Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Why is it whenever I'm drawing at half time and say "...we can win this", I go on to lose. Every time.

Could depend on player personality/body language ! If they can't handle the pressure they'll usually do a Spurs on ya 

36 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Randonmly lost to Preston last night 7-5 after a seemingly good run off form ! Was 5-1 down within 32 mins! 

sounds like the players want your assistant to have your job :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Beliall said:

sounds like the players want your assistant to have your job :ph34r:

Did have a fallout with a player for not letting him leave, been a key player in the team his morale was poor! 

I'm blaming him 

On 6/9/2017 at 17:12, Ian W LCFC said:

Just bought this as I'm back home for the summer after first year of Uni. Just started a Leverkusen save as they've got quite a few young players I wanted to use. Not given me much to work with in this first transfer window.

They're decent, Henrichs, Havertz, Brandt, Tah and Bailey off the top of my head all have world class potential.

I've started as Werder Bremen, may have to be slightly more patient lol. Managed to get in Serdar Tasci and Sebastian Jung for a combined £5m and our very own Ron-Robert on loan though which I'm pleased with. Pinning a lot of hope on 37 year old Claudio Pizarro to get the goals with Eggestein as backup, he looks a real talent. Sold Aron Johansson to Hull to raise funds to improve my crap defence.

Took Cov as far as i felt i could! Well as far as i could be bothered to! 

A secure Championship side with potential to go up!

No real financial backing from the board, was always a struggle to bring the players i wanted in! Average age of the side was 23 so hopefully next manager sticks with these, unless i snap them up :ph34r:.

13 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

They're decent, Henrichs, Havertz, Brandt, Tah and Bailey off the top of my head all have world class potential.

I've started as Werder Bremen, may have to be slightly more patient lol. Managed to get in Serdar Tasci and Sebastian Jung for a combined £5m and our very own Ron-Robert on loan though which I'm pleased with. Pinning a lot of hope on 37 year old Claudio Pizarro to get the goals with Eggestein as backup, he looks a real talent. Sold Aron Johansson to Hull to raise funds to improve my crap defence.

Just get  Eggestein in now, his attributes won't be great but the difference between him and geriatric Pizarro can't be that much 

On 6/13/2017 at 00:09, Wookie said:

Just get  Eggestein in now, his attributes won't be great but the difference between him and geriatric Pizarro can't be that much 

Easing him in now, Everton want Pizarro, he's 37 with contract ending in the summer, so I'm pushing to get £500k in January before the window opens. I've tried playing Max Kruse up top but he's not prolific as yet, so I may just bite the bullet and give Eggestein the time to develop by playing every week. His brother, Maximillian, is proving a useful backup to Grillitsch in midfield as well.

Been a slowish start to the season, I'm 10th after 11 games. Horribly unpredictable, I've drawn with Bayern, won 4-1 at Schalke, but also lost to Ingolstadt, Darmstadt and Augsburg. Maximillian Philip is joining in January which should freshen things up, but I need to find a real cutting edge.

8 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I've been there. Lovely place lol  

Picked purely because I know there is a race track there lol turns out they're quite a new team but are already very successful

I want to try something small in a different continent but that only leaves me with Asia or somewhere in South America outside of Argentina/Brazil.

Brommapojkarna!! Swedish 3rd division (north), joined them early pre-season and had just a week until Swedish Cup group games begun. I had two top division sides in my group as well as a team in the division above. I won 2-1 at home to Kalmar (Div 1), 2-0 away at Djurgarden (also Div 1) and then I needed a point against Degerfors away, equalised late on and went through, only the top team go through. Only Norrkoping looked like a team to avoid in the QF, I was drawn at home to play away at Gefle (one of them stupid countries that play the better team at home..) although Gefle were one of the worst top division sides.. I put in my most convincing performance of the season but lost 2-1 lol wasn't clinical enough.

Beating sides in the division above me, let alone two divisions, is something I am shit at.

Favourites to go up in the league though

5 hours ago, Walkers said:

Brommapojkarna!! Swedish 3rd division (north), joined them early pre-season and had just a week until Swedish Cup group games begun. I had two top division sides in my group as well as a team in the division above. I won 2-1 at home to Kalmar (Div 1), 2-0 away at Djurgarden (also Div 1) and then I needed a point against Degerfors away, equalised late on and went through, only the top team go through. Only Norrkoping looked like a team to avoid in the QF, I was drawn at home to play away at Gefle (one of them stupid countries that play the better team at home..) although Gefle were one of the worst top division sides.. I put in my most convincing performance of the season but lost 2-1 lol wasn't clinical enough.

Beating sides in the division above me, let alone two divisions, is something I am shit at.

Favourites to go up in the league though

Their players must be absolutely doggo!?

52 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Their players must be absolutely doggo!?

Strangely not but it is a very thin squad with not much experience. I know right now they are top of the 2nd division in real life and storming that after promotion, not sure if there's a bit of money at the club that football manager doesn't know about, I have nothing. Obviously as I am in early 2016 on the game I have read they were relegated in 2015.

..or are you on about the players I have been up against lollol

On 6/14/2017 at 12:27, Lovejoy said:

Easing him in now, Everton want Pizarro, he's 37 with contract ending in the summer, so I'm pushing to get £500k in January before the window opens. I've tried playing Max Kruse up top but he's not prolific as yet, so I may just bite the bullet and give Eggestein the time to develop by playing every week. His brother, Maximillian, is proving a useful backup to Grillitsch in midfield as well.

Been a slowish start to the season, I'm 10th after 11 games. Horribly unpredictable, I've drawn with Bayern, won 4-1 at Schalke, but also lost to Ingolstadt, Darmstadt and Augsburg. Maximillian Philip is joining in January which should freshen things up, but I need to find a real cutting edge.

Not a bad finish to the first season as Werder. After a dismal run after the winter break I recovered to salvage 9th place in the league, but weirdly smashed my way to winning the Pokal, scoring 22 goals and conceding just one en route. European football is a pleasing achievement, though I have just spunked all of my £10m transfer budget on turning Zieler's loan permanent lol. I have a few to move on that I think will generate between £10-20m in revenue, but I only see 80% of that. Debating moving Max Kruse on as well after an underwhelming season as he's 29 and would fetch £15m.

Best player by a country mile is Zlatko Januzovic, top scorer as a BBM doesn't look great for the rest of the team but his average rating of 7.5 for the season tells it's own story.

I got FM2015 and really struggle to play it as I get bored - teams have no money, transfer windows so short, game takes forever to play. I used to love the old CM games. Am I missing something or is there a way to enjoy this game?!

On 6/19/2017 at 22:53, toddybad said:

I got FM2015 and really struggle to play it as I get bored - teams have no money, transfer windows so short, game takes forever to play. I used to love the old CM games. Am I missing something or is there a way to enjoy this game?!

I think there's a way to play "Classic Mode" a stripped-back version of the game, which doesn't feature a lot of the superfluous nonsense some people find off-putting. It's much more akin to the old CMs. 

If you want to play the full game, I think it's best with a second or third division team and seeing how far you can take them. I never start a save as a "big club," with unlimited resources. Winning everything constantly quickly gets boring. I find I get most enjoyment each year out of taking over a 'sleeping giant' and aiming to take them back to glory.

16 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I think there's a way to play "Classic Mode" a stripped-back version of the game, which doesn't feature a lot of the superfluous nonsense some people find off-putting. It's much more akin to the old CMs. 

If you want to play the full game, I think it's best with a second or third division team and seeing how far you can take them. I never start a save as a "big club," with unlimited resources. Winning everything constantly quickly gets boring. I find I get most enjoyment each year out of taking over a 'sleeping giant' and aiming to take them back to glory.

On paper I would enjoy that ut I think it's the long slog between transfer windows that does for me. It's made the games really boring - transfers were always the most exciting bit!

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 14:30, Beliall said:

Starting a new game, made my nightmare avatar , downloaded the lower leagues and am going to try and start with my local semi pro side Newhaven town.

59BC2A0C87879E7E5769B32A8D558FCBD20336B7 (1920×1080)

Where is the best place to download the lower leagues from? Want to do it and did it on FM15 but can't seem to find a decent one this year.

Archived