Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-players-held-a-frank-half-time-discussion-after-poor-first-half-at-southampton/story-30079190-detail/story.html

Did anyone read the above article? It's an interview with Morgan who apparently feeds us some rubbish that the players had a frank discussion at half. 

He then has the audacity to say the team was unlucky in the second half because they didn't get a break of the second ball. Is this guy seriously deluded? 

You olayed like a bunch amateurs high on crack. And not a good high a bad high on some real messed up shit. Don't pretend you Made Southampton earn their victory, they barely broke sweat. 

I hate how  they feed us this rubbish like we are stupid or something. We fight, we work hard we meet, we never stop. You did, you have and you've cheated this club - so be happy but don't try and play the fans like fools.

sorry, rant over.

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-players-held-a-frank-half-time-discussion-after-poor-first-half-at-southampton/story-30079190-detail/story.html

Did anyone read the above article? It's an interview with Morgan who apparently feeds us some rubbish that the players had a frank discussion at half. 

He then has the audacity to say the team was unlucky in the second half because they didn't get a break of the second ball. Is this guy seriously deluded? 

You olayed like a bunch amateurs high on crack. And not a good high a bad high on some real messed up shit. Don't pretend you Made Southampton earn their victory, they barely broke sweat. 

I hate how  they feed us this rubbish like we are stupid or something. We fight, we work hard we meet, we never stop. You did, you have and you've cheated this club - so be happy but don't try and play the fans like fools.

sorry, rant over.

you know your crack dont you [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

sorry, rant over.

Your anger and frustration is understandable but, from the stand I was in, I didn't see many players who were not trying and that includes Morgan. In fact it was Morgan who found his way upfield to put our best chance over the bar from 10 yards. He did only have an instant to react and, sadly, his instincts were what you'd expect from a centre-back, but the guy was trying hard enough.

Truth is most of the players did want to get back in the game. Fact is though,  we didn't have the ammunition - and Ulloa wasn't even on the bench to give us at least some chance of scoring. 

By this time Grays questionable battery seemed to have gone completely, our limited midfield, in terms of creativity, had few passing options anyway and were often hurried into negativity.

Vardy and Drinky seemed increasinly frustrated and the eventual introduction of Musa was just a bit of wishful thinking and almost totally ineffective.

Southampton, in the second half, had at first seemed content to close out the game but even they realised we had no threat and eventually started attacking again, having one "goal" disallowed, scoring their third and generally playing us from sluggish to a standstill not due to lack of effort but because we had nothing potent to hit back with.

And that's really down to the manager and our owners in leaving us with a skeleton senior staff through January and therefore vulnerably disrupted both before and after as well. It wasn't as if the problem couldn't be anticipated. But it certainly wasn't and hasn't been solved. 

Finally got round to watching the MOTD2..

I have to say, Drinkwater was truly awful. Every clip they showed, you could see him either not marking, not tracking back, not putting a foot in. Was he sulking because he didn't like the formation or something?

Really disappointed in him after seeing all that. A shadow of himself last season.

Of course, there were many others you could pick out - Fuchs was just as bad and Chilwell should now get a run of games. Huth looks like an OAP out there and Wes.. well, less said the better.

Thought Gray looked lively on the left and if he learns to be less selfish in certain situations, then I can see him nailing down that position for us, with Mahrez on the other side and them able to switch.

Feel sorry for N'didi coming into such a situation and actually thought Mendy was OK and played some smart passes. 

The overall performance was woeful though, and only partly can be blamed on the formation change. Southampton could have had a lot more, as you could see so many players were left unmarked in attack and there was so little closing down done. 

I actually agree with Claudio, and do think we need to go back to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, as you could see the players looked completely lost out there, and although I think our long-term future will be a 4-3-3, we are desperate to get the players back to some kind of decent performance and with them so low on confidence as well as form, adding this formation experimenting to the mix as well, is just deflating them even more. Go back to the 4-4-2, let them feel comfortable in knowing their roles again and get them working a hell of a lot harder than they have been doing. 

It is ridiculous we are having to bend to accommodate these players but after that performance, I think going back to the basics and what we know, is the best solution for now. 

...and in the meantime Claudio.. sign some bloody players!!!!

52 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Finally got round to watching the MOTD2..

I have to say, Drinkwater was truly awful. Every clip they showed, you could see him either not marking, not tracking back, not putting a foot in. Was he sulking because he didn't like the formation or something?

Really disappointed in him after seeing all that. A shadow of himself last season.

Of course, there were many others you could pick out - Fuchs was just as bad and Chilwell should now get a run of games. Huth looks like an OAP out there and Wes.. well, less said the better.

Thought Gray looked lively on the left and if he learns to be less selfish in certain situations, then I can see him nailing down that position for us, with Mahrez on the other side and them able to switch.

Feel sorry for N'didi coming into such a situation and actually thought Mendy was OK and played some smart passes. 

The overall performance was woeful though, and only partly can be blamed on the formation change. Southampton could have had a lot more, as you could see so many players were left unmarked in attack and there was so little closing down done. 

I actually agree with Claudio, and do think we need to go back to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, as you could see the players looked completely lost out there, and although I think our long-term future will be a 4-3-3, we are desperate to get the players back to some kind of decent performance and with them so low on confidence as well as form, adding this formation experimenting to the mix as well, is just deflating them even more. Go back to the 4-4-2, let them feel comfortable in knowing their roles again and get them working a hell of a lot harder than they have been doing. 

It is ridiculous we are having to bend to accommodate these players but after that performance, I think going back to the basics and what we know, is the best solution for now. 

...and in the meantime Claudio.. sign some bloody players!!!!

MOTD never tells the full story. Gray was like Jekyll and Hyde or should that be Hide? In their face at first and carving out chances that he himself usually squandered or so disappointing he needn't have been there. 

As for our central midfield we used to grumble when our two men were overwhelmed but against Southampton even three couldn't cope. Yes, they won a share of possession at times but there was no real distributive quality and even less threat.

King's simple efficiency was badly missed in all sorts of ways because we took far too many touches on the ball - if we controlled it at all, we didn't win the physical battles and we were far too willing to plumb for hopeful balls into hopeless places. 

For sure it didn't help that we had so few runners making themselves available to receive the ball and virtually none of the unselfish off-the-ball running aimed at making space for others.

And all that emphasised our inability to move as a fluid unit - back together and forward together. It's almost as if we're Trades Union controlled and anyone moving into someone else's section prompts a demarcation dispute. 

Either that or we're paranoid about leaving gaps because we no longer have anyone like King (or Kante in the good old days gone by) to recognise what's happened and to either fill in the space or keep an eye on it. .

Shinji could help in terms of movement but he's like a lamp-post when it comes to ball control and is like a kid learning to crawl for much of the time cos he's hardly ever on his feet for long.     

Worse than that, when he does gain control he can't pick a pass. Too hard, too loose it doesn't matter the excuse. The momentary opportunity is lost. And he's never there for the crosses either. Vardy's basically being asked to threaten the near post, the far post, the big defenders in the middle, the edge of the box on both sides and to chase lost causes.  

Even without being relatively newly wed it's enough to knacker any man.     

Guys in the first few minutes on sunday they were hurting us bigtime down the left  then the right then the left again and on it went.We got away with the narrow play last year but teams now play a cut back and vary things a bit.After ten minutes blinding obvious something should have changed on the pitch even if the manager didn't call it it should have happened via drinky,morgan and the senior players.It didn't happen and we got a right seeing too.Sunday league embarrasing

18 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Guys in the first few minutes on sunday they were hurting us bigtime down the left  then the right then the left again and on it went.We got away with the narrow play last year but teams now play a cut back and vary things a bit.After ten minutes blinding obvious something should have changed on the pitch even if the manager didn't call it it should have happened via drinky,morgan and the senior players.It didn't happen and we got a right seeing too.Sunday league embarrasing

It's another good point and yes, it was so pronounced. While, last season, teams kept raining crosses onto the grateful heads of Huth and Morgan, this time Southampton peppered us every which way with their crosses leaving our centre-backs guessing and vulnerable because they weren't able to react quickly enough to all the variations.

That didn't excuse or explain the lack of marking on the edge of our penalty box. Sometimes I'd doubt even the Southampton players could believe the time and space they were given and that wasn't down to Huth or Morgan because they couldn't be in two places at once. It was down to our central midfielders' lack of awareness and commitment to taking responsibility.

As you say, the matter should have been addressed and quickly and that only emphasises my concerns about our management and coaching staff. Sadly it's not the only thing.        

Archived