Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

I mix them up a bit depending on the opponent. In the trickier games I sometimes go with Retain Possession and get rid of the 'be more expressive'. And switch between standard and control depending on the opponent too. I like to do some game management in the second half if I'm winning by switching to counter/defensive to see the game out which tends to work.

Just now, Ian W LCFC said:

I mix them up a bit depending on the opponent. In the trickier games I sometimes go with Retain Possession and get rid of the 'be more expressive'. And switch between standard and control depending on the opponent too. I like to do some game management in the second half if I'm winning by switching to counter/defensive to see the game out which tends to work.

I'm looking at starting a new save, i'm currently Ajax and its gone a bit stale, Leverkusen have some top wonderkids so might give them a go!

2 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

I'm looking at starting a new save, i'm currently Ajax and its gone a bit stale, Leverkusen have some top wonderkids so might give them a go!

It's been good fun so far, such a young and exciting squad.

I signed that Joel Pohjanpalo from Leverkusen for my Bristol City save. Did well in the Championship for me considering I was regularly rotating between him and Tammy Abraham (I've extended his loan for 2 extra seasons now).

The start of my PL season is going badly, 1 point from 9. I'm also about to take charge of my first England match which could be interesting. I may look for different tactics to use for that.

Getting a bit worried here. Lost 5-0 at Spurs last night. That's twice in four games we've completely crumbled. I've kept clean sheets in two thirds of my games but I'm still prone to the odd howler.

I've got a good run in though.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Getting a bit worried here. Lost 5-0 at Spurs last night. That's twice in four games we've completely crumbled. I've kept clean sheets in two thirds of my games but I'm still prone to the odd howler.

I've got a good run in though.

Who you playing as mate?

1 minute ago, Turbogre said:

Who you playing as mate?

Leicester. Posts further up detail what's happened. Man Utd have walked the league already and with about 11 games to go, I sit 2nd.

It's Champions League I want, and preferably 2nd or 3rd as I just know I'd go and run into someone I always blow it against like Shakhtar or Porto in the qualifier.

Spurs are 5th and went into that 9 behind me. If I'd sneaked another 0-1 it'd have been a done deal I reckon.

I'll post the table up later. It's genuinely funny how one sided it is. Man Utd are 6 clear of me at the top with 5 games in hand lol 

EA ans Sports Interactive definitely know their audience.

It's incredible how good an incredibly average Manchester United are on both leading football games this year.

I've a successful Valencia save I've basically given up on because I've got gotten to enough seasons in that anything other than a treble and unbeaten league season is a failure. But every year the Champions League final is basically Valencia vs United. They're ridiculous. Not only are their players already over rated but, unlike real life, they're perfect in the transfer market and every player wants to play for them.

FIFA is even worse. Pogba, Martial, Smalling and Bailley are literally the best players in the world. Nuts.

I knocked Man Utd out of the cup lol beat them 2-1, we were brilliant.

Then gone and knocked Arsenal out in the quarters.

The semis, well it's the best chance I'll ever have of winning a trophy. I have Norwich in the semi final and the other is Wolves v Bristol City, Wolves are really struggling in the PL and Bristol City are 8th in the Championship.

I've got a shocking record in semi finals though and I can see Norwich beating me. They're always over-rated on FM as well.

I'd give myself about a 60% chance of making the top four. I should but the fixture scheduling is that bollocks that my last three games are all away.

Why the hell do you have a three week gap in March/April on this also? It's like an extended international break.

I'm guessing 16 had a fairly significant patch sometime during the season:  I've just convinced Morgan to sack his agent for bothering me with contract demands lol  Swear that was never a thing before.

Biggest bottlejob in FM history. You've got that League Cup debacle up the page, lost the FA Cup semi final to Norwich, slipped to 5th on the final day.

How on earth have we ended up with just a Europa League place. ****ing disgraceful.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Biggest bottlejob in FM history. You've got that League Cup debacle up the page, lost the FA Cup semi final to Norwich, slipped to 5th on the final day.

How on earth have we ended up with just a Europa League place. ****ing disgraceful.

mate you've always been a bit Wenger at this lol 

I don't get it. I concede from crosses all the time - at least two a game. Every goal I concede - or at least 90% - are just players running to the touchline crossing and an opposition forward having better movement than my centre half to score. Both are defensive full backs too.

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What shape and tempo are you playing ? (wide, narrow, normal... Counter, standard, attacking etc.) 

Fairly wide. 

Counter / attaching depending on who I play.

Tempo usually normal unless I'm losing in which I get it up high.

Abything I do I just concede from crosses. Even if I play a defensive winger. I want to have a DM but don't want to lose a striker.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I don't get it. I concede from crosses all the time - at least two a game. Every goal I concede - or at least 90% - are just players running to the touchline crossing and an opposition forward having better movement than my centre half to score. Both are defensive full backs too.

Their opposition wingers are getting too much space, defensive full backs would make it worse because they're deeper and leave more space ahead of them.

I've had a decent go as Werder Bremen. Pokal in the first season and Champions League qualification in the second. Aided by the sales of Zlatko Junuzovic (£24m) and Maximillian Phillip (£25m) to Leipzig, my team going into season three looks decent.

GK: Predrag Rajkovic

DEF: Sylvain Widmer, Andreas Christensen, Jairo Riedwald, Ulisses Garcia

CM: Jack Wilshere, Thomas Delaney, Charles Aranguiz

FW: Yannick Carrasco, Johannes Eggestein, Serge Gnabry

Getting a bit restless though. Could be tempted by Portsmouth.

13 minutes ago, Soundman said:

When are they going to do FM and FIFA combo 

Never.

BUT EA could do all of us who like both management sims and actually playing the game a favour and develop Career Mode for once, instead of just leaving it to stagnate, year after year with barely any gameplay or feature updates. But of course they'd focus on FUT, since it makes them a f**k-load of money. C**ts.

Archived