Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Simpson

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, dominicmsb said:

Well it shows he tracks back I guess to be taken on.. he just can't tackle to save a life.

I was looking at it as getting beaten further up the pitch, around half way, which has happened a hell of a lot. You're right though, he can't tackle for sh*t, just dangles a foot. Anyway, let's not make this about Mahrez. Fact it, Simpson is very solid for us. Very good player.

20 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

I was looking at it as getting beaten further up the pitch, around half way, which has happened a hell of a lot. You're right though, he can't tackle for sh*t, just dangles a foot. Anyway, let's not make this about Mahrez. Fact it, Simpson is very solid for us. Very good player.

Very good defender, not player. 

Simpson deserves better, even in his own thread he doesn't get the proper love. Why do we have to point other peoples "weaknesses" to highlight his defensive strength, especial with a stat that people can use it against him. It's easy to say that many of the players that dribbled past him found it easier because simmo leaves acres of space that any player with decent pace can get past riyad.

:nigel:

I think Riyad picked up a booking in the last game for his only get stuck in tackle of the season.He is a bit like King covers space only bit harsh in King though.

Simmo does a very good job excellent on the back post headers.

36 minutes ago, the fox said:

Simpson deserves better, even in his own thread he doesn't get the proper love. Why do we have to point other peoples "weaknesses" to highlight his defensive strength, especial with a stat that people can use it against him. It's easy to say that many of the players that dribbled past him found it easier because simmo leaves acres of space that any player with decent pace can get past riyad.

:nigel:

now show us his attacking stats?lol

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

now show us his attacking stats?lol

IMG_20170627_211914.thumb.jpg.933784efb2717001ee59634b0013b55d.jpg

But hey man, that's not his strength. Its not like some in this forum criticise mahrez for not being a workhorse, hard tackling wingback or anything... Oh wait:ph34r:

Even if he could attack I wouldn't want him getting forwards too often because it leaves huge space in the channel behind which then means that Huth and Morgan can be exposed and isolated. I'd rather he was better on the ball in deep situations like Fuchs but even so Simpson does what's expected of him almost faultlessly every game which is so valuable to us. 

Fans of other sides laugh at the suggestion of him being in the England squad but I'd take him to tournaments for games against the best sides, he's better suited suited to defending deeper than Walker.

5 hours ago, Wookie said:

Even if he could attack I wouldn't want him getting forwards too often because it leaves huge space in the channel behind which then means that Huth and Morgan can be exposed and isolated. I'd rather he was better on the ball in deep situations like Fuchs but even so Simpson does what's expected of him almost faultlessly every game which is so valuable to us. 

Fans of other sides laugh at the suggestion of him being in the England squad but I'd take him to tournaments for games against the best sides, he's better suited suited to defending deeper than Walker.

England always have more of the ball meaning Simpson would be useless unfortuanlty. 

Archived