Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

ideas for work/income for my girlfriend?

What about making videos to put on the internet, no not those sorts, Vlogging about make up. Loads of people do it, so it is probably a saturated market, but if she can do video tutorials of how to apply the make up she sells then the two things can complement each other. You might need a bit of help in monetising these things and maximising ad revenue. It's cheap easy and something she can do now while waiting for other opportunities.

3 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

still working on this as she is still off and we are currently in the court of tribunal fighting the fact that even though she has now been diagnosed with semicircular canal dehiscence and needs an operation on her skull to fix it, the DWP declared her fit for work even though she is struggling to do anything now.

her next bright idea was putting the cat in a beauty contest where you can win some money. If anyone fancies voting:

https://www.kingpet.co.uk/pets/5010571399802453-Jessie/

I wouldn't rely on the cat bringing home the cream, it's a bit of a munter lol.

Have you thought about match betting? It can become a full time job and should be taken seriously if approached in a serious/professional manner.  Think spread sheets, charts, all that jazz. 

Try oddsmonkey.com. 

I understand it may sound just like what it is, betting. But there's money to be made from relatively small outlay. 

On 7/26/2017 at 23:50, srbfox said:

Have you thought about match betting? It can become a full time job and should be taken seriously if approached in a serious/professional manner.  Think spread sheets, charts, all that jazz. 

Try oddsmonkey.com. 

I understand it may sound just like what it is, betting. But there's money to be made from relatively small outlay. 

I could do that however once im in im in! 

On 26/07/2017 at 17:52, Captain... said:

What about making videos to put on the internet, no not those sorts, Vlogging about make up. Loads of people do it, so it is probably a saturated market, but if she can do video tutorials of how to apply the make up she sells then the two things can complement each other. You might need a bit of help in monetising these things and maximising ad revenue. It's cheap easy and something she can do now while waiting for other opportunities.

I was thinking this too. You can potentially get a double dip, you have ads either before/within/after the vid (different locations pay different amounts) and she can also recommend products and have an affiliate/discount code so the viewer gets it cheaper and she gets a bit of commission on that sale.

If she's top drawer doing this sort of thing, then she can quickly get some money as she can build a following and then she can go to suppliers with a ready made fanbase to market to which they generally prefer. But she will have to put some effort in initially to get the vids shot, and edited and up on a Youtube channel. Don't worry about using a phone camera to record it, that should be fine for most, just make sure the sound is clear and it's well lit. 

All the best whatever you both do.

She any good with figures? Lots of one man band's etc pay someone to do a bit of book keeping before they get an accountant to finalise figures after 12 months. Do you know any body that's self employed you could approach. You would probably only need 2 or 3 clients to make up a half decent wage.

Other than that does she have a eBay shop for the makeup stuff? Instead of just selling as a individual seller. If she set up a proper shop and treated that as a job kept a full inventory and kept all postage receipts etc she could maybe make that work.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 19:08, Izzy Muzzett said:

Has your girlfriend considered working for herself?

If she's done telemarketing before she could easily set up her own business from home. No major overheads and she could even claim back the phone calls as a business expense. 

I used a telemarketer called Pat years ago who was self employed. When she made calls on my behalf she just introduced herself as working for my company (the prospects didn't know/don't care). I paid her £100 per appointment she made for me, and sometimes she'd book 4 or 5 a day so made good money. She made the calls casually from her home and at the times that suited her - I just gave her a list of prospects and a script and she did the rest.

If your girlfriend could find a few local SME's who need a telemarketer, she could make a nice little living doing this and on her own terms. Decent telemarketers are always in demand and it's cheaper for small businesses to employ one man bands than go through a big telemarketing company. The prospect on the end of the phone doesn't know either way...

Anyway, just putting it out there as an option!

where do I sign up? lol 

Archived