Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

I tell you what I do find unnaceptabke that won't have been mentioned (no need repeating everyone else) to be losing in a game, but only by two goals, and not use up all your subs is completely unnaceptable and shows a lack of imagination for me. 

What on on earth would have been the harm in giving cabbage 20 minutes? Or getting Chilwell on for some creativity and running. Or King because DD showed nothing.

49 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Complete ignorance of Ranieri to bring Musa on with Vardy up top. We know that doesn't work and surprise surprise the 10th time wasn't the charm. Did he learn anything from last week, let alone from the first hafl of the season? Against Man United when the game was out of reach he brought off Vardy and Mahrez to try something new. I wish he would have brought Kapustka on today.

IF Kapustka play again for our second level, busts a gut and is banging on the door rather than sulking I'll agree.

On paper he should make a difference, on grass from what I've seen in the development games he doesn't stand out.

Time if he knuckles down

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

All this about Pulis and his teams being 'desperately boring' is also bollox.

I was thinking this earlier, watching them on MOTD highlights.

'Boring' West Brom have got players who can score goals from all over the park.

Chadli, Brunt, Morrison, Phillips...four midfielders, wingers who can score good goals. Compare that to us...Amartey, Mendy, Ndidi, Drinkwater, Albrighton

Its US who have become the boring team, with little clue going forward. The problem now of course is that we score sod all one end, yet concede tons the other. Not even 'boring' Pulis suffered this.

I do agree, I've always argued pulis teams can play in the past before we got ranieri, poor choice of Angry words, 

When I say boring, I'd say it's because a lot of the time they are taught to sacrifice all out attack in place of defence, rarely do you see west brom going straight out of the blocks in numbers to try and pressure the opposition, which I don't mind providing you can defend cleanly and attack when the times right. 

I think pulis gets the balance right on the whole although sometimes I think he's definitely guilty of not allowing teams to take enough risks, table doesn't lie though, I said a few weeks ago we should have sold schlupp and immediately slapped the money on the table for Matt Phillips. 

In reality I wouldn't mind Phillips, Evans and their manager.

Pulis teams are always a nightmare to score against and given the right players he can get them attacking well too. 

Hes as the sort of player that could keep us up and build next season with a bit of money to spend. 

Hes never been been at a club that really allows him to invest for the future, he has always been at clubs that need a "here and now" solution. 

We we would be able to offer him the 15m youngsters he would want to bring in to flourish, that said would he want to? 

Very little vocal backing from

the travelling support. The lads around me gave it their best but folks just have a dam right refusal to sing anything other than 'left side right side, champions of England'. 

It was a shocking performance but honestly sing abit and you might enjoy it a tad more.

Just got back, WTF was that.

Shite all over the park, particularly in defence.

I don't think we can blame the formation, we've

pretty much tried everything now and been 

terrible at all of them.

I genuinely fear we are drifting towards relegation,

at times today we resembled a non-league team.

After half time did anyone feel that Claudio had tactically changed things for the better? Or that he'd geed them up? Or that he'd given them a hairdryer? - anything to improve things or garner a response? 

That's my biggest criticism and why I genuinely feel he won't be able to turn this slide around. They came out and were as bad if not worse as the body language was awful.

All this Bull about confidence is popycock !!

If you or I was to fail at our jobs as Leicester's self Destruction v Southampton then we would get either suspended or sacked and before someone jumps down my throat with the usual well we can't sack our whole team comment, well ever thought the owners should dock the highly paid wages that they receive as they certainly are not giving our clubs owners value for money with their substandard performances of late ?

Maybe dock them 40% of their over inflated wages as that's probably one reason they have gone from heroes to zeroes seen it done it won the EPL don't have to try anymore attitude is what some people are saying,hit them where it hurts they don't perform they don't get their whole salary?

Morgan,Huth,Simpson and Fuchs were idolised last year and played out of their skins this year they are as dreadful and overrated on high wages same can be said for the rest of the team,Kasper is only as good as the protection in front of him at times too Vardy seems to and has seemed to have his mind on other things since the end of last season whether it's the euros his book etc etc who knows??

But at this minute all we know is this team is a pile of pants heroes to zeroes from Champs to Chumps it's hard to put your finger on the problem but what we all agree on is they need to sort out their shit and sort it out now !!

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

After half time did anyone feel that Claudio had tactically changed things for the better? Or that he'd geed them up? Or that he'd given them a hairdryer? - anything to improve things or garner a response? 

That's my biggest criticism and why I genuinely feel he won't be able to turn this slide around. They came out and were as bad if not worse as the body language was awful.

We were a lot worse in that second half 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We were a lot worse in that second half 

Indeed. What does that say about the relationship between our manager and his players.

Souness was scathing on Sky Sports. You could tell he thinks alot of the players can't be arsed to fight. We can't shift an entire squad so maybe changing the manager might kick start something. If nothing else it should shame them.

1 hour ago, Kendal Fox said:

I've got to say, I don't think the owners listened to CR when he said he didn't want players staying if they didn't want to be here. Instead, they simply threw more money at them and showered them with expensive gifts to keep them at the club. Never a good move.

Really think Claudio knew what he was talking about there but they didn't take him seriously. He knew some of the players - the same ones who had their heads turned - wouldn't have the same motivation once on double the salary.

Wasn't it the fact we were the antithesis of the "money buying football" philosophy that helped us to win the title?! Clearly Claudio understood that. I'm sure he also believed that was the only way we were going to be successful in the future too, hence him making a point of about not wanting to bribe players with bigger financial packages, just let them go if they didn't want to be here.

Yes agree, If we'd let anyone go who flirted with other clubs and replaced them with ambitious youngsters would we now be a better team? Subjective I know, but we could hardly be worse.

Drinkwater in his pre match interview sounded as if he really didn't have a clue as to why we have turned into such a poor team.

If he doesn't then neither do the manager or coaches. 

Doesnt fill me with iptimism that things are going going to change for the better.

45 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I tell you what I do find unnaceptabke that won't have been mentioned (no need repeating everyone else) to be losing in a game, but only by two goals, and not use up all your subs is completely unnaceptable and shows a lack of imagination for me. 

What on on earth would have been the harm in giving cabbage 20 minutes? Or getting Chilwell on for some creativity and running. Or King because DD showed nothing.

2-0 down and we were still knocking the ball long to one striker lol 

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

2-0 down and we were still knocking the ball long to one striker lol 

I know!

I said in the match thread, we were 2 nothing down and it STILL looked like Southampton were gonna get the third goal!

And of course, they did.

My one saving grace of this whole mess is that I've made a fair bit of money betting against City this season. Including today.

Just got back as well.

No player today can come out of that game with any credit. Ranieri's formation was atrocious, playing our best centre mid on the right wing against a side as talented down the flanks as Southampton, what was he thinking? Simpson was getting a slating, yes he was poor but had zero help down that side in the first half.

Forster could have got stuck into the free pizza being given away and sat in the front row for the 90, we never bothered him.

The lack of effort is frightening, almost like the players believe it when Ranieri declares the previous performances good, it's getting worrying now.

40 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Mahrez is missed, not because he has been fantastic for us but because teams are scared of him and double mark. This leaves us a bit more space to play in. Can't wait to have him and Slim back. 

I agree but its difficult to think that losing one man makes us this much worse. It has to be more than that. I just can't really place my finger on it. There seems to be no fluidity between the attackers and the defense, as if we simply don't have a midfield. I would say we need to invest in DM's but now I think we need a proper CM in the middle playing in front of the DM's we already have (N'didi and Mendy) to take the ball up the field and distribute.

Without Kante marauding just ahead of the back-four, the Foxes have shipped 37 goals already this year - one more than in ALL of their title-winning campaign.

In fact, Southampton had 17 shots against Leicester in their 3-0 win on Sunday, proving just how key now-Chelsea man Kante was at keeping opposing sides at bay.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Without Kante marauding just ahead of the back-four, the Foxes have shipped 37 goals already this year - one more than in ALL of their title-winning campaign.

In fact, Southampton had 17 shots against Leicester in their 3-0 win on Sunday, proving just how key now-Chelsea man Kante was at keeping opposing sides at bay.

He never made that big of a difference, of course he was a big loss but no one goes from one extreme to another due to just one single player. That is ridiculous, we just aren't doing the same thing as a team we were last. Even without Kante last season we looked good 

Today was just typical of our season, we're dreadful and I don't know where the wins we require to stay up are going to come from.

I watched Swansea yesterday and fair enough it could be a one off but they were organised, created chances and had the stomach for the fight...just like us in the season under NP, even when we were rock bottom.

Sigh. 

23 minutes ago, MurphyMagic said:

I just cannot see any other outcome other than relegation at the moment. All the clubs around us (apart from Sunderland) seem to have at least have a bit of fight in them. We are a complete and utter shambles. 

We're in a mini league of seven. 3 of those are going down. With Swansea winning and Hull doing very well today despite losing, the odds are beginning to look like we could well be one of those 3

Just read a match report that said Southampton won't have an easier win all season. This from a team who had lost the last 4

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I know!

I said in the match thread, we were 2 nothing down and it STILL looked like Southampton were gonna get the third goal!

And of course, they did.

My one saving grace of this whole mess is that I've made a fair bit of money betting against City this season. Including today.

If you're 2-0 down, playing shit and the oppo are waltzing around like we aren't there... why would you expect anything other than them scoring again before us? Or were expecting us to become good because we were being embarrassed for the umpteenth time this season?

Archived