Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

1 hour ago, Mr Mister said:

You think so? Trump has attacked NATO and America has undermined the UN for years.

That may well be true but that has nothing to do with NATO surviving without  an existing US. The most delusional bit is thinking the world would resist Russia. China and Russia are increasingly cosy, India and Russia increasingly cosy - the world won't be able to resist with a disbanded US.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/10/trump-administration-threatens-sanctions-against-international/

Good to see this administration learning from its Chinese and Russian autocratic counterparts about the fine art of "I'll carry out what atrocity I want and I won't even be arsed to put a veneer on it in the international community".

Well, perhaps the aforementioned veneer dropping some is a good thing as it makes that good guy/bad guy dichotomy some folks like to push look rather hollow.

Edited by leicsmac

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/10/trump-administration-threatens-sanctions-against-international/

Good to see this administration learning from its Chinese and Russian autocratic counterparts about the fine art of "I'll carry out what atrocity I want and I won't even be arsed to put a veneer on it in the international community".

Well, perhaps the aforementioned veneer dropping some is a good thing as it makes that good guy/bad guy dichotomy some folks like to push look rather hollow.

I say launch counter sanctions against America if they put sanctions against justice.

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Turns out the protestors at the Kavanaugh hearing were paid off by a Dem-friendly institute funded by George Soros:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/confirmed-organizer-vinay-krishnan-who-was-caught-paying-off-kavanaugh-protesters-works-for-soros-linked-organization/

Not sure about the quality of that source tbh - I wouldn't put something from Salon up here and say it was gospel and that site is tilted just as far the other way. And all we have is a photo that could mean anything and the word of a couple of randos on Twitter.

Not saying it didn't happen that way or that agent provocateurs are limited to one side of all this (or that Soros doesn't have his fingers in an awful lot of pies), but pinch of salt required here IMO.

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Not sure about the quality of that source tbh - I wouldn't put something from Salon up here and say it was gospel and that site is tilted just as far the other way. And all we have is a photo that could mean anything and the word of a couple of randos on Twitter.

Not saying it didn't happen that way or that agent provocateurs are limited to one side of all this (or that Soros doesn't have his fingers in an awful lot of pies), but pinch of salt required here IMO.

Oh, I'm not saying it is a 100% correct - yet there are multiple people who've seen the same, with picture proof.

Then again, you'd have to ask yourself why aren't more established newspapers and news outlets reporting on it.

RT is as far as it goes at the moment - and they're Russian:

https://www.rt.com/usa/437794-paid-protesters-kavanaugh-hearings/

If these people aren't/weren't there to hand out cash, surely there'd be a backlash from said institute with regards to fake news or libel.

Edited by MC Prussian

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Oh, I'm not saying it is a 100% correct - yet there are multiple people who've seen the same, with picture proof.

Then again, you'd have to ask yourself why aren't more established newspapers and news outlets reporting on it.

RT is as far as it goes at the moment - and they're Russian:

https://www.rt.com/usa/437794-paid-protesters-kavanaugh-hearings/

If these people aren't/weren't there to hand out cash, surely there'd be a backlash from said institute with regards to fake news or libel.

Do these pictures actually show this man handing out money, and it being explicitly for the purpose of going to the protest?

I'd certainly agree there might be a libel case to answer if it ain't so, but suing a website can often take a rather long time and based on where the servers are you might have difficulty getting paid anyway. And why would there be a backlash? Some folks want it to be true, and they'll ask no further questions.

There's a reasonably obvious reason why a Russian state news website would be broadcasting an article that might be overall favourable to Trump by going after his detractors, IMO.

Edit: Now get you mean a backlash from the institute itself. Well, for clarification, I'd stick with what I said above - suing wouldn't work and they could just say that it's fake news and it wouldn't make any difference - the lines in the sand are drawn and the average MAGAman isn't going to listen to anything from them, are they?

Edited by leicsmac

On 10/09/2018 at 19:45, MC Prussian said:

Turns out the protestors at the Kavanaugh hearing were paid off by a Dem-friendly institute funded by George Soros:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/confirmed-organizer-vinay-krishnan-who-was-caught-paying-off-kavanaugh-protesters-works-for-soros-linked-organization/

I saw this a few days ago, but didn't realise that they'd identified the guy paying the money and the organisation he worked for. Not surprised Soros is behind it. 

Speaking in the Oval Office on Tuesday, Mr Trump said the government would spare "no expense" in responding to Hurricane Florence, adding the storm was "tremendously big and tremendously wet".

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, sm1 said:

I saw this a few days ago, but didn't realise that they'd identified the guy paying the money and the organisation he worked for. Not surprised Soros is behind it. 

They haven't - or at least they haven't proved it, all they have is conjecture. See above.

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Speaking in the Oval Office on Tuesday, Mr Trump said the government would spare "no expense" in responding to Hurricane Florence, adding the storm was "tremendously big and tremendously wet".

Lol.

He gave himself  an A+ for how he handled a Texas storm and said they did better in Puerto rico . What  a nut job. The guy could literally make shit up. i did an a++++++ job (crowd goes wild). Stupid arsed americans. Please non trump voters get a real candidate amd vote the cvnt out

Edited by Jattdogg

His appearance in Puerto Rico was hilarious though. 

Probably my third favourite Trump thing after his "I've met Harvey Weinstein" and "We call her Pocahontus" press conferences. 

5 hours ago, MattP said:

His appearance in Puerto Rico was hilarious though. 

Probably my third favourite Trump thing after his "I've met Harvey Weinstein" and "We call her Pocahontus" press conferences. 

Yeah, and it also says a lot about the considerable contempt he has for Native Americans, impoverished brown people who still ostensibly fall under the US's sphere of protection, and Hollywood sexual predators.

One out of three isn't bad, I guess.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, and it also says a lot about the considerable contempt he has for Native Americans, impoverished brown people who still ostensibly fall under the US's sphere of protection, and Hollywood sexual predators.

One out of three isn't bad, I guess.

Eh? He was scathing about Weinstein, said he wasn't at all surprised.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Eh? He was scathing about Weinstein, said he wasn't at all surprised.

Yeah, that's what I meant - he has contempt for all three (dressed up in ridiculous jokey asides) and at least with Weinstein it's justified.

Edited by leicsmac

On 12/09/2018 at 01:40, leicsmac said:

They haven't - or at least they haven't proved it, all they have is conjecture. See above.

The guy admitted he was giving the money,  but apparently it wasn't payment for gate crashing the hearing. He gave her money for any fines she may get in the future for her actions. lol

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

The guy admitted he was giving the money,  but apparently it wasn't payment for gate crashing the hearing. He gave her money for any fines she may get in the future for her actions. lol

Ha! Implausible deniability at it's finest - though I can see it standing up in a court of law.

8 hours ago, MattP said:

This still gets me everytime, threw them like basketballs lol

Honestly can't see how you find his attitude here funny, Matt - not when he's showing such obvious contempt towards people who are being made homeless by the truckload and a fair few deaths for his own reasons.

14 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Honestly can't see how you find his attitude here funny, Matt - not when he's showing such obvious contempt towards people who are being made homeless by the truckload and a fair few deaths for his own reasons.

I don't take life too seriously, it is funny and he and the crowd were enjoying it.

To get upset over Trump throwing toilet rolls is a ridiculously first World problem - in the grand scheme of things I doubt the people of Puerto Rico gave a shit. 

I don't think we can blame him for the hurricane either. 

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

I don't take life too seriously, it is funny and he and the crowd were enjoying it.

To get upset over Trump throwing toilet rolls is a ridiculously first World problem - in the grand scheme of things I doubt the people of Puerto Rico gave a shit. 

I don't think we can blame him for the hurricane either. 

It's indicative of his attitude towards the whole thing - not really worthy of his attention, just a jokey soundbite when people ostensibly under the aegis of US protection are being made homeless and destitute by the truckload. Not quite sure how that isn't obvious IMO.

And while he can't be blamed for the hurricane (though I might posit his climate policy if taken to its conclusion may well result in more of such storms on average in the future), he certainly can be blamed for his response to it.

29 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It's indicative of his attitude towards the whole thing - not really worthy of his attention, just a jokey soundbite when people ostensibly under the aegis of US protection are being made homeless and destitute by the truckload. Not quite sure how that isn't obvious IMO.

And while he can't be blamed for the hurricane (though I might posit his climate policy if taken to its conclusion may well result in more of such storms on average in the future), he certainly can be blamed for his response to it.

It's like that with all of them though, Bush, Clinton and Obama didn't really give a shit either but they have to turn up as it's part of the show.

Let's get perspective as well, what we do on our climate policy isn't going to have a major effect compared to China and India. We should try and lead the way of course, but we can't hurt our own economies while they move forward.

8 hours ago, MattP said:

It's like that with all of them though, Bush, Clinton and Obama didn't really give a shit either but they have to turn up as it's part of the show.

Let's get perspective as well, what we do on our climate policy isn't going to have a major effect compared to China and India. We should try and lead the way of course, but we can't hurt our own economies while they move forward.

Sorry, equivalence is false. No other previous President was so obvious in their contempt through voice and action - even Dubya was apologetic after he screwed up the response to Katrina rather than playing it for laughs.

And I also honestly don't know why people keep churning out that old chestnut about "well, if they're not doing anything about X, then why should we?" - first off, both China and India are actually taking renewable energy and emission control as per the Paris Agreement seriously, and China itself is responsible for more than double the current renewable energy investment that the US is right now...and secondly, you're right in that we should be leading the way regardless of what they do because if we do and they don't then all the economic benefit they have will end up meaning precisely dick, anyway. This isn't about "winning" economically or nationally - do you think the Earth gives two fvcks about who's got the most cash/gold/other currency available to them?

• Like 1