Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea was the final straw

True, some of them like Huth or Drinkwater have gone quiet a good while ago but others who used to be key players under CR like Morgan, Vardy, Mahrez, Simpson, Fuchs remain silent as nothing has changed. Can't say if thats good or bad! We certainly don't want to find bodies in the locker room at this moment in time. It's sad though only Kasper, Shinji and Benny (of all people!) had enough decency (or composure) to thank Ranieri for what he's done. I wonder if the situation in the dressing room was that bad :/ 

Here's hoping the shit storm will quiet down over the next few weeks and most of the knob heads hating us on social media will bore off and move on to other targets. Shake it Shakey, come on rattle & roll :appl:

I suppose it would be too much to ask for the writer to do their research properly, although maybe they just don't know that Yohan Benalouane and Shinji Okazaki play for us.

That isn't Shinji's Instagram. The club apparently told Jason Bourne that he isn't on Instagram.

Also the article was published around the time Benny posted his post. Not sure which happened first.

7 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm really sad reading that.

The way he went in to the training ground to collect his belongings after the players had left.

What a shitty ending to a wonderful fairy-tale. 

His cheque for UKP3M was probably waiting for him.  Yes it is sad, and we will never forget what he achieved for us. Just a shame he did not resign rather than have to be sacked.  A very proud and wonderful man, BUT we need to get out of this mess.  God bless as Owners. 

7 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Awful, bitter end. Mancini won't come since he's friends with Claudio.

I'm struggling to hold any hope that any decent manager/coach is going to come here. Don't get me wrong, I was in the ranieri out brigade, I don't agree with the timing, but it was coming. But who in their right mind is going to come here? From the outside looking in it looks like we've just fired the guy who beat football last season. 

I think Shakespeare is our best hope this season.

9 hours ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Ridiculous, make their decision even more questionable.

Unless it was internal dressing room matter they can't discuss in open.... You can't sack the manager who acheived the greatest achievement possibly ever in football. We've been relegated loads of times, but winning the premier league for a club like ours is once in a 100 years. 

Disgraceful that so many on FT were calling for his head after Swansea too. 

If we are judges by our behaviour and ethics, We deserve to be relegated for this alone, let alone our shambolic performances.

Football is a billion pound industry, there's little to no room for sentiment. In my opinion the owners have given him as long as possible to rectify the situation. A manager stands and falls by the team performance, he designs the tactics, training drills, formation etc. Can you really stand by and watch the level of achievement this season, wether this is a repeated act of defiance by the players to perform because of CR remains to be seen, but change was needed to address our slide out of the premiere league, of that I'm certain. I cried when we won the league last year, it was truly incredible, but we have to let go and move on. 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

The worst thing about this is that some fvcking moron is shouting their mouth off about the details.

Club privacy is like a sieve at the moment.

Really?

seems to me that a decent supply of reliable information  would help as at the moment it's just a drip of 'sourced' crap 

as an example

vichai left not long after the game and flew back

he was in London thurs afternoon buying wine

thr players didn't land until thurs pm and Claudio was told by rudkin shortly afterwards

so any meeting between players and owner couldn't have been after the Sevilla game .

wonder if the players spoke to the owner before the game when Claudio changed the shape of the team ?? Trying to work out why now if no candidate exists to take over. May as well have waited until Tuesday - only explanation I can see is that the owners lost trust in the managers ability to make sensible decisions. Recall it happened at spurs with ramos - relieved of his duties 11pm, night before a game. 

Archived