Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Horizon: Zero Dawn

As far as an "open world" games goes, does anyone else get frustrated by the lack of interior locations? Cauldrons aside, there's very few locations you can actually enter.

It also doesn't tidy up its side missions some times. There's an injured guy who I saved and found help for as either my first or second side mission. I'm over halfway through the game, probably 2-3 weeks of in game time, and if I go back to the Nora lands, he's still there!

Liking the game, but not as much as Fallout or Elder Scroll games.

On 29/04/2017 at 23:46, Trav Le Bleu said:

As far as an "open world" games goes, does anyone else get frustrated by the lack of interior locations? Cauldrons aside, there's very few locations you can actually enter.

It also doesn't tidy up its side missions some times. There's an injured guy who I saved and found help for as either my first or second side mission. I'm over halfway through the game, probably 2-3 weeks of in game time, and if I go back to the Nora lands, he's still there!

Liking the game, but not as much as Fallout or Elder Scroll games.

I agree with all of that.

I've just about finished the game now and on the whole, I'm disappointed with it. I was hoping for much more. Zero replay value either so I'll have it on eBay in a few days. 

1 hour ago, silebyboy said:

I agree with all of that.

I've just about finished the game now and on the whole, I'm disappointed with it. I was hoping for much more. Zero replay value either so I'll have it on eBay in a few days. 

Yeah, when you get the chance to choose a reply, fist/heart/brain, seems to have no effect.

got the platinum for this last night. Soon as I finished it I put it on Ebay and got £30 for it so happy days.

Whilst it is an undoubtedly beautiful looking game it became a chore at the end just to finish it. the ending wasn't great and it obviously held back to give rise to the inevitable sequel. 

10 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Despite the high reviews, there's still something to moan about then - not as perfect as many reviews would suggest?

Not by a long way. The open world really only exists as a place to restock your crafting materials (anyone else get REALLY annoyed by the amount of stuff you have to carry around because, even when maxed out, the ammo capacity of weapons is pathetic!)

There are huge swathes of the map you will never visit unless you do every last side mission, errand and collect all the collectibles. Even then, you'll miss bits. Missions themselves are very linear and tightly scripted - occasionally you might also trigger a cut-scene for a mission you've not acquired yet, but you are in the location that it takes you to and then you might get exactly the same thing when you actually do the mission

It's saving grace is the combat, which is great, very fluid and there's a good strategic element to it, particularly against the bigger robots, where you need to know your ammo and where to aim it. It's quite nice that later in the game you become so adept that areas you once feared to tread, you stroll through casually, knowing that the apex predator in that region is YOU!

It's not a bad game. It's very, VERY, pretty; the weather effects are amazing. I play with surround sound set up and when it starts raining, I feel positively miserable, even though I'm not wet! lol Which reminds me, the surround sound is superb. Part of that being the apex predator I mentioned earlier comes from knowing where robots are, even what kind of robot, just by sound. Also, in canyons, incredible echo effects.

Just don't expect, "OMG! Best game EVAH!"... which I notice has been said earlier in the thread, but I can only think you'd say that if you've not played too many other games.

On 07/05/2017 at 00:25, Trav Le Bleu said:

Not by a long way. The open world really only exists as a place to restock your crafting materials (anyone else get REALLY annoyed by the amount of stuff you have to carry around because, even when maxed out, the ammo capacity of weapons is pathetic!)

There are huge swathes of the map you will never visit unless you do every last side mission, errand and collect all the collectibles. Even then, you'll miss bits. Missions themselves are very linear and tightly scripted - occasionally you might also trigger a cut-scene for a mission you've not acquired yet, but you are in the location that it takes you to and then you might get exactly the same thing when you actually do the mission

It's saving grace is the combat, which is great, very fluid and there's a good strategic element to it, particularly against the bigger robots, where you need to know your ammo and where to aim it. It's quite nice that later in the game you become so adept that areas you once feared to tread, you stroll through casually, knowing that the apex predator in that region is YOU!

It's not a bad game. It's very, VERY, pretty; the weather effects are amazing. I play with surround sound set up and when it starts raining, I feel positively miserable, even though I'm not wet! lol Which reminds me, the surround sound is superb. Part of that being the apex predator I mentioned earlier comes from knowing where robots are, even what kind of robot, just by sound. Also, in canyons, incredible echo effects.

Just don't expect, "OMG! Best game EVAH!"... which I notice has been said earlier in the thread, but I can only think you'd say that if you've not played too many other games.

I think it's great, combat and story strong. Don't get the Cristism of the open world packed full of enemies side missions great scenery and collectibles. Crafting Ammo frequently is a bit annoying but it's easy enough, easily worth its review scores if you ask me.

Best game ever is obviously your typical over statement it will have done well to be in most peoples top 5 this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

I loved everything about this game. And will definitely be buying the sequel.

Also hoping for a bit of DLC expansion? Holding off selling it for a little while to see if anything like that occurs.

Pretty sure I read that DLC is coming for it

On 6/15/2017 at 07:57, Legend_in_blue said:

I've just picked this up from Amazon for 26 quid.  Should see me through to Origins in October.  

Depends on which difficulty you play on and how often you play. Platinum on normal took 50 hours and about 2 weeks :ph34r:

I started this last night and I'm very impressed. Defo glad I unlocked silent strike and lure call to start with. I'm just going round in the embrace to get pelts and level up before I carry on with the main story. Should keep me busy for a little while. 

On 2017-6-18 at 09:56, kingcarr21 said:

I started this last night and I'm very impressed. Defo glad I unlocked silent strike and lure call to start with. I'm just going round in the embrace to get pelts and level up before I carry on with the main story. Should keep me busy for a little while. 

Don't do that too long. The game rewards pushing forwards with better (and more varied) weapons and bigger prizes. Also, some of the best things you can do become available after certain missions and are not available through levelling up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Don't do that too long. The game rewards pushing forwards with better (and more varied) weapons and bigger prizes. Also, some of the best things you can do become available after certain missions and are not available through levelling up.

I just did the sidequests within the embrace. I am now in the village about to do the proving. I wont hang about too long as I want to take on some big machines

• 2 weeks later...

Little way into it now. It's just mind-boggling how big it is, almost to the point of annoyance. I like to know I've gotten near everything out of a game but I doubt I'll be arsed to bother to do all the extra errands etc. lol Enjoying it though for sure.

Edited by Libertine

• 2 weeks later...

Completed the main story yesterday. Forgot to go and get the secret armour before taking on the last mission, like an idiot! Still passed it though. Now to see how long I persevere with the side missions without the main story to thread it together. :P

• 3 months later...