess memberships are now the new away priority. Very difficult to please everyone.

They just need to cap the numbers according to the seats available. I have always bought silver because it was cheaper, and until Swansea never had a problem getting tickets. The only disadvantage I had was the seat choices weren't as good as for gold, but still always got one, and they still got as far as city fox, allbeit with an even more restricted choice. But if they are going to cap the numbers and there are currently more silver members than they have seats available, after gold and family have renewed, they need to cut it off according to when the memberships were bought, and I would include city fox in this, not fair for long time members to lose out because the club continued to sell silver. Not much point being a member if there aren't going to be enough tickets after all.

Unless the club work out a way of making the scheme similar to what it was when I purchased my silver membership originally before the 14/15 season I think I'll leave going to games completely till were useless on the field again, I'm not prepared to get out a begging bowl and scrap my way for tickets every time, thought that was the whole point of the memberships schemes.

It was a bit wrong of the club introducing it in the first place as you are essentially only paying for the privalidge of purchasing tickets but now it's just messed up, if this is going to be the case scrap all memberships and put every ticket on general sale.

It would be great if the club could find a way of giving priority to members with long\frequent purchase history,

but let's be honest, it's not going to happen.

It could be done I was looking at Chelsea's membership scheme which is based on a points system. You get more points for going to "unfashionable" games and less points for the high demand games, extra points for cup games etc etc then home tickets are sold on a basis similar to our away priority, those with more points can purchase first. This would at least reward those who try to attend as many games as possible rather than those who only want tickets for games against the "bigger" teams .

The club really have fcuked up the membership scheme by allowing an extra 5000 silver memberships to be sold, I wouldn't upgrade to Silver out of principal as I had written to Susan Whelan complaining about this and funnily enough very soon after sending the letter along with others I may add the cessation of additional silver sales was announced. I am now in a position of being offered 4 City Fox memberships which will get me the square root of fcuk all ticket opportunity. I really hope the club sort this mess out because with 24000 ST holders the away allocation and the thousands of Silver members there really would be no point in renewing City Fox, money down the drain.

Does anyone know if silver foxes (keep in mind I bought mine before last season started) will be given the opportunity to upgrade to gold if any are not renewed?

I'm afraid that doesn't make a difference pal. I'm in the same boat, bought mine in the summer of 2014, but I've now come to accept the club value me and you as much as a bandwagoner who bought their membership in April. 

I'm afraid that doesn't make a difference pal. I'm in the same boat, bought mine in the summer of 2014, but I've now come to accept the club value me and you as much as a bandwagoner who bought their membership in April.

Oh joy!

I don't mind the bandwagon lot as such. I just wish their support could be counted on if our fortunes dipped. That way a big extension on the ground would be a no brainer and we could all be happy.

Wish I'd coughed up the extra £30 last year now, but it seemed pointless at the time!

Oh joy!

I don't mind the bandwagon lot as such. I just wish their support could be counted on if our fortunes dipped. That way a big extension on the ground would be a no brainer and we could all be happy.

Wish I'd coughed up the extra £30 last year now, but it seemed pointless at the time!

Hindsight is 20/20....

Again I'm exactly the same, but at the time I looked at the membership structure and figured that Silver would all but guarantee you tickets, and seeing that I was never bothered about getting two seats next to each other it was the best idea at the time. Then they lifted the limits on the numbers and completely devalued the whole thing. Now we're jostling with every other Tom, Dick and Harry that managed to get in before they finally put the cap back on (without ever advertising there was a limit) to try and get the scraps. 

Hindsight is 20/20....

Again I'm exactly the same, but at the time I looked at the membership structure and figured that Silver would all but guarantee you tickets, and seeing that I was never bothered about getting two seats next to each other it was the best idea at the time. Then they lifted the limits on the numbers and completely devalued the whole thing. Now we're jostling with every other Tom, Dick and Harry that managed to get in before they finally put the cap back on (without ever advertising there was a limit) to try and get the scraps.

Share your sentiment, it's a shame they can't just put the same limit on them again like they originally did and allow members with 60 loyalty points to renew gold and 40 for silver as that's the amount people who purchased gold and silver at the start of the 14/15 then renewed last season should be at, I did email that suggestion to the club but imagion it will have fallen on deaf ear.

It was poor form the club selling those memberships the way they did. Totally screws anyone who have a long standing commitment with a silver membership.

When it comes to renewals of both gold and silver I would be looking at an initial cap on both then start looking at purchasing dates.

It's interesting to hear people say things like bandwagoners and that we should use a loyalty based scheme to prioritise memberships for fans... if thats the case why only count silver membership or the "last two seasons" (thats all I keep hearing)..  Should I go back to 1991 and count all the season tickets and memberships I've had since then? Probably earned more loyalty points than most fans on here over the years - but lo and behold I got a Silver membership in April... and I'd have got one a lot sooner if I'd known they were still selling before April and rather than assuming they'd sold out and getting to games was impossible.

Just because people bought a silver membership in April doesn't mean they're jumping on the bandwagon. I've read countless people saying they didn't get a membership or season ticket for this season due to x y and z (finances, raising a family / having to save up to move house or buy a house etc. etc.), if they wanted to get a silver membership in April or in 2016 then fair play to them, the club has a shop, they were for sale, the customers bought them, and any of those x, y or z things were put aside for the fact that people didn't want to miss out on the biggest season the club will ever have in our lifetime. Can't really be blamed or tarred with the bandwagon brush for that and hearing it is getting tedious now.

Having said that I agree that Silver memberships should have been capped (luckily for me they weren't obviously) but I'd have been annoyed if I'd got a Silver membership at the start of the season but wasn't able to get to any games in April - there's no point in uncapping them, an allocation for STHs, FF, Gold, Silver and City Fox or whatever shouldn't exceed the capacity of the stadium otherwise it nullifies the purpose of having a membership, so I can see both sides to it. The club need to sort it out but blaming fans isn't neccessary or fair imo.

It's interesting to hear people say things like bandwagoners and that we should use a loyalty based scheme to prioritise memberships for fans... if thats the case why only count silver membership or the "last two seasons" (thats all I keep hearing).. Should I go back to 1991 and count all the season tickets and memberships I've had since then? Probably earned more loyalty points than most fans on here over the years - but lo and behold I got a Silver membership in April... and I'd have got one a lot sooner if I'd known they were still selling before April and rather than assuming they'd sold out and getting to games was impossible.

Just because people bought a silver membership in April doesn't mean they're jumping on the bandwagon. I've read countless people saying they didn't get a membership or season ticket for this season due to x y and z (finances, raising a family / having to save up to move house or buy a house etc. etc.), if they wanted to get a silver membership in April or in 2016 then fair play to them, the club has a shop, they were for sale, the customers bought them, and any of those x, y or z things were put aside for the fact that people didn't want to miss out on the biggest season the club will ever have in our lifetime. Can't really be blamed or tarred with the bandwagon brush for that and hearing it is getting tedious now.

Having said that I agree that Silver memberships should have been capped (luckily for me they weren't obviously) but I'd have been annoyed if I'd got a Silver membership at the start of the season but wasn't able to get to any games in April - there's no point in uncapping them, an allocation for STHs, FF, Gold, Silver and City Fox or whatever shouldn't exceed the capacity of the stadium otherwise it nullifies the purpose of having a membership, so I can see both sides to it. The club need to sort it out but blaming fans isn't neccessary or fair imo.

Excellent post and echoed my thoughts exactly. I have been a city fan for 31 years (since i was 16) and have been a season ticket holder/member for probably half of that time on and off. I didnt have a season ticket for a spell of 10 years because my working week was wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday and sunday so there was no point as it would have been a complete waste of money. Does that mean somebody who has had a silver membership should get priority over me. I think it would be so unfair to all of a sudden say now that someone who is a gold member cannot renew before a silver member is given the option to upgrade because they havent been a member as long as the other person. I also agree with capping ST's/memberships because otherwise they are pointlesd

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's interesting to hear people say things like bandwagoners and that we should use a loyalty based scheme to prioritise memberships for fans... if thats the case why only count silver membership or the "last two seasons" (thats all I keep hearing)..  Should I go back to 1991 and count all the season tickets and memberships I've had since then? Probably earned more loyalty points than most fans on here over the years - but lo and behold I got a Silver membership in April... and I'd have got one a lot sooner if I'd known they were still selling before April and rather than assuming they'd sold out and getting to games was impossible.

Yes it does.

Yes it does.

Totally agreed of course it does.

Getting a bit fed up of hearing the old 'i started going in 1891 never missed a game'.

Yeh maybe you did....but you have not been around for some time REGARDLESS OF THE REASON and therefore should quite rightly join the back of the queue and let the people who are by some stretch infront of you so to speak have the first bite of the Apple they deserve.

Totally disagree.

So based on your logic you are in a queue at the shop buying bread. You decide to leave the queue to go and do something then expect to take your same position in the queue?!

Don't think anyone doubts you are a fan but membership purchase in April and then bouncing up and down wanting first pick of memberships and season tickets following year is a bit rich.

So based on your logic you are in a queue at the shop buying bread. You decide to leave the queue to go and do something then expect to take your same position in the queue?!

Don't think anyone doubts you are a fan but membership purchase in April and then bouncing up and down wanting first pick of memberships and season tickets following year is a bit rich.

I haven't said I should be before any other silver members in the queue. If the club decide to do it on a who got the membership first basis then so be it, I'd agree with it and that'd be fair - I just don't think the bandwagon comments are fair. They probably apply to some people but not everyone.

And the debate goes on......

Nobody can say that they are more of a fan than anybody else. How long people have been a member/season ticket holder is irrelevant because nobody knows other peoples circumstances. It is what it is im afraid and we have to live with that. The club can never please everybody no matter how hard they try (or dont try).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived