Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

On 3/28/2017 at 13:29, RoboFox said:

If you download Steam client on your Mac, it should allow you to re-download FM at no extra cost.

I play mine on my MacBook Pro, it works perfectly. There's no difference in the PC / Mac versions to my knowledge bar the obvious basic operating system differences like button commands, etc

...and the general superior stability that a Mac offers over a PC :ph34r:

*lights fuse and runs away*

I have been able to transfer straight to Mac at no extra cost, good to know.

Don't know if you can help though @RoboFox, I can't get the faces megapack working. I've done Kits, Logos and "Real name fix" easily, but the faces won't work at all. Downloaded it three times as well because I'm fairly sure it's not extracting all of the faceslol, I only get 32,000 items which I'm fairly sure is nowhere near the whole pack (80,000 if memory serves correctly).

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

I have been able to transfer straight to Mac at no extra cost, good to know.

Don't know if you can help though @RoboFox, I can't get the faces megapack working. I've done Kits, Logos and "Real name fix" easily, but the faces won't work at all. Downloaded it three times as well because I'm fairly sure it's not extracting all of the faceslol, I only get 32,000 items which I'm fairly sure is nowhere near the whole pack (80,000 if memory serves correctly).

Sorry pal, I do the kits, logos and real names but I disable the player photos. 

I don't like them. Probably stems from being an old-school Championship Manager traditionalist! 

Have you tried clearing the cache and reloading the skins in options?

The MLS is infuriating.

All the players you want are playing in the MLS and you can't buy them with actual transfer funds so you are left looking abroad for US players or players good enough to take up an international spot.

It's an interesting way to play but a bloody nightmare. I still don't understand how it lets you give a player a designate contract or a normal one either. It's mad.

5 hours ago, Ozwin said:

The MLS is infuriating.

All the players you want are playing in the MLS and you can't buy them with actual transfer funds so you are left looking abroad for US players or players good enough to take up an international spot.

It's an interesting way to play but a bloody nightmare. I still don't understand how it lets you give a player a designate contract or a normal one either. It's mad.

Designated contract means you can pay any wage you like but it only counts towards $6000 of the wage cap, you can only have 3 players on designated and one youth designated.

You can buy down another players wage cap by using funds (doing this from memory) in the contract options to give you more room to work.

Any specific questions keep asking, I managed there for 3 seasons and it took me that long to learn it

8 hours ago, Worthington said:

Has anyone here ever tried a Bilbao 'career'. Have recently 'acquired' 6-12 months off work healthwise and want something to fill in the hours whilst recuperating. Quite fancy trying Athletic in the Spanish league, but only if the 'Basque only' conditions apply in the game!

They have done in previous editions of FM, i don't see why this one would be any different. Very challenging!

On 4/9/2017 at 22:28, Worthington said:

Has anyone here ever tried a Bilbao 'career'. Have recently 'acquired' 6-12 months off work healthwise and want something to fill in the hours whilst recuperating. Quite fancy trying Athletic in the Spanish league, but only if the 'Basque only' conditions apply in the game!

One of my favourite saves was with Athletic Club on FM14. I won the league in my second season and managed to poach Griezmann from bitter rivals Sociedad. Only lasted four seasons if memory serves and never won the Champions League, but was a really great challenge developing the youth players.

10 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Anyone finding that all the players they have tutored by a senior squad member get disheartened? Only seems to be since the update, maybe it's just me lol.

stop letting dennis wise train them

On 09/04/2017 at 22:28, Worthington said:

I had a fantastic save with Athletic on FM15. The game makes it a bit easier for you and limits the players in the Player Search function to only Basque ones.

You usually have a decent budget, but it's an effort to get the top players to come (e.g. Griezmann, Inigo Martinez, Javi Martinez) so you really have to trawl your B and C squads for potential, re-train players for different positions. A much different experience to any other club

On 21/03/2017 at 13:10, The Doctor said:

Got the brexit email last night-  no work permits after the end of the season I'm in (18/19). So, if I were to go mad with precontracts for young players on the continent in the January window (So, harvesting the youth squads) to join in the summer would I still get them?

I got the "hard" Brexit email stating that all EU players will now need a work permit to play in the UK. How does this affect existing players at my club. Are they ok to continue until the end of their current contract?

32 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I got the "hard" Brexit email stating that all EU players will now need a work permit to play in the UK. How does this affect existing players at my club. Are they ok to continue until the end of their current contract?

Yeah current players are ok because they already work in the Uk

22 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Yeah current players are ok because they already work in the Uk

Thought as much. Guess I need to re-think my recruitment from now on! 

This is only on the mobile version, but I guess the principles are the same.

Do EU nationals have to be established international players in order to qualify for a work permit?

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Thought as much. Guess I need to re-think my recruitment from now on! 

This is only on the mobile version, but I guess the principles are the same.

Do EU nationals have to be established international players in order to qualify for a work permit?

Yeah - they'll be under same rules as rotw players - 75% of games in the last two years for a nation in the top 70 of the world rankings

27 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah - they'll be under same rules as rotw players - 75% of games in the last two years for a nation in the top 70 of the world rankings

That's a bit of a game changer then!

Wonder if there is a chance that could happen in real life, and if so, would it be beneficial for England I wonder?

35 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

That's a bit of a game changer then!

Wonder if there is a chance that could happen in real life, and if so, would it be beneficial for England I wonder?

It's highly unlikely to change in real life.

The Premier League is a multi billion pound super industry.

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's highly unlikely to change in real life.

The Premier League is a multi billion pound super industry.

Yeah that was my impression and I don't want to get into a massive political argument over Brexit on this thread (that can/has been done elsewhere). 

Just was wondering how the PL would look and the effect on it if it did pan out as it does in the game?

Best start harvesting British youngsters from my youth team!

On 2017-4-1 at 10:02, Fox92 said:

After three years of building I finally won League Two with Bristol Rovers. Want to have a go at the League One play offs next season.

lol .... Won League One in my first season there.

Back to back title's. Superb stuff.

I’m really enjoying my latest save on the “full fat” version of FM. I intended to make it a Leicester save put things went pear shaped early on with a 7-0 defeat to Arsenal, a 3-0 pasting by Celtic in the first CL game and a devastating 3-2 loss at home to Swansea after being 2-0 up. I decided to jump before I was pushed and left after just a couple of months in charge.

The first job that became available was Dover Athletic and so that’s how I ended up there. They were struggling at the bottom of the Conference, but they’d got some decent young players and a couple of old pros. We went on a great run which culminated in promotion via the play offs to the football league for the first time with a splendid 3-0 win against Forest Green Rovers at Wembley.

The first season in League Two has been amazing. I’m now on a long unbeaten run on 30 odd games (if you don’t count the Checkatrade Trophy defeat to Watford) stretching back to the middle of the promotion season and top of League Two despite being heavily tipped to be relegated. My free transfer journeyman captain – Steven Schumacher (formerly of Everton) is playing  a blinder but my exploits in the EFL cup have been brilliant (possibly helped by a favourable draw):

First round – beat Ipswich at the Crabble in Dover’s first ever League Cup  tie

Second round – edged out Barnet away

Third round – fortunate to draw Eastleigh and won 3-1

Fourth round – stuffed Norwich 3-1 at Carrow Road

Quarter Final – due to play Villa (away) – and I fancy my chances of a another shock

The club turned professional on promotion and I have been steadily expanding the coaching / medical teams.

Money is very tight but hoping the cup run will give me some funds!

Archived