Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

white privileged drunken frat boy antics - you can see it in his eyes, the fear. 

what does this woman have to gain - a successful accomplished woman bearing her most painful memory in front of the entire world - to suggest it's a democratic political shot is ****ing disgusting. 

as for the people saying 'why hasn't she said anything before?' - unless you've been assaulted or raped or abused you won't know. that shit haunts people and they keep their mouth shut because they feel ashamed and scared and like nobody will ****ing believe them you should have a long hard think on that. do you have daughters? I think you'd want a bit more of an investigation if they were in this position. 

innocent until proven guilty but it requires proper investigation, especially as this man will be put into one of the most honourable positions in the US. 

he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory either way - absolutely shown he isn't impartial and able to control himself.

looking at the republicans in that room made me feel sick. all old, all men, all white. a start contrast to the democrats which is made up of people from both sexes, all races and varied in age. 

You're a bitter twisted keyboard warrior dude...............

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

You're a bitter twisted keyboard warrior dude...............

sorry, who are you?

and more importantly - what exactly have you taken issue with in my post? because it seems pretty reasonable, tbqh.

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 2

Its all BS. Even if she is credible (which i dont doubt 1 bit) the sham of a 1 week time limited investigation is a joke. It gives the perception that they do care when they really dont. Political posturing just like the dems do.

Politics on both sides are sickening.  Its beyond caring about or being FOR the people and more for the wealthy and powerful. Cut the country into two or 10 and move on. USA cannot continue down this road.. the american people need to wake up and get away from this notion of im a republican or democrat and use common fckin sense.

Every country including other western countries have their issues but man it is so nasty in the USA.

Being in Canada with our feminist trudeau is heaven compared to the USA lol

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Its all BS. Even if she is credible (which i dont doubt 1 bit) the sham of a 1 week time limited investigation is a joke. It gives the perception that they do care when they really dont. Political posturing just like the dems do.

Politics on both sides are sickening.  Its beyond caring about or being FOR the people and more for the wealthy and powerful. Cut the country into two or 10 and move on. USA cannot continue down this road.. the american people need to wake up and get away from this notion of im a republican or democrat and use common fckin sense.

Every country including other western countries have their issues but man it is so nasty in the USA.

Being in Canada with our feminist trudeau is heaven compared to the USA lol

True but drowning men grasp at straws. Seven days is a lifetime compared to yesterdays expectations

11 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Absolutely spot on. I never thought I'd see the day due process was totally abandoned for political prestidigitation.

The idea some people have made up their mind on the basis that it's a white privileged man is abhorrent as well, have you lot read nothing about what has been happening over here recently? We've nearly sent numerous innocent people to prison because of this sort of group think on a certain section of society. God forbid you ever serve on a jury.

42 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/steve-bannon-oprah-women-take-charge-of-society-2018-2

It's like these blokes can't imagine a situation where someone isn't in control and making peoples lives a misery - whether it be guy, girl, black, white or whatever.

Shows something of a lack of imagination there IMO.

Some folk just cannot cope with the idea of their own specific demographic being anything less than completely dominant

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

They were asked different questions, but hey ho...

And suddenly, it's about "credibility"...

It will be about whatever they want it to be providing the outcome gives them what they want. 

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Some folk just cannot cope with the idea of their own specific demographic being anything less than completely dominant

It's not even just that IMO, it's the failure to entertain the idea that a world can exist without someone, anyone, being dominant, even if it isn't them. It's about being dominated in reprisal, for them - there's simply no other scenario.

I'd say a large part of the fear that plays into what's happening now comes directly or roundabout from that one concept.

I'm reminded of a line from The Lord of the Rings: "That we should wish to cast him down and have no one in his place is not a thought that occurs to his mind."

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

They were asked different questions, but hey ho...

And suddenly, it's about "credibility"...

Kauvanagh had the tougher questions then, I guess? Ones I'm assuming being evasive on was reasonable.

Edited by leicsmac

10 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

There‘s a CNN video of two women confronting Senator Flake in an elevator:

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/kavanaugh-senate-committee-vote/h_ca8154abcd9390da2d35b5c650d9e922

The hysteria.

Those women claimed that thay are rape victims. It's free speech not hysteria. I suspect they convinced him to vote with the caveat that an investigation was necessary before  a senate vote.

Alex I ain't going to fall out with you over this, you're a good bloke but wrong :P

Edited by Smudge

22 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Those women claimed that thay are rape victims. It's free speech not hysteria. I suspect they convinced him to vote with the caveat that an investigation was necessary before  a senate vote.

Not denying anyone the right to free speech, that's the basis of every (functioning) democracy or democratic foundation.

It's still hysteria.

There's a way of talking to people, there's reasonable debate and then there's raising your voice and trying to impose your viewpoint and your opinion onto others.

The Democrats right now are in a real mess - I don't consider myself right-wing, but at least the Republicans have the decency to engage in a fruitful conversation and are open for debate. The Dems aren't. They rather play the game of the petulant child, trying to force its way through, regardless of justice, due process or the consequences.

As long as they can block Kavanaugh getting elected, all is fine.

One woman told Flake that he is "telling all women that they don't matter, that they should just stay quiet, because if they tell you what happened to them you are going to ignore them".

That's grossly exaggerating the point and not what's up for debate.

Any rape victim should be encouraged to bring their claims forward in a court of law - but still, the accused is innocent until proven guilty.

Too many people on the left of the aisle have already made their mind up, and they won't budge one bit.

I find that scary.

Looking at all these women shouting down any attempt at a reasonable conversation. Up in arms based on a testimony of a woman who can't remember the precise date, time or location of the alleged rape when she was 15 and Kavanaugh 17, 36 years ago, all based on recovered memory.

Hysteria.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Not denying anyone the right to free speech, that's the basis of every (functioning) democracy or democratic foundation.

It's still hysteria.

There's a way of talking to people, there's reasonable debate and then there's raising your voice and trying to impose your viewpoint and your opinion onto others.

The Democrats right now are in a real mess - I don't consider myself right-wing, but at least the Republicans have the decency to engage in a fruitful conversation and are open for debate. The Dems aren't. They rather play the game of the petulant child, trying to force its way through, regardless of justice, due process or the consequences.

As long as they can block Kavanaugh getting elected, all is fine.

That's grossly exaggerating the point and not what's up for debate.

Any rape victim should be encouraged to bring their claims forward in a court of law - but still, the accused is innocent until proven guilty.

Too many people on the left of the aisle have already made their mind up, and they won't budge one bit.

I find that scary.

Looking at all these women shouting down any attempt at a reasonable conversation. Up in arms based on a testimony of a woman who can't remember the precise date, time or location of the alleged rape when she was 15 and Kavanaugh 17, 36 years ago, all based on recovered memory.

Hysteria.

Watch 60 minutes and my edit

On 27/09/2018 at 17:38, Smudge said:

I am watching testimony, she is very believable.  

She‘s a trained psychologist with multiple degrees.

Found this video somewhat interesting - talks about her demeanor and body language during the hearing:

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

She‘s a trained psychologist with multiple degrees.

Found this video somewhat interesting - talks about her demeanor and body language during the hearing:

Dear me I'm done. 

Edited by Smudge

Yeah, the lines are pretty well drawn here. But then I think they got drawn across the US a fair while back when Obama got elected, tbh - this is just following on from that.

One thing that does jump into my head though...if this all just a dirty tricks campaign by the Dems and it's possible such a thing could keep a candidate from the Supreme Court, why not do the same with Gorsuch during his confirmation procedure? By comparison, his hearing was smooth.