Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

9 hours ago, reynard said:

We don't owe him anything at all. Yes i'm grateful to what they did last season but this season is a complete disgrace. I could accept this level of performance if it had been last season but we've invested serious amounts of money in players and we are getting progressively worse each week. 

He's a well payed employee of the club who I dare say would walk away with a decent amount of money should he be fired. I'd be sad if it ended like this but at the moment it looks inevitable.

You could just as well be talking about the players as well tho. If they hadn't won the league last year they would be getting barrel loads of shit from the terraces. And whilst not overly helpful it would certainly be deserved.

I know it's not how football works but there's plenty of our squad who are letting claudio down as much as he is himself.

I wouldn't say we started in "not trying" mode. We worked quite hard to begin with, and even looked a threat on occasions, but organisationally, we were a mess.

Southampton were allowed enough green grass on their left to conduct sheep dog trials and always got a good part of their flock in and around the penalty area when they pushed forward.

What impressed me most was the accuracy and variation of their final passes.

They posed lots of different problems without being reckless and, while so much criticism has been heaped on our  central defenders, the failure of our defensive midfielders to cover loose players arriving late or waiting for the second  ball was glaring and might well have cost us double the defeat we left with.

As for our more attacking players, Vardy, Shinji and Gray huffed and puffed in the opening quarter but at no time did they look like complimenting each other.

Gray was a fleeting individual threat, Vardy a man who could have waited a week for a proper pass and Shinji was what he usually is - a hard working floor acrobat whose creative touch is about as subtle as his marksmanship.          .

Our problem in both halves was that we couldn't sustain anything. It was like we had a fuel leak. Twenty-five minutes in the first half before we ran out of gas, then a quick refill at half-time and about the same in the second spell until they finally took us apart and left us on the scrapheap, soundly beaten and with all the life and hope squeezed out of us.       

I really feel for Ranieri, such a thoroughly decent man, but both he and the team suddenly look completely out of their depth in the Premier League. I think it would be best for his own sake if he considers retiring.

I have no idea what the solution is, but I sincerely hope that the inflated wages being paid have some kind of relegation clause, because otherwise surely the club could be in serious trouble if that were to happen and there must be a pretty good probability of that outcome.

15 hours ago, Donut said:

They should grow a pair and fvcking stand up and put a shift in.

There are players representing this club with abysmal attitudes. And I mean ABYSMAL

They have a manager that never publically criticises them, he acts like a true gent, he even called a team meeting to discuss issues within the team, formations etc rather than giving them the my way or the highway treatment.

They are back stabbing little fvcks. ALL the vitriol should be directed at them.

No matter what formation Claudio tries, what plans he has, the players stab him in the back and dont give one ounce of anything.

And that was after this man elevated to them to a level in their career they had absolutely no right to achieve. Piss poor Pearson signings like Morgan, donkeys like Albrighton, Huth who is a glorified nightclub bouncer. Vardy who looks like its above him to close a defender down now he has a few England caps and a Premier League medal.

Claudio inspired you to do that.

You cant just turn it on and off like a tap.

Im absolutely seething at these gobshite players, many of whom are bastard sons of Pearson who you all adore, theyre useless boneheads that deserve nothing.

Just an angry rant saying nothing particularly sensible. God knows why people have repped it.

Claudio has made mistakes. You look silly when you try to make out that he's done everything he could this season. You also look silly when you talk about the players 'backstabbing' him. They've been way below acceptable levels of performance many times this season but hyperbole like that doesn't fit reality - we'd be doing even worse if the players had produced as little as you say they have.

Reading your post it's obvious that what you've written is just another addition to the childish agenda you've had for ages, one where you claim Ranieri is utterly without fault and that Pearson was an incompetent who did little good when he was here. Pearson is actually not that relevant to this conversation but you brought him up because you like bashing him.

1 hour ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Just an angry rant saying nothing particularly sensible. God knows why people have repped it.

Claudio has made mistakes. You look silly when you try to make out that he's done everything he could this season. You also look silly when you talk about the players 'backstabbing' him. They've been way below acceptable levels of performance many times this season but hyperbole like that doesn't fit reality - we'd be doing even worse if the players had produced as little as you say they have.

Reading your post it's obvious that what you've written is just another addition to the childish agenda you've had for ages, one where you claim Ranieri is utterly without fault and that Pearson was an incompetent who did little good when he was here. Pearson is actually not that relevant to this conversation but you brought him up because you like bashing him.

Ranieri isnt without faults. Far from it.

But even if the tactics are wrong, which they WERE yesterday, you can still give effort and desire.

I barely see that week to week, and thats the players.

No matter what formation they are put out in, they cant be arsed.

And we know under this manager, theyve shown they CAN be arsed.

So whats changed? player attitudes have changed. Because theyre the ones who have downed tools and play with a total attitude of not being bothered.

442, 4231, 442 diamond, it doesnt matter. They dont want to play. Formations are irrelevant when people wont give any effort.

Of course Ranieri has faults, but if we binned him, we are obviously binning a quality manager who has proven it here and at other clubs. And if you cant accept he is a quality manager without trying to tarnish what hes done by talking about the players and foundations and staff left by others then youre a fool. He won the league with a bunch of berks, thats what theyre showing themselves as.

14 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Back to the 4 3 3 for me now and time to drop Vardy drinkwater morgan and fuchs,when our afcon players return id like to see.

schmeichel

Simpson

Amartey/new Cb

huth

chillwell

ndidi

mendy

Mahrez left(important)

gray middle swapping with mahrez

Albrighton right

slimani

Zieler,drinkwater,vardy,musa,Amartey,Fuchs,new player.

New players??

Are we actually going to sign any new players or will we have to stick with the awful Drivel we have now ??

16 hours ago, AjcW said:

Wasyl has a photo with Kappy on his Instagram captioned (translated) "on the way to the old rubbish" not a nice way to describe leicester lollol 

I thought it said "krakow" and tried to look but the post is gone :ph34r: someone's had a word 

So I guess the question is, can Ndidi Play a decent role in a central two?

we're clearly gonna drop the 4-4-3 and go back to 4-4-1-1. Fine, but better start upping all their games, to somewhere near last season. 

The players are clearly calling the shots, and forcing the management to playing 4-4-1-1, by a lack of performance.

My issue with that is; Okazaki needs to improve, back up to his pest like levels of last season. If Okazaki could be replaced by Gaston Ramirez (or any proper no10) then let's get that done ASAP.

Ndidi needs to show beast mode from here on in. Mendy to drop to the bench.

Also, give the captaincy to Schmeichel, and rotate Morgan, Huth and a new CB (hopefully Acerbi). Our current options as alternatives are so weak. Complacency reigns in that position.

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Oh yeah, forgot about those story things. 

Odd caption either way... unless it has a few different meanings! Appears only google gives a direct translation... most others can't say what "Smieci" means

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Odd caption either way... unless it has a few different meanings! Appears only google gives a direct translation... most others can't say what "Smieci" means

can't see the caption but my polish colleague says it means "garbage or rubbish and it's used for anything nice" :whistle:

20 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Without Kante marauding just ahead of the back-four, the Foxes have shipped 37 goals already this year - one more than in ALL of their title-winning campaign.

In fact, Southampton had 17 shots against Leicester in their 3-0 win on Sunday, proving just how key now-Chelsea man Kante was at keeping opposing sides at bay.

It's not all down to missing Kante, if people think that they are deluded. 

From Hull away, it's totally been a lack of desire and fight from the players I'm afraid. 

34 minutes ago, filbertstreet said:

can't see the caption but my polish colleague says it means "garbage or rubbish and it's used for anything nice" :whistle:

Yes when I did it last night it came back as "On the way to the old rubbish" whilst waiting for their plane back to leicester lol 

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

So I guess the question is, can Ndidi Play a decent role in a central two?

Off the ball, Ndidi showed reluctance to get back when they were on the attack..gently jogging around with no purpose. He absolutely needs to pull his finger out in the next match

"It was quite possibly the ghastliest display of the season by Leicester, and worryingly against a side on a run of four successive Premier League defeats. It was the fifth time this season they have let in three or more goals in a Premier League game, compared to just once last season. In the entire 2014-15 season spent battling relegation they let in three goals on six occasions and we still have 16 games to go here. "

Equally telling is that Leicester never lost by more than two that season under Nigel Pearson, when defeats were narrow and largely fought to the closing seconds. Three-margin defeats this season have come against Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea twice and now Southampton, when any defiance was muted

3 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Anyone at the game able to comment if any of players came and applauded at the end?

It really gets my back up when they don't even at the home games let alone the away

Yes, they did - almost all of them. And the fans seemed more shocked than angry. Of the few comments I heard most couldn't believe what's become of us. But they stuck with it and backed the team, no question. Afterwards a few just sat there dumbfounded and with their heads in their hands. Even my youngest - as passionate a follower as you'll ever see - was so stunned he hardly said a word afterwards.      

9 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

Off the ball, Ndidi showed reluctance to get back when they were on the attack..gently jogging around with no purpose. He absolutely needs to pull his finger out in the next match

For anyone to even  even speak of the bloke in the same breath as Kante is laughable. 

I don't remember Kante taking any time to settle, but it matters not.

Nobody's pre-judging what Ndidi might do in the future but I've lost count of the times he's been likened to Kante when, really, it's like comparing  diamonds to cubit zirconia.

Ndidi's a trainee footballer right now - an okay player with a bit of promise.

He might impose himself over time but he'll never be the next Kante. They're not even similar.   

Archived