Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

The ongoing struggle with the Senate hearings regarding the potential appointment of Brett Kavanaugh as Trump's Supreme Court candidate:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/04/protesters-interrupt-kavanaugh-hearing-sot-nr-vpx.cnn

It's got it all:

- An old, immovable Chairman (some would call him a puppet)

- Aides for said Chairman, feeding him all the info he needs (sitting just behind him)

- A massive document about Kavanaugh  (140'000+ pages) submitted to the forum just hours before the beginning of the hearing

- Committee members fed crumbs of information, blacked out or shortened E-Mails about Kavanaugh

- Staged protest from Pro-Democrats, trying to stir a controversy

- Media portraying Kavanaugh as a "baddie", just because he wouldn't shake the hand of a Parkland shooting victim parent (so what?)

Call them Democrats, call the Republicans. They're all hypocrites to me.

As long as there is no strong third party in play, nothing will change in the US. Same ol', same ol'.

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The ongoing struggle with the Senate hearings regarding the potential appointment of Brett Kavanaugh as Trump's Supreme Court candidate:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/04/protesters-interrupt-kavanaugh-hearing-sot-nr-vpx.cnn

It's got it all:

- An old, immovable Chairman (some would call him a puppet)

- Aides for said Chairman, feeding him all the info he needs (sitting just behind him)

- A massive document about Kavanaugh  (140'000+ pages) submitted to the forum just hours before the beginning of the hearing

- Committee members fed crumbs of information, blacked out or shortened E-Mails about Kavanaugh

- Staged protest from Pro-Democrats, trying to stir a controversy

- Media portraying Kavanaugh as a "baddie", just because he wouldn't shake the hand of a Parkland shooting victim parent (so what?)

Call them Democrats, call the Republicans. They're all hypocrites to me.

As long as there is no strong third party in play, nothing will change in the US. Same ol', same ol'.

Yeah, it's messy.

Regarding the bolded part though, I do think that as much as some might think he was being trapped, not engaging the parent of a recent mass shooting victim shows a certain lack of humanity and that the problem that killed them isn't worth his seemingly valuable time.

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Also, really interesting article on the inner workings of the administration:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45427838

Read the NYT original if you can.

I can't help but be reminded of Squealer, Napoleon's mouthpiece in Animal Farm, every time Sarah Huckabee Sanders releases a press statement.

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, it's messy.

Regarding the bolded part though, I do think that as much as some might think he was being trapped, not engaging the parent of a recent mass shooting victim shows a certain lack of humanity and that the problem that killed them isn't worth his seemingly valuable time.

I don't think he was either obliged or prepared for it or even aware of who the man was - that during a hearing about something completely different.

The cynic in me says the parent was planted there to generate outrage among the Dems and their supporters. And now they've got their "story".

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't think he was either obliged or prepared for it or even aware of who the man was - that during a hearing about something completely different.

The cynic in me says the parent was planted there to generate outrage among the Dems and their supporters. And now they've got their "story".

I think that's definitely possible. However, again, this all could have been avoided with a simple handshake, a question about the identity of the person (if he didn't know) and then a "sorry for your loss" - all of ten seconds and would have looked a great deal better. Let's not pretend that he got bullrushed with no recourse here.

Lunatics, lunatics everywhere... Laura Loomer loomed and then stalked Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey after a hearing, demanding her Twitter checkmark back:

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/5/17824430/laura-loomer-billy-long-auctioneer-jack-dorsey

"I am a journalist". :facepalm:No, you're not. You're a pretender.

Somewhere in the background, Alex Jones can be heard choking on a pretzel.

14 hours ago, Buce said:

I can't help but be reminded of Squealer, Napoleon's mouthpiece in Animal Farm, every time Sarah Huckabee Sanders releases a press statement.

Her posting of the NY Times phone number really is a new low. I'm quite amazed that she's actually done it, encouraging all manner of nuts and cranks to call and harass.

6 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

Her posting of the NY Times phone number really is a new low. I'm quite amazed that she's actually done it, encouraging all manner of nuts and cranks to call and harass.

As that is likely the purpose, I'm not surprised at all.

Get your followers to go after the "fake news" without actually telling them to do so - pretty obvious, really.

Also, everyone's denying that they wrote the piece - if it turns out it was indeed Pence then I'd be amazed and amused in equal measure.

America is nothing but a joke to the world. I sincerely hope that this mess continues so that one day America will cease to exist and break up into small states. Then the rest of the world can just move on and get on with life. America is nothing but a warmongering nation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

America is nothing but a joke to the world. I sincerely hope that this mess continues so that one day America will cease to exist and break up into small states. Then the rest of the world can just move on and get on with life. America is nothing but a warmongering nation.

You realise who steps in to the role of shaping the World then? Russia with a President who says his border doesn't end. Seen the way they have behaving recently?

If this happens you are also effectively seeing the end of NATO and possibly the United Nations. 

My advice is be careful what you wish for.

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

You realise who steps in to the role of shaping the World then? Russia with a President who says his border doesn't end. Seen the way they have behaving recently?

If this happens you are also effectively seeing the end of NATO and possibly the United Nations. 

My advice is be careful what you wish for.

The United Nations and NATO will survive America. America treats both as nothing but a joke. Also the world would resist Russia.

NATO might not survive is all these populist right wing parties get into power and gain traction. 

They will see an end to a peaceful Europe and unfortunately Russia will move in if it hasn't already.

If you think that they've got their man in power in the Whitehouse, influenced enough to enable Brexit this is exactly what Russia wants, a weaker NATO. 

Sweden had been worried for years about Russia potentially attacking it and now they have right wing populist party gain a significant chunk of the vote. 

This doesn't look like a coincidence to me I'd be interested to see how much social media and Russia has influenced this election. It seems they have a system in place to get anti establishment parties a lot of recognition, it's very clever and they're several steps ahead of the rest of the world.

28 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

The United Nations and NATO will survive America. America treats both as nothing but a joke. Also the world would resist Russia.

As already mentioned, delusional - the world isn't resisting Russian now, let alone without America and NATO on the scene.

Were you asleep when they annexed the Crimea and shaped the Syrian civil war how they wanted?