Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

6N 2017

Scotland really are toss. Makes our loss up there all the more frustrating and I imagine Ireland will feel the same.

We gave them a free half in the second, Ireland gave them a twenty odd point lead in the first. Just shoddy. You can't even put it down to Scotland forcing errors with their play, we were both just dreadful.

Guest FriendlyRam

Nice to wrap it up in style 

Back to back grand slams really would be something special though, never been done in 6N history and we can be the first :) 

Ireland will be up for it though 

In all honesty, I'd just want Ireland to beat England just to stay in the top 4 in the world rankings (not that we deserve it), ruining the world record/grand slam would be a bonus though England are pretty clear favourites unfortunately.

When the new rankings come out tomorrow, by my reckoning Ireland, Wales, France, Scotland will probably be fairly close so it could be interesting to see who ends up in 4th spot before the WC seedings are confirmed.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

In all honesty, I'd just want Ireland to beat England just to stay in the top 4 in the world rankings (not that we deserve it), ruining the world record/grand slam would be a bonus though England are pretty clear favourites unfortunately.

When the new rankings come out tomorrow, by my reckoning Ireland, Wales, France, Scotland will probably be fairly close so it could be interesting to see who ends up in 4th spot before the WC seedings are confirmed.

I can't believe we sunk as low as worrying we might not be top eight again. For **** sakes.

I really hope Ireland don't spoil the party and stop England getting the grand slam. England should have enough but you never know. The atmosphere at the match will be electric and England will need to remain professional but I expect them to get the job done

Honestly can't believe they work out the WC seedings this early once again, even though doing so last time fvcked over England (though really poor in match decision-making didn't help) and doing so is likely to fvck over another home nation this time. What is the problem with doing it closer to the time when you have a much better idea of current form?

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I can't believe we sunk as low as worrying we might not be top eight again. For **** sakes.

What you on about?! Wales are the best team in the world 

27 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Honestly can't believe they work out the WC seedings this early once again, even though doing so last time fvcked over England (though really poor in match decision-making didn't help) and doing so is likely to fvck over another home nation this time. What is the problem with doing it closer to the time when you have a much better idea of current form?

It didn't **** over England last time. Or at least, it kinda did, but it was us again then.

We were the third seed.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It didn't **** over England last time. Or at least, it kinda did, but it was us again then.

We were the third seed.

Really? I thought England were because of how piss poor they were around 2012-13. That tells me!

Even so, I can't really understand the reasoning behind picking the seeding this far away from the tournament, not when form can change so drastically.

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Is is it a merger (Inverness and Caley Thistle) or a takeover (MK Dons and Wimbledon), I wonder?

In logistical terms, it doesn't really matter. They're both in the same (albeit large) city, in the same league. There's going to be no relocation to hundreds of miles away and no new team getting an undeserved spot in the pyramid.

In ownership terms? Hard to say for sure but on the surface it seems like a legitimate merger.

I'm sure it's business though, one businessman wants to own both and challenge the South of France dominace I suppose.

Just now, leicsmac said:

What an unreal match.

Well, no. It was actually a really shit match.

It was an unreal post-match. lol

Twenty minutes of overtime, a player sent off after 80 minutes, has enough time to come back on for almost ten. Lol.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Well, no. It was actually a really shit match.

It was an unreal post-match. lol

Twenty minutes of overtime, a player sent off after 80 minutes, has enough time to come back on for almost ten. Lol.

Well yeah, error-strewn kickfest but the added time was compelling viewing.

Ireland's control and possession has been admirable. Could be another 2003. Ford and Farrell need to assert themselves and get a hold of this game. England look tentative. Last week the celebrations were on hold because this triple crown, grand slam and equalling the All Blacks test run really means something to these players. Need to upset the Irish momentum. The last forty minutes of one of the greatest six nations in recent memory will be fascinating. 

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Fecking amazing 

made them look ordinary 

how on earth did we lose to the scots and Welsh ! 

Because you're as shit as the rest of us.

What this six nations has really told us more than anything is we're all going to get hammered together in NZ on your.

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Because you're as shit as the rest of us.

What this six nations has really told us more than anything is we're all going to get hammered together in NZ on your.

Come on Finners, where's the optimism?

I mean, last time the Lions went there it was deemed close enough that the ABs had to double team spear tackle the danger man out of commission in the first couple of minutes to be sure they'd win it...:ph34r: Of course it's twelve years later now and the ABs are formidable as always, but you never know.

Archived