Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

£30m to spend?

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You'd be surprised in RE to Jeffrey, I work in West Brom and for some unbeknownst reason to me most of the fans and seemingly the management are well up for signing him, I dunno if any of them have actually seen him play or watched his "best bits" on YouTube, the way they talk about him I'm presuming the latter lol We've already turned down 12 mil for him so could potentially be looking at nearly 15 just for him alone, which is pretty mad. Mind you we will have to see if they are still interested. 

Leo I dunno he is getting on and has his limitations but he can bag you enough goals to stay up if given consistent service. You would like to think we could at least get close to getting our 10 Million back on him, may have to take a bit of a hit but I'd be surprised if we ended up with much less than 20 for both.

Top: "pleasure doing business with you, Tony.  Just put my name on a cheque and I'll be out of here.."

Tony pullis " ahaha ha! . Funny guy!"

Top " Something wrong, Tony?"

Tony " Oh wait.. you're actually being serious!? You thought it was ME paying YOU the 12 million to take him off your hands?"

15 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Well, 15m already thrown away on a play who is unproven in the PL and will end up in the u23's.

lets home they have some plans for the remaining 15m.

FFS nothing like giving the player a chance. I bet your a real fun person to go out with.

I bet had you just won the lotto you would moan. Damn it was only 25m this week.

13 minutes ago, sycokilla said:

its a bit frightening to think we spent nearly 60 million on 3 players this year already and non of them have shown any consistency ... I hope wen concentrate an defensive midfield and defence players this time

I wouldn't blame the new players.. the old players have been woeful and it's asking a lot to settle into a new team new country and shine when those around you are playing woefully..

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

FFS nothing like giving the player a chance. I bet your a real fun person to go out with.

I bet had you just won the lotto you would moan. Damn it was only 25m this week.

20161228_160047.png

Well, you sound like a fun guy yourself so i should maybe take note. Why don't we sack Filbert Fox, save on some wages?.

What you need in a relegation scrap are old hands not 20 year olds. It'd be better looking to bring in some experienced players in their mid to late 20's to shore up the defence and midfield. Cannot see the point in yet another striker unless Ulloa is on the move. We need scrappers now, the way the players backed off the Everton keeper on Boxing day so he could do his 80 yard assist says we really do need players prepared to put themselves out there.

17 hours ago, Bazly said:

What you need in a relegation scrap are old hands not 20 year olds. It'd be better looking to bring in some experienced players in their mid to late 20's to shore up the defence and midfield. Cannot see the point in yet another striker unless Ulloa is on the move. We need scrappers now, the way the players backed off the Everton keeper on Boxing day so he could do his 80 yard assist says we really do need players prepared to put themselves out there.

I couldn't agree more... Money is being spent willy-nilly on these youngsters with 'potential' and we really need experience! When you exploit the foreign market and spend £15 million plus on a untested, young player in a relegation scrap it's always going to be a risk.  I can't help but feel we aren't spending wisely at the moment - would long to see a 'Walsh' signing again. :-(

20 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Ndidi will be starting for us, surely.

Don't get your hopes up - he's clearly one for the future... You know how much Ranieri is loving the King - Amartey, Drinkwater - King, Drinkwater - Amartey combos! It's going to take him time to break into the side and adjust! 

12 hours ago, ben_lcfc said:

I couldn't agree more... Money is being spent willy-nilly on these youngsters with 'potential' and we really need experience! When you exploit the foreign market and spend £15 million plus on a untested, young player in a relegation scrap it's always going to be a risk.  I can't help but feel we aren't spending wisely at the moment - would long to see a 'Walsh' signing again. :-(

But the players we signed are Walsh signings.

We were in for Musa and bought Amartey in January, Mendy we tried to sign the season before and have been after Slimani for ages.  All under the watchful eye of Steve Walsh.

11 hours ago, murphy said:

But the players we signed are Walsh signings.

We were in for Musa and bought Amartey in January, Mendy we tried to sign the season before and have been after Slimani for ages.  All under the watchful eye of Steve Walsh.

Agree with most of this apart from the Slimani bit. Not sure that Walsh was ever interested in him. Slimani appears to be a bit of a panic buy.

On 28/12/2016 at 10:29, Wilson_6 said:

Cant we buy just a load of average championship players who will play there hearts out instead of spending loads on foreign players? or is that me being "Tin pot"? haha

I wouldn't say it's tin pot.

I don't wanna play the racism card but it's close. There are plenty of foreign players who work their arses off. Our squad is build on hard working but limited foreign players.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I wouldn't say it's tin pot.

I don't wanna play the racism card but it's close. There are plenty of foreign players who work their arses off. Our squad is build on hard working but limited foreign players.

Our Squad WAS built on hard work. To me sadly thats the major difference this season.

16 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agree with most of this apart from the Slimani bit. Not sure that Walsh was ever interested in him. Slimani appears to be a bit of a panic buy.

The Telegraph article by John Percy (usually very accurate with Leicester news) says that we had scouted/followed him through the last 3 transfer windows which seems to suggest we and Walsh were very interested for quite some time.

17 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

We've been in for Slimani for every transfer window of the last 2 years. 

How on earth is that in any way a panic buy? :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

The Telegraph article by John Percy (usually very accurate with Leicester news) says that we had scouted/followed him through the last 3 transfer windows which seems to suggest we and Walsh were very interested for quite some time.

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

We've been in for Slimani for every transfer window of the last 2 years. 

How on earth is that in any way a panic buy? :unsure:

Agree that John Percy is normally quite accurate on speculation regarding our transfer targets but not sure about the myth concerning our pursuit of Slimani. I vaguely recall a denial going back to the Pearson/Walsh days that we were ever interested in him. Just my gut feeling on this one.

7 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agree that John Percy is normally quite accurate on speculation regarding our transfer targets but not sure about the myth concerning our pursuit of Slimani. I vaguely recall a denial going back to the Pearson/Walsh days that we were ever interested in him. Just my gut feeling on this one.

The same Pearson who denied we were in for Chris Wood then we signed him the next day lol

Archived