Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

8 hours ago, Donut said:

Why do the makers of the game give Greece monstrous defenders with 19 and 20 for tackling marking heading etc?

Theyre massively over egged.

To be fair...Manolas, Sokratis and Papadopoulos are all great defenders.

Not worthy of world class stats, I agree. But they're all worthy of 15+ stats.

Right so I'm about 12 league games into my Sevilla save.

Had some horrible luck with injuries. Currently have the most injuries in the league so i'll need to look at fixing that somehow. Currently 5th. Behind the usual top 3 and Real Betis who have dropped points twice this season (W10, D1, L1). Barcelona are top having won all their games but one (We managed to come back from 2-0 down to draw at the Nou Camp :) ).

Samir Nasri is ripping it up. Currently on 9 goals from 12 games from CAM.

My trouble is that I draw too many games. Only lost once this season but I'm already miles off the title because I can't seem to take my chances (in fairness, Vasquez, Jovetic and Vitolo are injured at the mo).

All in all I'm enjoying it. The clubs finances are immaculate. I'm making profits every month.

Has anyone gone into administration in the game?

I'm doing well with Strasbourg and got them promoted, but I'm haemorrhaging cash. Despite filling a stadium of 27,000-odd every week, and trying to keep a tabs on wage spend, I haven't got a pot to p*ss in. Several million in debt and getting worse.

Looking good to qualify for Europe from Ligue 1 in the season despite being tipped to finish rock bottom which should bring in some cash.

I suppose that's the way it is in French football, though: Everyone bar PSG and Monaco and maybe l'OL and OM have absolutely no money.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What you CAN do though is fail FFP and then you do get chucked out the Champs League.

Wage budget increase one of those that get you chucked out by any chance?

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Wage budget increase one of those that get you chucked out by any chance?

The game doesn't care how you spend the money, just that you do.

If you make a £4m loss for the CL period, you'll not qualify. There's an FFP tab in finance to keep an eye out on.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

The game doesn't care how you spend the money, just that you do.

If you make a £4m loss for the CL period, you'll not qualify. There's an FFP tab in finance to keep an eye out on.

I'm red on Premier League and green on Champions League. See I think I've gave in to demands to easily. I spent more or less my whole transfer budget in the first Season on kids... 

Majority are being linked with bigger clubs and I've offered them more money to stay. 

Might try an international game to run alongside wimbledon.

Was thinking about trying to win the world cup with the socceroos.

Are they even in the game?

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Go on then, push your luck, try it. ;)

I probably won't get a CL spot this year anyway:(

I finished in 2nd in 2018/19 but I've already lost about the same amount of games this season anyway 

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm actually going to take Barnsley up in my 2nd season this is my proudest moment. We will walk the league. Think of the best team you've ever seen and then times it by two and it's my Barnsley side.

Oakwell will be rocking. Love it

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Oakwell will be rocking. Love it

In all seriousness only 5 games are gone.

But last season I had a pretty poor first half of season (22nd) as expected, but the second half of the season only Newcastle had better form than us.

The summer saw me bring back my key player from last year on loan (Armstrong) and I've added more depth to my squad. Largely kept it English as well which isn't like me.

Started on fire. Already won away at Brighton and Fulham, and beat Swansea at home 3-0, a Swansea side consisting of the bulk of their PL side including Sigurdsson.

I can see myself going up. No-one seems to have an answer to my formation, which is great as it's painfully basic.

I seem to struggle nowadays to find "the game" to play for 5, 6 seasons and really build a club.

Maybe because im just older and have less time, or im more impatient, or just that the game has become a lot harder, i dont know.

My wimbledon save is going great guns though. Pretty ridiculous competing with clubs like Villa whos wage budget is probably 30 times bigger than ours and were playing in front of crowds of 4,000.

The MLS is a nightmare.

So many ****ing drafts and rules. Players vanishing and all sorts. It's mad.

Took Real Salt Late from 4th bottom to 3rd in my first season though. Loving it.

Also, check out clubs ASEC Mimosas and Kano Pillars. I have somehow poached some absolute worldies from them. 

46 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Who has the 4-4-1-1 formation on here which is supposed to be good

I dont think you can plug and play tactics in this version. 

At lower levels find a striker whos as quick as possible and play passes into space. Defenders cant handle it

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

Who has the 4-4-1-1 formation on here which is supposed to be good

I have a 4-1-4-1 that's doing well in la liga. But i have had to develop a new formation for every club I managed in this save. Not sure it will work for you but I can uploaad it to the steam workshop if you want.

On 29/03/2017 at 16:28, RoboFox said:

Has anyone gone into administration in the game?

I'm doing well with Strasbourg and got them promoted, but I'm haemorrhaging cash. Despite filling a stadium of 27,000-odd every week, and trying to keep a tabs on wage spend, I haven't got a pot to p*ss in. Several million in debt and getting worse.

Whilst not relevant to this thread, I will always remember the time my brother did a crash and burn career with Rushden and Diamonds. It was near to the real thing. He spent millions and millions to reach the Championship. He was on the edge of the playoffs, then went bump and got points deducted. Bids accepted left and right for his players, in a bid to stay up his back four's ages went 16, 17 to 36 and 37!

Archived