Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

UFC ...

• 1 month later...

Being reported that Mcgregor will be out for up to a year with his injury. Given how far behind Poirier he looked in both fights this year I really don't see him coming back, especially at lightweight. A money spinning third fight with Diaz is the only thing he's got going for him UFC wise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gubbins said:

Being reported that Mcgregor will be out for up to a year with his injury. Given how far behind Poirier he looked in both fights this year I really don't see him coming back, especially at lightweight. A money spinning third fight with Diaz is the only thing he's got going for him UFC wise.

Other than ego, why would he even want to go back? He's totally finished. He can earn 10s of millions 'boxing' YouTubers and still have both legs at the end of it. 

28 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

Other than ego, why would he even want to go back? He's totally finished. He can earn 10s of millions 'boxing' YouTubers and still have both legs at the end of it. 

You can ask that about all his fights after Alvarez tbf, man clearly wants the clout back but he's ****ed it

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You can ask that about all his fights after Alvarez tbf, man clearly wants the clout back but he's ****ed it

Absolutely, once these guys who have dominated for a long period get broken down, virtually to a man, they're never the same again. It's mental as much as anything.  

1 hour ago, SexyGammonFox said:

Absolutely, once these guys who have dominated for a long period get broken down, virtually to a man, they're never the same again. It's mental as much as anything.  

Yeah like this is completely self inflicted, I think also McGregor's experience as a lightweight was quite minimal anyway for that to be the weight he rested at as he basically wasted his prime getting ****ed up and living the life certainly didn't help.

• 2 months later...

Some great fights at 266 last night. Dvalishvilis mad comeback, the slightly weird lawler and diaz rematch and an insane performance from volkanovski in the headliner. Thought he was done twice in round 3. God knows how he survived. 

Edited by Gubbins

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest BlueBrett

turned into a really close fight actually. feel like Adesanya edged the majority of the rounds but you can never rely on the judges to see it the same way. very interested to see these cards

On 13/02/2022 at 05:54, BlueBrett said:

turned into a really close fight actually. feel like Adesanya edged the majority of the rounds but you can never rely on the judges to see it the same way. very interested to see these cards

Personally thought whittaker edged it. Feel like they've not scored takedowns which is bizarre. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Street Judas is finished 

Nah, he's still a big draw because of his personality jist as the Diaz brothers always will be regardless of outcomes. He can't wrestle well though, it's the known blueprint to beat him. Best thing they can do for him is keep matching him with strikers. Masvidal Leon Edwards needs to happen at some point. 

Colby is an absolute beast though. Let's not forget how good he is. 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Nah, he's still a big draw because of his personality jist as the Diaz brothers always will be regardless of outcomes. He can't wrestle well though, it's the known blueprint to beat him. Best thing they can do for him is keep matching him with strikers. Masvidal Leon Edwards needs to happen at some point. 

Oh he's a draw, but he's nowhere near the level he's been put at. I think it's all about chasing the bag now, might as well have the second fight with Nate I think Leon would do him.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Street Judas is finished 

31 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

he’s revealing himself to be similar to McGregcor - limited ability and it’s really just his mouth that’s getting him fights now…

Just now, MPH said:

he’s revealing himself to be similar to McGregcor - limited ability and it’s really just his mouth that’s getting him fights now…

Nah McGregors rise was impressive, Masivdal was a complete journeyman, knocked out the little fake prospect in Till, got the flying knee against Askren and was shot into that spot with the Diaz rub. 

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Nah McGregors rise was impressive, Masivdal was a complete journeyman, knocked out the little fake prospect in Till, got the flying knee against Askren and was shot into that spot with the Diaz rub. 

Yeah fair point about their rise.  I’m just trying to understand HOW Masvidal keeps getting these big fights and I can only assume it’s because he runs his mouth.

32 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Oh he's a draw, but he's nowhere near the level he's been put at. I think it's all about chasing the bag now, might as well have the second fight with Nate I think Leon would do him.

Ah yeah, Edwards wins that fight all day imo. 

You can't discount Masvidals striking ability though. He's very very good on the feet. It a shame he came to the realisation about his career so late into it. I dont see a way back to the belt for him so just stick him in big draw matches with people willing to stand and trade. 

I think nate finishes it though :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Yeah fair point about their rise.  I’m just trying to understand HOW Masvidal keeps getting these big fights and I can only assume it’s because he runs his mouth.

He was pretty much a journeyman who was too afraid of losing to go out and try to win. His rise has come partly because of his personality and partly because he went out there intending to end every fight. 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

He was pretty much a journeyman who was too afraid of losing to go out and try to win. His rise has come partly because of his personality and partly because he went out there intending to end every fight. 

to be fair I’d cook up some serious insults too and run my mouth like a madman for $500k aswell

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think this was his last in terms of an actual fight with an elite talent. This fight had a personal grudge on it as well, but he has made his name, partly due to some charisma and how good the UFC PR machine is. 

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Ah yeah, Edwards wins that fight all day imo. 

You can't discount Masvidals striking ability though. He's very very good on the feet. It a shame he came to the realisation about his career so late into it. I dont see a way back to the belt for him so just stick him in big draw matches with people willing to stand and trade. 

I think nate finishes it though :ph34r:

Edwards is waiting for Usman now as well isn't he? I think Jorge probably would've wanted a bit of a more balanced fight and done a sequel with Colby tbf cause they're both a bit lost now unless Porier steps up for Colby.

I think Nate is done tbh, that first fight and the build up was an utter cringefest I'd like to think they'd want to write it off with a decent showing.