Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Roma or Lazio?

6 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Lazio had 2 players sent off and blew 2-1 lead at home to Inter Milan and lost 2-3 with Lazio finishing 5th and Inter Milan finished 4th :o

Read on Twitter the defender who gave away a penalty which Inter scored to make it 2-2 has signed a deal to join....Inter next season!

:surrender::whistle:

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Roma won 1-0 and finished 3rd

Lazio had 2 players sent off and blew 2-1 lead at home to Inter Milan and lost 2-3 with Lazio finishing 5th and Inter Milan finished 4th :o

I was there tonight, and it was only one Lazio player sent off - Lulic after a second yellow card.

What a shame for the home side.

Take the lead, allow Inter back in, then produce a fine display just before the break with a wonderful through ball by Lulic to Anderson...

Second half, Lazio went off the gas, legs got tired. Inter had a penalty shout disallowed by the use of VAR, then score regardless, Lulic is sent off, and Inter score the winner. All that in the space of five minutes!

I kept checking the Sassuolo - Roma score online, and Lazio were so to close overtaking them. Oh, well...

What a game. I wonder why Inzaghi took Immobile off, without replacing him with another striker... Made absolutely no sense, as Caicedo was available. Going 4-6-0 at home when 2-1 up against the rival in the race for 4th place!

Kudos to Inter and all the Inter fans spread across the Stadio Olimpico. In front of us, behind us and in masses in and near Curva Sud.

Also would like to say that it was surprisingly peaceful and orderly. Two queues to get in, but it all went rather smoothly.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Thanks 1

Also a bit angry at Sassuolo for allowing Roma to score such a freak goal, and that in the 46th minute, seconds away from the half-time whistle.

Check it out and take a look at the Sassuolo keeper‘s attempt at his near post... lol

Edited by MC Prussian

You would not want to be de Vrij going into that dressing room at full-time. Must have been a strain mentally to focus on that game yesterday knowing success on the night would ultimately tarnish his new club's campaign before  it's even begun. 

I just hope somebody can finally topple Juventus next season, Napoli have done fantastically well all season but since their win against their title rivals it has been fairly straightforward for Juve. I think Milan will come back stronger and Roma could even be up there with the right additions. 

Also fantastic for 90s nostalgia to see Parma back in the big time! 

Parma :wub:

AC Milan have had more false dawns over the last few years than almost any club in Europe, mind. I'll believe they're "on the way back" when I see them comfortably in the top four. 

It's a big ask. Serie A is a funny league because its a one horse race for first but 2nd to 6th is anybody's, several very good clubs all on a level. 

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Parma :wub:

AC Milan have had more false dawns over the last few years than almost any club in Europe, mind. I'll believe they're "on the way back" when I see them comfortably in the top four. 

It's a big ask. Serie A is a funny league because its a one horse race for first but 2nd to 6th is anybody's, several very good clubs all on a level. 

Yeah - I still struggle to see AC Milan challenging with Gatusso in charge, I know he went on that fantastic run but he doesn't strike me as a guy who is going to mastermind a title challenge. I'm sure I read something about them having an interest in Fellaini whom I think would be a real success in Serie A.

Absolutely, It's been great to see a resurgence in some of the big names this season domestically and in Europe too. Shame Lazio capitulated in their QF as it would have been a belter between them and Atletico, assuming they then went on to make the final. 

Lazio can blame themselves. 

Last weekend, they failed to beat now relegated Crotone. In fact it was De Vrij who was superb in that game keeping them in it at times. 

Serie A I’d say is the most entertaining league in Europe right now. Even teams like Sassuolo and Torino have stand out players 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Lazio can blame themselves. 

Last weekend, they failed to beat now relegated Crotone. In fact it was De Vrij who was superb in that game keeping them in it at times. 

Serie A I’d say is the most entertaining league in Europe right now. Even teams like Sassuolo and Torino have stand out players 

Up until I lost BT Sport, I'd watched more serie a over the last eighteen months than any other league, including the Prem. 

Have found it way more competitive, unpredictable and enjoyable than Spain, Germany or England on the whole. 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Up until I lost BT Sport, I'd watched more serie a over the last eighteen months than any other league, including the Prem. 

Have found it way more competitive, unpredictable and enjoyable than Spain, Germany or England on the whole. 

Am thinking of moving from them.

Have used them for a couple of years for broadband and television, but have noticed recently that some of the channels I receive sometimes freeze (particularly the sport, 4-- ones), blackout for a couple of seconds and come back on again - which can be frustrating despite paying quite a bit for them. Been told go get an engineer round to try and solve it but don't think that'll be effective cost-wise.

On 21/05/2018 at 19:59, Wymeswold fox said:

Am thinking of moving from them.

Have used them for a couple of years for broadband and television, but have noticed recently that some of the channels I receive sometimes freeze (particularly the sport, 4-- ones), blackout for a couple of seconds and come back on again - which can be frustrating despite paying quite a bit for them. Been told go get an engineer round to try and solve it but don't think that'll be effective cost-wise.

I’ve just moved from BT back to Virgin

much better generally and doesn’t freeze like BT does when the box overheats etc 

Guest MattP
On 20/05/2018 at 21:53, Finnegan said:

@MattP bit jealous if you're in Rome tonight bud.

You're probably bit disappointed by the score but not by the action I imagine! Great stuff. 

Be good to see Inter back in the Champions League. Probably be enough to keep Icardi there too. 

On 20/05/2018 at 21:53, Bob Weasel Fox said:

How was the game @MattP ?

Unfortunately I arrived about 30 minutes into the game thanks to a delayed flight so there was no chance of me getting to the match, very annoying but I'll go again, watched the last thirty minutes in a bar. Rome is magical though, one of my favourite cities, everything about it is great, the people, the food, the art, the history, the language (very, very easy to pick up), the wine - I felt so safe as well, didn't see a single bit of trouble from anybody in the whole week. The fact grown men can walk around with an ice cream just tops it off.

There is no love for Lazio mind lol I knew Roma fans were from the City in the main and Lazio from the surrounding area but didn't realise just how lobsided it was, no one had any Lazio merchandise apart from a small shop near the Vatican, everything is Roma.

I did a James Richardson every morning, big cappuchino and ice cream with my Gazetta Dello Sport.

Weird that it's so split, you expect certain neighbourhoods to be one or the other but still not 100% I guess. 

Might not be quite as partisan but like, when I lived in London you'd have Tottenham pubs and Arsenal pubs but there's still be obviously Arsenal fans living in and around the Tottenham area and visa versa. 

You expect the tourist traps and stuff in Rome to sell both. Mad. 

Guest MattP
17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Weird that it's so split, you expect certain neighbourhoods to be one or the other but still not 100% I guess. 

Might not be quite as partisan but like, when I lived in London you'd have Tottenham pubs and Arsenal pubs but there's still be obviously Arsenal fans living in and around the Tottenham area and visa versa. 

You expect the tourist traps and stuff in Rome to sell both. Mad. 

It's very weird as we stayed in Monti, a few minutes from Cavour station and that's apparantly where Lazio was founded as a football club. It might just have been where we were staying, didn't see much of the North of the City.

Have you been? I can't recommend a visit to the place enough, probably my favourite European city.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Unfortunately I arrived about 30 minutes into the game thanks to a delayed flight so there was no chance of me getting to the match, very annoying but I'll go again, watched the last thirty minutes in a bar. Rome is magical though, one of my favourite cities, everything about it is great, the people, the food, the art, the history, the language (very, very easy to pick up), the wine - I felt so safe as well, didn't see a single bit of trouble from anybody in the whole week. The fact grown men can walk around with an ice cream just tops it off.

There is no love for Lazio mind lol I knew Roma fans were from the City in the main and Lazio from the surrounding area but didn't realise just how lobsided it was, no one had any Lazio merchandise apart from a small shop near the Vatican, everything is Roma.

I did a James Richardson every morning, big cappuchino and ice cream with my Gazetta Dello Sport.

Shame you missed out on the match.

The build-up was excellent, and with Lazio and Inter having a friendly fan relationship, everything went smoothly. You could see Lazio and Inter fans mingling, no troubles.

Agree with the bit about Rome. I went there for the very first time and was initially expecting chaos and murder, pickpocket central and lots of noise and agitated people. But in all honesty, it was one of the most serene and tranquil and safe experiences in a major city ever, I think. Everyone is laid-back (apart from the typical tourists, who can be a nuisance at certain spots like the Trevi Fountain). The food was delicious (Carbonara! Sicilian pizza or Arancini!), the weather was fantastic (apart from a short spell of light rain), seeing all the Roman monuments for the first time was a great experience.

I'm glad we didn't to the Vatican City tour, as there are scalpers every two feet. And the line was immense.

The city is dominated by Roma colours - we walked past that small Lazio shop near the Vatican ourselves, but there is another, bigger shop near the Stadio Olimpico, just before you cross the bridge over the River Tiber.

Also went to check on Ranieri's birthplace, near the Pyramid. Building's still there.

37 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's very weird as we stayed in Monti, a few minutes from Cavour station and that's apparantly where Lazio was founded as a football club. It might just have been where we were staying, didn't see much of the North of the City.

Have you been? I can't recommend a visit to the place enough, probably my favourite European city.

No its on both my missus and I's bucket list. It's definitely somewhere we will visit, we love a church and Italian food so it's pretty much mecca to us. 

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Shame you missed out on the match.

The build-up was excellent, and with Lazio and Inter having a friendly fan relationship, everything went smoothly. You could see Lazio and Inter fans mingling, no troubles.

Agree with the bit about Rome. I went there for the very first time and was initially expecting chaos and murder, pickpocket central and lots of noise and agitated people. But in all honesty, it was one of the most serene and tranquil and safe experiences in a major city ever, I think. Everyone is laid-back (apart from the typical tourists, who can be a nuisance at certain spots like the Trevi Fountain). The food was delicious (Carbonara! Sicilian pizza or Arancini!), the weather was fantastic (apart from a short spell of light rain), seeing all the Roman monuments for the first time was a great experience.

I'm glad we didn't to the Vatican City tour, as there are scalpers every two feet. And the line was immense.

The city is dominated by Roma colours - we walked past that small Lazio shop near the Vatican ourselves, but there is another, bigger shop near the Stadio Olimpico, just before you cross the bridge over the River Tiber.

Also went to check on Ranieri's birthplace, near the Pyramid. Building's still there.

I spent the last day wandering from the Circus Maximus down to the Pyramid, some lovely bars down there and you are out the city enough to pay normal prices (2.50 for a beer there, first day I paid 9.50 for one in Piazaa Navone) - I would have gone to see Claudio's birthplace had I known that.

The Vatican was pretty beautful and the art is sensational, there was a Botero and a Bacon piece that I stood looking at for ages, the Sistine Chapel is magnificent but the amount of people in there doesn't really let you enjoy it too much, full of sweaty people and the guards shouting at Chinese tourists not to take pictures. The Santa Maria Maggiore church was magnificent as well.

As with any tourist area the place is so full of Chinese now it's ridiculous, we had the queue jump thankfully but without it you were looking at at least a 90 minute wait for the Vatican or Colloseo, book online first for everything if you go @Finnegan

43 minutes ago, MattP said:

Lazio was founded near Piazza della Libertà, which is closer to the Vatican than Cavour (which is near the Coliseum in the Southeast of the old city centre).

Went by the place and took a picture of the commemorative badge on the wall of a small building in the middle of the park.