Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

41 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Do I don't I start a new game with Atletico or carry on with my current save

La liga is one of the best leagues to play in because no matter how strong you get,  Barça and real are always going to compete with you.

Still, I think you'll get bored of an atletico save fairly early.

Instead of starting with clubs that play "like us", try taking over some random shit club and imposing "our" style on them to build your legacy.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

La liga is one of the best leagues to play in because no matter how strong you get,  Barça and real are always going to compete with you.

Still, I think you'll get bored of an atletico save fairly early.

Instead of starting with clubs that play "like us", try taking over some random shit club and imposing "our" style on them to build your legacy.

I like that, any suggestions finners

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I like that, any suggestions finners

Real Betis are a big club traditionally that play in a huge 50k stadium but they've got a very mediocre squad and slightly poor finances.

Build the squad around Dani Cabellos, he's got world class potential and a good starting current ability.

It'll be hard though.

Valencia is difficult because you almost certainly WILL fail FFP in the first year but it's another massive sleeping giant with a massive stadium and a huge 70000 stadium move in the pipe line if you can wait. Squad is very average.

Celta Vigo start with an okay squad, you can probably push on and aim for top four after which money will come.

Sacked off the idea of Dortmund and have started with Malmo. No European competition in the first season and I have a big squad capable of dominating the league. End goal is to win the Champions League. With a current overall wage budget of £75k p/w and a maximum allowed wage of £1,500 p/w, there's a fair way to go lol. Plenty of good youngsters though and the club is sitting on £44m in the bank weirdly enough.

Carrying on from this I decided on a Spanish save last week and plumped for Real Sociedad or whatevs they're named on the actual game. They have a half way decent squad and have quickly picked up the nack of my counter attacking with a fast transition football. William Jose has been a revelation playing the F9 or as a complete forward. The young lad Oryazabal is a phenomenal player whose only going to get better. Carlos Vela is a beast although an unhappy one as I declined a transfer offer from spurs for 18 million. He's not going anywhere unless they meet his clause.

Had to strengthen the back line buy bringing in peruzzi for 3 million and Arribas from La coruna for a further 3 million and he's getting the job done with an average rating of 7.40.

Curenlty sitting 3rd behind the two great ones but there's only for points in it and I have Real away as my penultimate game. Currently at the end of March. I'm hoping for a large investment with a top 4 finish to really push on. Made a few under 19 signings whom I'm hoping will develop under the correct guidance.

A good save so far but finding the use of B and C teams a little pants as player fitness becomes and issue for non regular starters. 

On 12/05/2017 at 16:32, pds said:

I've done alright on this version but my latest save is a complete car crash.

Started as Rangers and was sacked in November languishing 6th in the SPL. I then got the Aston Villa job (who were 16th in the Championship). By March I have managed to drag them down to 22nd despite January signing Leonardo Ulloa scoring 8 goals already.

The board then imposed a target of 12 points from the next 5 games to save my job. Beat Rotherham 6-2 but then lost the next two meaning I have lost 2 jobs in less than a season.

In summary, I'm rubbish at this game.

:nigel:lol

On 5/14/2017 at 16:11, Walkers said:

Want to start a game with an Israeli or Norwegian club or something lol I never last long in a game though where i'm not 100% on what side to be

What about Hapoel Tel Aviv? Traditionally big Israeli club with dozens of trophies but are currently absolute muck. Or Dinamo Bucharest in Romania, something like that.

One of my favourite ever saves was when I took First Vienna in Austria to Europe, I love taking obscure teams on. Always found that there's only so often you can do the English pyramid.

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

What about Hapoel Tel Aviv? Traditionally big Israeli club with dozens of trophies but are currently absolute muck. Or Dinamo Bucharest in Romania, something like that.

One of my favourite ever saves was when I took First Vienna in Austria to Europe, I love taking obscure teams on. Always found that there's only so often you can do the English pyramid.

I haven't started a save in England since like FM13. I'm the same, i've done Rapid Bucharest in Romania when they were in the 2nd tier (fallen giant), took them up straight away and besides from a 2nd place finish in my 3rd season I was constantly mid-table.Transfer targets were saying they didn't want to move to a country like Romania (except put a little less bluntly lol) I did Dinamo Moscow this season since they're in the 2nd division, promoted then relegated then promoted, similar to Bucharest I think I had one very good season but I couldn't take them any further because really i'm just not very good lol

My latest game was Viktoria Zizkov in the Czech 2nd division. They have a few Czech FA Cups to their name but thats it. My mate who is better than me started a game with them too, I managed to get them promoted in the 1st season whereas my mate took 2. Much like the two games I mentioned I had one good season of finishing 4th or something and the rest was just a major struggle. I had a really good side but there's something I just don't understand with this game. About 5 seasons in my mate had won the top division and went unbeaten so that didn't sit well with me lol I left and joined Slovan Liberec who are a major step up in terms of status but were in the relegation zone. I kept them up but it was shit, I couldn't stay interested in the game. I always end up losing interest when I leave a side I managed for years and years. I'll take a look into Hapoel.

On another note Dnipro might be an interesting save on FM18 as it looks likely they'll be relegated. It's about time they added some extra European leagues on here, I want to manage somewhere even more obscure like Georgia or Malta or Albania

I did a save with Honved on this one. Was predicted to come 9th in the first season out of 12 and came 3rd, and ended up in the Europa League play-offs. I beat Partizan home & away which was a big upset given I was still effectively some mediocre Hungarian side who had over-achieved and they'd probably be around the top of the Championship with their squad, then sure enough I'm sent packing in the next round by ****ing Neman Grodno, who are basically another Honved but in Belarus. I ended up coming 4th that season and had no European football.

The whole idea for me was to try and really improve an obscure league, so where better than the once great Hungary? But it was just such an uphill task. I was looking out for other Hungarian sides in Europe and they were all absolutely useless. None of them even got close to the Europa League groups, which really irked me as Neman Grodno were beatable and so were the side they ended up against in the next round, when I'm hoping that a team from Hungary upsets the odds to improve the co-efficient slightly it's actually the Hungarian sides on the end of shock results, I swear Videoton got sent packing by someone like TNS.

In the third season I was top of a tight league going into January but I started losing my players for a pittance and I gave up in the end. It was pointless. I got quite a tidy side for that level together yet despite an OK-ish transfer budget, it's just so hard to attract anyone to the league. It was a constant cycle and it's so geared against a league like Hungary that it becomes a waste of time in the end. If there was one thing I could've done better it would've been simply to pick Ferencvaros but the league would've been a stroll and that gets boring in itself.

I'm Barnsley now. Got promoted in the third season. Came 10th in my first year following a brilliant run where I was actually 22nd in January. Sneaked into the play-offs on the final day in the second year, beat Sunderland but lost 3-1 to QPR in the final. Third year was ridiculous, I was floating around the top two all season, had a late run of form ready to pip the others to 2nd and just needed to beat Sunderland at home on the final day to do it. I was level on points with Hull who were 3rd and they had already champions Forest at home. I lost 0-1, Hull went 0-3 down by half time and I thought it was nearly a done deal, but Hull got two back quickly and I played through my game with Sunderland, hopelessly, praying that Hull didn't equalise. Full time at our game, no notification. Check the table, Hull equalised in the 93rd minute. I couldn't believe it. Binned into the play-offs, but ended up winning them fairly comfortably.

Fourth season I was 12 points clear of relegation with 6 games to go and ended up relying on a Newcastle win at Forest (payback for screwing us last year) to keep us up on goal difference. We totally capitulated late on but we stayed up. Predicted 20th again. Got £42mil to play with yet I've not really brought in anyone THAT great.

It's hard with Barnsley. Cannot work out how after surviving in the Premier League my club reputation is still only three stars. That's completely screwing us.

It's been a great save though. Really enjoyed this one.

6 hours ago, Walkers said:

I haven't started a save in England since like FM13. I'm the same, i've done Rapid Bucharest in Romania when they were in the 2nd tier (fallen giant), took them up straight away and besides from a 2nd place finish in my 3rd season I was constantly mid-table.Transfer targets were saying they didn't want to move to a country like Romania (except put a little less bluntly lol) I did Dinamo Moscow this season since they're in the 2nd division, promoted then relegated then promoted, similar to Bucharest I think I had one very good season but I couldn't take them any further because really i'm just not very good lol

My latest game was Viktoria Zizkov in the Czech 2nd division. They have a few Czech FA Cups to their name but thats it. My mate who is better than me started a game with them too, I managed to get them promoted in the 1st season whereas my mate took 2. Much like the two games I mentioned I had one good season of finishing 4th or something and the rest was just a major struggle. I had a really good side but there's something I just don't understand with this game. About 5 seasons in my mate had won the top division and went unbeaten so that didn't sit well with me lol I left and joined Slovan Liberec who are a major step up in terms of status but were in the relegation zone. I kept them up but it was shit, I couldn't stay interested in the game. I always end up losing interest when I leave a side I managed for years and years. I'll take a look into Hapoel.

On another note Dnipro might be an interesting save on FM18 as it looks likely they'll be relegated. It's about time they added some extra European leagues on here, I want to manage somewhere even more obscure like Georgia or Malta or Albania

Dnipro would be great in that tier, it's a shame the guy running things has effectively stopped investing anything into the club. I remember a save on FM12 where they were classed as "rich" and you could have a real go at Europe if you could upset Shakhtar / Kiev domestically.

Think Hapoel have actually been relegated in real life in all, they'll have doggo players but it could be an interesting nation to boot up!

13 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Dnipro would be great in that tier, it's a shame the guy running things has effectively stopped investing anything into the club. I remember a save on FM12 where they were classed as "rich" and you could have a real go at Europe if you could upset Shakhtar / Kiev domestically.

Think Hapoel have actually been relegated in real life in all, they'll have doggo players but it could be an interesting nation to boot up!

That might be the same game I managed them, they had Konoplyanka and Guiliano or somebody Brazilian.

Hapoel Tel Aviv looks cool, apparently a case of bad ownership led to their relegation. I'd like that on the next FM but if they're predicted to be shit on this years I might give them a go

Recently been on holiday to La Linea (near the Gibraltar border) so decided to start a career as the local team Linense in the Spanish second division b4. 

Somehow managed to win back to back promotions to La Liga on a pretty much non existent budget. Thought I was a certainty for relegation from La Liga with my £10m budget but amazingly I finished 4th! One place ahead of Real Madrid lol

Only signed two players for a fee. Rob Holding £6m and Iver Fossum  £3.5m. We don't score many goals but keep an incredible amount of clean sheets. Good challenging career for those of you that like to build a club up

It's getting to the point where i'm starting to get bored with this seasons edition, so i downloaded a European Super Cup Editor data pack at the weekend. Its incredibly challenging. The guy who made it has produced a massive league system, with promotion and relegation, including all the top teams in Europe. The teams in each division are so closely matched in terms of finances, squad quality, reputation etc. Leicester are in the top flight along with the likes of the madrid teams, barcelona, bayern, juventus, PSG, Bayern, Dortmund etc.

I'd definitely recommend it if you want a real challenge. One of the problems you have to face is a very very congested fixture schedule because they're all 24 team leagues, and there's also a massive club world cup and reconfigured champions league featuring around 100 teams. It means you have to keep your squad fresh with constant rotation so at least players are happier with their amount of game time.

I'm managing as Leicester and its incredibly tough! would be interesting to see if any of you lot have more success with it than i've had!

http://www.fmscout.com/a-european-super-league-fm17.html

I had quite an odd occurrence, Reading, higher reputation than me at the time, approached one of my U18 coaches about becoming their manager. His stats and history were nothing special. How has one of my mediocre youth coaches walked into a job better than mine? lol 

First season with Cov, 4th-10th a vast majority of the season come the last 6 game's the players completely bottled it and done a Spurs! 

A very young promising squad assembled with a couple of loans at the beginning of the season. Pressure got to them and finished a disapointing 13th! Fans/Board were happy though as we were predicated 17th. Rewarded with a new contract.

I'm enjoying this save though, there is potential in the squad. Finances are next to zero but looking to build a young team with lots of pace and passing ability! 

George Thomas is a great prospect as a False9. Bagged 27 goals. Too many 1-1 draws throughout though conceding late goals!  

I was getting a little bit bored with my season so decided to add a new manager and deliberately relegate Spurs:filbert_2:

Sold all of their best players for peanuts,  gave their average players 140k p/w contracts, and played all of thier players in the opposition half.

Finished with a goal difference of -332 and £102m in debt. Not that I'm petty or anything. Got sacked 3 times so had to keep doing it

Might do it to United next season or get Spurs to League one

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I was getting a little bit bored with my season so decided to add a new manager and deliberately relegate Spurs:filbert_2:

Sold all of their best players for peanuts,  gave their average players 140k p/w contracts, and played all of thier players in the opposition half.

Finished with a goal difference of -332 and £102m in debt. Not that I'm petty or anything. Got sacked 3 times so had to keep doing it

Might do it to United next season or get Spurs to League one

lollollol

Christ man.

How come opposition whack the ball up long over my centre backs and their striker gets on the end of it to score?? How can I stop this consistently happening!

I have got promoted to quick so I'm in the Championship with Bristol Rovers and most of my players are League One standard but ffs last two games I've been the better side (3 or 4 clear cut chances), not scored, and then they kick it long and score. 

Archived