Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

£30m to spend?

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

...do you honestly think we've got a hope in Hell of beating Sevilla and progressing in the CL?

Yeah. Yeah I do.

Maybe I'm deluded by hope and dreams but we've been here before.....

I still have faith that we'll get our shite together, finish mid table and give the CL a good go.....

13 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

They don't view him as a development player certainly. He'll come into the squad. They're looking at a defender (CB) and a CAM, not sure on names but they're the positions they want. Maybe a right back if an affordable one becomes available. Don't be suprised to see Amartey feature at CB / RB in the second half of the season.

I grasp how they view him and believe he'll train with the first team but get game time with the development squad too for match fitness purposes - I'll be surprised if he's more than a bit part player for the remainder of the season - maybe a start in the cup games?

As for Amartey - he needs to stay in midfield and develop - round pegs in round holes please - we've been here before.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah. Yeah I do.

I still have faith that we'll get our shite together, finish mid table and give the CL a good go.....

I grasp how they view him and believe he'll train with the first team but get game time with the development squad too for match fitness purposes - I'll be surprised if he's more than a bit part player for the remainder of the season - maybe a start in the cup games?

As for Amartey - he needs to stay in midfield and develop - round pegs in round holes please - we've been here before.

He's match fit - been playing for Genk. Might play one game to settle in, but he'll be in and around the squad early doors.

As for Amartey, he's showing flashes of promise in the middle, but there is a view he'll make a very good centre half.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

He's match fit - been playing for Genk. Might play one game to settle in, but he'll be in and around the squad early doors.

As for Amartey, he's showing flashes of promise in the middle, but there is a view he'll make a very good centre half.

Sure not suggesting he's not match fit. Just don't think he'll get match sharp as he'll not get enough game time - let's see if he can step right up but I have my reservations as to the quality of the league he's used to.

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You'd be surprised in RE to Jeffrey, I work in West Brom and for some unbeknownst reason to me most of the fans and seemingly the management are well up for signing him, I dunno if any of them have actually seen him play or watched his "best bits" on YouTube, the way they talk about him I'm presuming the latter lol We've already turned down 12 mil for him so could potentially be looking at nearly 15 just for him alone, which is pretty mad. Mind you we will have to see if they are still interested. 

Leo I dunno he is getting on and has his limitations but he can bag you enough goals to stay up if given consistent service. You would like to think we could at least get close to getting our 10 Million back on him, may have to take a bit of a hit but I'd be surprised if we ended up with much less than 20 for both.

People on here said that the 12 mil was actually bs, and the deal was structured with loads of fees and add ons and stuff, and the transfer fee itself was closer to 2 mil. 

2 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

People on here said that the 12 mil was actually bs, and the deal was structured with loads of fees and add ons and stuff, and the transfer fee itself was closer to 2 mil. 

That is people on here though lol but point taken it could well of all not been cash up front.

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You'd be surprised in RE to Jeffrey, I work in West Brom and for some unbeknownst reason to me most of the fans and seemingly the management are well up for signing him, I dunno if any of them have actually seen him play or watched his "best bits" on YouTube, the way they talk about him I'm presuming the latter lol We've already turned down 12 mil for him so could potentially be looking at nearly 15 just for him alone, which is pretty mad. Mind you we will have to see if they are still interested. 

Leo I dunno he is getting on and has his limitations but he can bag you enough goals to stay up if given consistent service. You would like to think we could at least get close to getting our 10 Million back on him, may have to take a bit of a hit but I'd be surprised if we ended up with much less than 20 for both.

I've been told we did not turn12m down it was 5m with 7m add ON's.

None of the add ON's were liable to happen unless they did a Leicester. So the view was from our point it was a 5m offer and no more.

That's why i think 15m is a max but we need to make room on the wage bill.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I think that's a bit premature - we are a very long way from that being a reality.

Yeah I was just jesting, I don't think we are going down. A good run of games will see us right. They will come

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I've been told we did not turn12m down it was 5m with 7m add ON's.

None of the add ON's were liable to happen unless they did a Leicester. So the view was from our point it was a 5m offer and no more.

That's why i think 15m is a max but we need to make room on the wage bill.

You'll have to forgive the skepticism but your saying 5, poster above you is saying 2, whilst I don't doubt there were add ons involved exactly how much of the deal they made up or what they were specifically isn't something anybody on here is going to know for sure. 

28 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah. Yeah I do.

Should read cup game.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

My personal wish: £30m+ spent on several (quality) players with potential that add to our depth in squad.

Reality: We'll sign another striker for £30m+.

Head says your right. Heart says let it be a £35 million pound absolute crazy weapon.....

is Balotelli happy at Nice? I hear he's been in conversation with Premier League clubs......

Depressing how we've become another who's answer is to buy their way out of everything. I'm not against going abroad again, it's a common myth that you need to have played in the PL before to succeed in it, in-fact it's probably the main reason clubs pay absurd money for average players.

We've done that ourselves but that was down to terrible management in the summer. Why on earth did we end up panic buying instead of sorting it sooner? Absolutely ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

My personal wish: £30m+ spent on several (quality) players with potential that add to our depth in squad.

Reality: We'll sign another striker for £30m+.

We can't be spending £30m+ and them needing 6-12 months to settle in. The predicament we are currently in we need players to come in & hit the ground running. 

Im all for looking ahead and getting quality young players in. But it really won't help our current situation by buying another couple of Kapustkas. 

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

We can't be spending £30m+ and them needing 6-12 months to settle in. The predicament we are currently in we need players to come in & hit the ground running. 

Im all for looking ahead and getting quality young players in. But it really won't help our current situation by buying another couple of Kapustkas. 

I'm thinking more of (PL-proven) players at age 23 to 28, maybe even one age 30 or 31 for the additional experience. Surely £30m+ will be enough for two to three of them? lol

Our success last season was built on the emphasis on teamwork, not individual performances. I'd rather have several decent players who still have potential, but already know what it takes to approach our endeavor with the necessary sincerity, grit and hard work. 

But seeing that Schlupp has been paraded around for £12m already, that'll remain a fantasy, a move that'll never manifest itself.

I doubt there's much of a limit on what they can spend besides it will be limited much more by how prepared clubs are to do deals with us and judging from the summer that will be a massive limitation, it's not inconceivable that Ndidi could be our only signing.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I doubt there's much of a limit on what they can spend besides it will be limited much more by how prepared clubs are to do deals with us and judging from the summer that will be a massive limitation, it's not inconceivable that Ndidi could be our only signing.

Alrite Davie - try not to smother us in your Christmas optimistic cheer!

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm thinking more of (PL-proven) players at age 23 to 28, maybe even one age 30 or 31 for the additional experience. Surely £30m+ will be enough for two to three of them? lol

Our success last season was built on the emphasis on teamwork, not individual performances. I'd rather have several decent players who still have potential, but already know what it takes to approach our endeavor with the necessary sincerity, grit and hard work. 

But seeing that Schlupp has been paraded around for £12m already, that'll remain a fantasy, a move that'll never manifest itself.

Ag get you. I'd love Siguardson or even Curtis Davies who I think would do a good job for us. 

Only thing is though buying from the PL is that teams down the bottom of the league won't sell to a rival and as shown in the summer with Deeney because of the Sky money teams can turn down stupid offers. 

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Alrite Davie - try not to smother us in your Christmas optimistic cheer!

Forever the pessimist, I can't ever see us winning the PL so no point spending all this money just to try to achieve mid table mediocrity. :claudio:

Archived