Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

How come opposition whack the ball up long over my centre backs and their striker gets on the end of it to score?? How can I stop this consistently happening!

I have got promoted to quick so I'm in the Championship with Bristol Rovers and most of my players are League One standard but ffs last two games I've been the better side (3 or 4 clear cut chances), not scored, and then they kick it long and score. 

What mentality are you playing on? What defensive line height are you playing on?

Just now, Wookie said:

What mentality are you playing on? What defensive line height are you playing on?

Usually start attacking with flexible if at home and counter with flexible (sometimes structured) if away.

My line height is just normal - average  or whatever it's called. I try to drop deep against long ball teams but not sure if I should be going the other way and pushing up.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Usually start attacking with flexible if at home and counter with flexible (sometimes structured) if away.

My line height is just normal - average  or whatever it's called. I try to drop deep against long ball teams but not sure if I should be going the other way and pushing up.

Attacking mentality has a naturally high line, you're better off dropping mentality rather than adjusting line height as it keeps your side compact rather than having a big gap appearing between midfield and defense.

I seem to remember when windows 8 came out there was a touch update to that years edition. So i would assume so.

Googling reveals FM touch is optimised for tablets, So yeah that would have touch control but its the diet version of the game. Cant see anything conclusive on the fuull fat version

Well .... wtf

I save on steam cloud always .... just loaded it up and I'm back in pre season ?? (I was in January).

So confused. I've just lost half a season. Is there somewhere it saves local too?

My West Ham side are through to the last 8 of the Europa League and have drawn Feyenoord, so a very winnable tie. Switching to a midfield 3 has put us on a 7 game winning run. 

Leicester are 17th and have backed Ranieri. They're the only English team left in the Champions League and have drawn Atletico in the quarters lol 

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 16:32, pds said:

I've done alright on this version but my latest save is a complete car crash.

Started as Rangers and was sacked in November languishing 6th in the SPL. I then got the Aston Villa job (who were 16th in the Championship). By March I have managed to drag them down to 22nd despite January signing Leonardo Ulloa scoring 8 goals already.

The board then imposed a target of 12 points from the next 5 games to save my job. Beat Rotherham 6-2 but then lost the next two meaning I have lost 2 jobs in less than a season.

In summary, I'm rubbish at this game.

I've managed to salvage some sort of reputation by dropping down to League 2 and getting a struggling Doncaster promoted in my second season. The job offers from Championship clubs are now flooding in.

My strike partnership of Chris Long and Liam Mandeville is silly, 71 goals between them in the season.

Man City were in the bottom 3 in March on my game. Was thinking... surely not. Ended up right. They've won 5 on the bounce and will now likely finish in the top half. Would've been great if they'd dropped.

There it is. Managed to pip PSG to the title on the last day of the 2019/20 season after Lyon did me a favour and beat them away from home.

Was worth rinsing my wage budget to sign Corentin Jean on a free from Monaco and a 34 y/o Cabaye from a relegated Palace side (even had to get Palace to agree to pay 40% of his wages)

Both completely transformed my team... Unreal stats.

Jean scored 36 in 48 appearances in all competitions as a lone striker.  

Cabaye's an absolute assist monster.

a4af5u.png

On 5/16/2017 at 19:21, RonnieTodger said:

My West Ham side on a bit of a goal drought and then win 7-0 away at Red Star in Europa League last 32. Played a weak team and tried out a new formation winning 4-1 in the second. Got Monchengladbach in the last 16. 

And we're in the final! beat Feyenoord and Ajax after despite countless injuries. Trying to rest players in the league a la Mourinho, but we've got United in the final :(

Me and a mate have both started a save as Dynamo Dresden. Planning to run in parallel and see how we each get on. Lost my first game 3-1 to Furth, squad isn't brilliant and I've been beaten to every target so far apart from Kevin Kuranyi, signed on a free to keep the bench warm.

On 5/30/2017 at 13:35, RonnieTodger said:

And we're in the final! beat Feyenoord and Ajax after despite countless injuries. Trying to rest players in the league a la Mourinho, but we've got United in the final :(

Lost 3-1. Was 3-0 down after 10 minutes lol, what an anti-climax. 

Made a huge profit and have £44m to spend next year however.

My Jouneyman save accidently turned into a Pentagon Challenge.

Won the North American Champions League with Real Salt Lake City (First MLS side ever to win it yo) and got offered the Flamengo job. So I'm going to try and win it there and see if I can get something in Africa or Asia before trying my luck in Europe. 

I'll probably end up giving up before I do it but Flamengo aren't a bad side to make a push with and if I do it with them I'm well and truly on my way.

1 hour ago, Ozwin said:

My Jouneyman save accidently turned into a Pentagon Challenge.

Won the North American Champions League with Real Salt Lake City (First MLS side ever to win it yo) and got offered the Flamengo job. So I'm going to try and win it there and see if I can get something in Africa or Asia before trying my luck in Europe. 

I'll probably end up giving up before I do it but Flamengo aren't a bad side to make a push with and if I do it with them I'm well and truly on my way.

Forgive me, Pentagon Challenge? What is this?

Start unemployed, win the Champions League in all five continents. 

I've never done it but my Flamengo side is unreal now. Broke the Brazilian transfer record twice in a transfer window buying a ball winning midfielder and the best goalkeeper in south america. 

Champions League here we come!

Going to be a step down going to Africa or Asia though, hopefully I can get a mega rich Chinese side to take me on.

2 hours ago, Ozwin said:

I've never done it but my Flamengo side is unreal now. Broke the Brazilian transfer record twice in a transfer window buying a ball winning midfielder and the best goalkeeper in south america. 

Going to be a step down going to Africa or Asia though, hopefully I can get a mega rich Chinese side to take me on.

Ah I get you now. So Africa, Asia, N.America, S.America & Europe? 

After consecutive title wins, I left Bristol Rovers (I left them 8th in the Championship and two points from the play offs) and moved to Everton. 

Same division as Everton somehow got relegated. They were mid table when I took over but I've got them to 3rd and we're within touching distance of first. Still got Lukaku and he's only 29 lol Already scored 22 goals and it's only just gone past Jan lol 

21 hours ago, Ozwin said:

I've just started unemployed, this would take me a fair while though. I've accepted the Peterbrough job in January with them 16th, target is playoffs. 11 points off with 20 to play. Turned down Willem II for it, they are winless in 19 in Holland and the goal is mid-table lol.

Just bought this as I'm back home for the summer after first year of Uni. Just started a Leverkusen save as they've got quite a few young players I wanted to use. Not given me much to work with in this first transfer window.

26 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Just bought this as I'm back home for the summer after first year of Uni. Just started a Leverkusen save as they've got quite a few young players I wanted to use. Not given me much to work with in this first transfer window.

Did a Leverkusen save in FM14. 

Was my most enjoyable save to date 

Good choice!

Is it a struggle to keep hold of Hernàndez early on? 

54 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Did a Leverkusen save in FM14. 

Was my most enjoyable save to date 

Good choice!

Is it a struggle to keep hold of Hernàndez early on? 

No one was interested in him in the first transfer window which was nice.

Archived