Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Horizon: Zero Dawn

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I have known too many hype machines that have gone to shit, so I haven't pre-ordered. 

I will pick it up in a few months when it's cheaper though, I really like the concept. 

Totally understand that, and I've done the same with a few lately (held off on No Mans Sky - never ended up picking it up, luckily). Early reviews of this seem very, very good though. 

20 minutes ago, fleshdaddy said:

I part-exchanged my PS4 last week against a PS4 Pro and pre-ordered this at the same time. The bloke in GAME said it'd be the first game which would make proper use of the Pro's capabilities. Now he might've been spouting rascal advice but hopefully not! It looks incredible.

How much did they give you for your og ps4 just out of interest? Been thinking about doing the same myself

5 minutes ago, fleshdaddy said:

Totally understand that, and I've done the same with a few lately (held off on No Mans Sky - never ended up picking it up, luckily). Early reviews of this seem very, very good though. 

Yup, No Man's Sky was the final straw. Luckily I didn't pre-order it as I have friends who did and they all played for about 2 hours before being bored. You can buy it for a fiver now lol 

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

How much did they give you for your og ps4 just out of interest? Been thinking about doing the same myself

I got £120 for it I think. It was the 500GB version. I part-ex'd against a pre-owned PS4 Pro too, which was slightly cheaper.

My PS4 had started to develop an issue with the PSU. Sometimes it'd just turn on, flash the blue light, then turn off straight away - then you had to fiddle around with the PSU, plug it and unplug it etc. It always worked eventually and I'm sure there is a quick fix, I just wanted rid though. 

Glad I did it, the Pro is a great machine and have noticed improvements already. Can't wait for this game to test it out fully!

Have to say I've not seen much of this game but what little I have seen looks a bit too much like a reskin of Far Cry 3/4, both games which were well received by the community but I personally found a bit too dull and repetitive despite all the good that they had going for them.

On 22/02/2017 at 10:29, hairmetalgamer said:

Looks like the Witcher had a baby with Farcry Primal to me, not a bad thing

I said the exact same thing to a friend of mine. And also said because of that, it's a definite buy for me.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Adster said:

Anyone reckon it'll be available to pick up from Asda/Tesco after 5PM on day of release? The last 4 pre-orders I've done from Amazon have been over a week late.

Surprised by this tbh, been ordering games from Amazon for years and never got one late

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh I have

On numerous occasions! Never a week though I must admit

I think it was more Royal Mail than Amazon, as Amazon dispatched it the day before, as normal. Royal Mail lost each parcel so I had to cancel. Will not be pre-ordering with them again.