Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

1 minute ago, reynard said:

We don't owe him anything at all. Yes i'm grateful to what they did last season but this season is a complete disgrace. I could accept this level of performance if it had been last season but we've invested serious amounts of money in players and we are getting progressively worse each week. 

He's a well payed employee of the club who I dare say would walk away with a decent amount of money should he be fired. I'd be sad if it ended like this but at the moment it looks inevitable.

Totally agree, the club is bigger more important then any manager

33 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Amazing.

If you do not watch Southampton, how can you

know, how they play?

Perhaps you should apply for a job with

LCFC.

A clairvoyant could be helpful, right now.

Haha. Let me rephrase I don't watch all Southampton games to prepare to face them but I do see them from time to time and watch highlights. Better? 

2 hours ago, easilee said:

Calls for Ranieri's head are stupid.

This is squarely on the players. Most teams he put out should be getting better results than these. The work rate is not even comparable to last season.

These losers are gonna royally fúck this club up if they don't start giving a shlt.

40, 50, 60, a hundred thousand pounds per week from one good season when they actually DID give a shlt.

How long do they think our club will pay them these wages?

Who will want to take them off our hands for heavily inflated prices?

I've got to say, I don't think the owners listened to CR when he said he didn't want players staying if they didn't want to be here. Instead, they simply threw more money at them and showered them with expensive gifts to keep them at the club. Never a good move.

Really think Claudio knew what he was talking about there but they didn't take him seriously. He knew some of the players - the same ones who had their heads turned - wouldn't have the same motivation once on double the salary.

Wasn't it the fact we were the antithesis of the "money buying football" philosophy that helped us to win the title?! Clearly Claudio understood that. I'm sure he also believed that was the only way we were going to be successful in the future too, hence him making a point of about not wanting to bribe players with bigger financial packages, just let them go if they didn't want to be here.

There is also a difference between feeling a change is needed and merely gloating about it. We ALL agree that last season was unforgettable, possibly once in a lifetime material. For that reason and just as importantly for being a thoroughly honourable gentleman he will always hold my respect, i hope others feel the same. My feelings about the need to change are bourne from a disasterous season which offered promise and now looks destined for the drop. I wont call for his head, barrack him or the team. But my own feelings within this forum are for change. Ill back them next game and the manager. Just cant see this getting any better, gutted.

Guest Danny Clender

Yeah yeah, something something dour and downbeat. 

Something that sums up the performance in a very realistic, yet condescending way, hey, really can't be bothered, that was terrible. 

Instead of giving them a private jet down to the game, make em walk to the next one up the M1.

Players need a kick up the arse and made to sweat it out.  Take those stupid BMWs out of it as well.  Big egos, big heads, can't cope with the pressure.

Total disgrace today.  Losing I can accept but to put up such a woeful display from supposed current champions is a disgrace.

So bloody annoying when you watch one of the supposedly worse teams than us Hull are actually putting up a fight against Chelsea and we give a damp squib effort at Southampton!

Now just wondering what the coming hours or days are going to bring us?

And betting Dierby are laughing at the chance of playing us on Friday !!

Just got back from Southampton.

That was DIRE.  I can't recall such a lack of belief and apathy.  Our defence was shambolic.  The worst game I've seen for Simpson, I think.  I am generally an optimist and this is the first time that I have felt relegation is a realistic outcome this season.  I'd put it at 50/50.

I don't think we've got a bad squad, but there is a serious lack of cohesion and understanding. The drive and togetherness which seemed to propel us last season has gone.  I suspect that only those in the know have a proper handle on what is going on in the club.  I think there must be some serious discontent.  I can't otherwise explain it.

Vardy needs to double his work rate.

I'm embarrassed.

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

All this about Pulis and his teams being 'desperately boring' is also bollox.

I was thinking this earlier, watching them on MOTD highlights.

'Boring' West Brom have got players who can score goals from all over the park.

Chadli, Brunt, Morrison, Phillips...four midfielders, wingers who can score good goals. Compare that to us...Amartey, Mendy, Ndidi, Drinkwater, Albrighton

Its US who have become the boring team, with little clue going forward. The problem now of course is that we score sod all one end, yet concede tons the other. Not even 'boring' Pulis suffered this.

Completely agree. If for example we decided to change manager he'd be my first choice. In the last few years he's spoken very highly of us and I think he'd get good financial backing here. He wouldn't leave West Brom for us now though. 

Severe delays to trains, followed by the long walk to the stadium, to then witness that shambolic display.

I know he's the tinkerman but Ranieri really has to stop tinkering! Thats another game he's made sweeping changes and the players just don't have a clue.

Just when we were starting to turn a corner over the festive period, it's gone 4 steps backwards. The subsitutions ultimately become the team we should have started with. Whenever we go behind the defeat feels inevitable. Where is that urgency??? That fighting spirit? 

Southampton were pretty average if I'm being honest, but we somehow made it into a rout. 

I have faith in Claudio and am not gonna be swayed into calling for his head. But he has to stick with something. If that means our favourite 4-4-2 then sod it! Our players cant seem to adapt to anything else.

The only positive point is at least we won the battle of the fans. Southampton's atmosphere is absolutely woeful. :thumbdown:

47 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Roy Hodgson's blue and white army has a nice ring to it.

I can't think of anything worse. Unfortunately I could see the owners going for it given his 'pedigree'.

Absolutely awful in every job he's been in, his tactics are 10 years out of date. Kept Fulhum up for a while but did nothing with them and produced the most turgid England team in 30 year. Serial failure. If Hodgson is an option, lets stick with Ranieri.

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Severe delays to trains, followed by the long walk to the stadium, to then witness that shambolic display.

I know he's the tinkerman but Ranieri really has to stop tinkering! Thats another game he's made sweeping changes and the players just don't have a clue.

Just when we were starting to turn a corner over the festive period, it's gone 4 steps backwards. The subsitutions ultimately become the team we should have started with. Whenever we go behind the defeat feels inevitable. Where is that urgency??? That fighting spirit? 

Southampton were pretty average if I'm being honest, but we somehow made it into a rout. 

I have faith in Claudio and am not gonna be swayed into calling for his head. But he has to stick with something. If that means our favourite 4-4-2 then sod it! Our players cant seem to adapt to anything else.

The only positive point is at least we won the battle of the fans. Southampton's atmosphere is absolutely woeful. :thumbdown:

That "My Way" cover version thing pre match was genuinely one of the most abhorrent things I've heard at a football match. I know we've had some cringy moments but that is pure garbage. 

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That "My Way" cover version thing pre match was genuinely one of the most abhorrent things I've heard at a football match. I know we've had some cringy moments but that is pure garbage. 

Especially given that they've won nothing in recent years, it seems way too over the top! 

The club should do something for the fans who had to get up really early on a Sunday morning to travel a long way for a match  they didn't perform in anyway shape or form. A 12 o'clock away match on a Sunday is a disgrace and the Premier league need  to think harder before putting on these matches just for the tv money

9 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Just got back from Southampton.

That was DIRE.  I can't recall such a lack of belief and apathy.  Our defence was shambolic.  The worst game I've seen for Simpson, I think.  I am generally an optimist and this is the first time that I have felt relegation is a realistic outcome this season.  I'd put it at 50/50.

I don't think we've got a bad squad, but there is a serious lack of cohesion and understanding. The drive and togetherness which seemed to propel us last season has gone.  I suspect that only those in the know have a proper handle on what is going on in the club.  I think there must be some serious discontent.  I can't otherwise explain it.

Vardy needs to double his work rate.

I'm embarrassed.

Bloody hell you are an optimist. I put our odds of relegation at about 90/10.

The fact is Ranieri is just part of the problem. We need a clear out from top to bottom. 

Rudkin in has been a useless drain on the club since he joined. His role as academy director yielded nothing of note. His new role as director of football means we get our pants pulled down at every opportunity. Remember we were in for Silva for £38 million ****ing pound but do not think he is worth going back for in the whole month of January.

the idiot who ****ed around with our pre season tour to give the worst possible prep to the campaign as possible.

the moron who increased prices in every aspect based on one seasons of success.

the management on the lack of adapting to circumstances and keeping the fittest squad in the league up to that level.

as for the players - you lot have proved exactly why u were and will be on the scrap heap for most of your careers. Don't worry, don goodmans job at sky will be available for when you retire. 

Pissed off? Just a bit.

Complete ignorance of Ranieri to bring Musa on with Vardy up top. We know that doesn't work and surprise surprise the 10th time wasn't the charm. Did he learn anything from last week, let alone from the first hafl of the season? Against Man United when the game was out of reach he brought off Vardy and Mahrez to try something new. I wish he would have brought Kapustka on today.

The club should do something for the fans who had to get up really early on a Sunday morning to travel a long way for a match  they didn't perform in anyway shape or form. A 12 o'clock away match on a Sunday is a disgrace and the Premier league need  to think harder before putting on these matches just for the tv money

why should the club do something, nobody forces us to go and its not the clubs fault, its the players. if anything the players should stand up and be counted or dig in their pockets to do something if you really want some type of reward for going

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Speaking of which, anyone who went by train and got delayed might be eligible for a refund. 

I mentioned it to the station manager after mine was delayed by over an hour. Said I have to fill in a claim on the train company's website, and it should be reimbursed.

Doesn't sweeten the result or experience but better than nothing I guess :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Remember we were in for Silva for £38 million ****ing pound but do not think he is worth going back for in the whole month of January.

Why should Silva join a team, that is in a relegation fight?

I wouldn't  be surprised to see him next season at Arsenal.

Being half french and having great technical skills, he is

exactly the typ of player Wenger likes to sign.

But you are right: not triggering his release clause in August

was perhaps a fatal mistake and whoever was responsible for

that decision ( I doubt it was the manager) has to bear a large

part of the blame for our actual problems.

Archived