Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

UFC ...

26 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think this was his last in terms of an actual fight with an elite talent. This fight had a personal grudge on it as well, but he has made his name, partly due to some charisma and how good the UFC PR machine is. 

Edwards is waiting for Usman now as well isn't he? I think Jorge probably would've wanted a bit of a more balanced fight and done a sequel with Colby tbf cause they're both a bit lost now unless Porier steps up for Colby.

I think Nate is done tbh, that first fight and the build up was an utter cringefest I'd like to think they'd want to write it off with a decent showing. 

In fairness masvidal is arguably the second biggest draw in the sport. Only real rival to that is anyone named Diaz. Masvidals star is alot more likely to fade than a Diaz though. Nate and nick could never win a fight again and they'll still get the loudest pop in the room. 

Edwards will wait for usman yeah, but after that fight he's got his personal fued with Masvidal after the whole 3 peice and a soda incident. 

@MPHI too would talk mad shit if it made me that amount of money aswell lol Colby has been very intelligent in making his persona though. Even as tasteless as it is sometimes.

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

In fairness masvidal is arguably the second biggest draw in the sport. Only real rival to that is anyone named Diaz. Masvidals star is alot more likely to fade than a Diaz though. Nate and nick could never win a fight again and they'll still get the loudest pop in the room. 

Edwards will wait for usman yeah, but after that fight he's got his personal fued with Masvidal after the whole 3 peice and a soda incident. 

@MPHI too would talk mad shit if it made me that amount of money aswell lol Colby has been very intelligent in making his persona though. Even as tasteless as it is sometimes.

I think the star is beginning to fade because I don't think he quite chipped into the mainstream like Conor and Nate did.

I love Colby man, biggest heel in the business and he's just so brilliant lol

47 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think the star is beginning to fade because I don't think he quite chipped into the mainstream like Conor and Nate did.

I love Colby man, biggest heel in the business and he's just so brilliant lol

You only need to look at the comments on BT sports post to know how much people love masvidal regardless. Also just how many 'casuals' that brings who don't understand actual MMA and the ground game. 

Ah he's hilarious. The bad suits, MAGA hats, stumbling over his words all the time is brilliant. Starting every video with 'hello nerds and virgins'. He makes you think he's an idiot and probably gonna be crap but he's a beast. 

8 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You only need to look at the comments on BT sports post to know how much people love masvidal regardless. Also just how many 'casuals' that brings who don't understand actual MMA and the ground game. 

Ah he's hilarious. The bad suits, MAGA hats, stumbling over his words all the time is brilliant. Starting every video with 'hello nerds and virgins'. He makes you think he's an idiot and probably gonna be crap but he's a beast. 

Like i say I think that Nate role will be fine for him now, he's finished against top opponents but I think he can sell fights against binmen and potentially make people.

Even little stuff like the sponsors he picks like bang energy makes me think he puts a lot of effort into it as well lol , him and chael best characters in the game 

25 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Like i say I think that Nate role will be fine for him now, he's finished against top opponents but I think he can sell fights against binmen and potentially make people.

Even little stuff like the sponsors he picks like bang energy makes me think he puts a lot of effort into it as well lol , him and chael best characters in the game 

I think don't think Connor will draw the same anymore either. (He'll still do great). His gimmick just isn't unique anymore and he's stopped backing it up. Better off using him to try and builds stars. 

Yeah lol What he claims he actually said to Usman after their fight got me. He's alot smarter than he's given credit for. If I'm honest, he's so good you do have to wonder how legit his grudge with ATT fighters really is. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They need to keep him away from the top end of the division for as long as possible. 

he’s too entertaining. He doesn’t need to go with the big guys just yet. Let him gain a following, earn everyone some money and then everything can get serious.

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

he’s too entertaining. He doesn’t need to go with the big guys just yet. Let him gain a following, earn everyone some money and then everything can get serious.

That's kind of my point. His star potential decreases dramatically when he starts fighting the top 5/6 guys because who in there does he actually best? 

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm so glad you put it across this way because I ****ing love colby. I know he over steps the line alot. But you godda look at it as the character he is. He is hilarious. 

Colby needs the character as well tbf, his style is so impressive but it is dull. No chance he wouldn't have got the opportunities he has without tapping into the character. Seems like a genuinely good bloke too 

18 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Colby needs the character as well tbf, his style is so impressive but it is dull. No chance he wouldn't have got the opportunities he has without tapping into the character. Seems like a genuinely good bloke too 

It depend who he's fighting. His fight vs lawyer and both usman fights imo show how entertaining he really is. I get the casual market don't like the ground game. But then they're so uneducated if they realised the sport they actually enjoy is kick boxing it would be a much simpler world. 

8 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It depend who he's fighting. His fight vs lawyer and both usman fights imo show how entertaining he really is. I get the casual market don't like the ground game. But then they're so uneducated if they realised the sport they actually enjoy is kick boxing it would be a much simpler world. 

Yeah the juiceman fights were insanely good, really hope we get a third even if usual logic dictates it shouldn't happen.