Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Slimani Contract Clause?

1 hour ago, City1884 said:

I may be on my own here, but I think people are being a bit short sighted with regards to Slimani.........

yes, his transfer fee was inflated, and we haven't seen anywhere near enough from him to warrant the £30m price tag, however..........

People are stating Mahrez is worth over £30m, and I'm sure if someone came in for Vardy in the summer, everyone would want us to get £30m for him, and yet they've hardly been showing £30m worth of form this season yet either!

I believe we could be about to see more from Slimani in this new, rejuvenated Shakespeare era.

The whole team was lacking in confidence until 4 games ago, service to the strikers was extremely poor, and energy throughout the team was lacking.

I honestly don't believe Slimani was playing any worse than the likes of Mahrez and Vardy were, and he still managed to nick a few goals. 

Personally, I'd like to see him get a proper run in the side alongside Vardy now, and then we can really judge him. If the goals don't come during this improved period, then there will be no defending him, and we should then try to sell to the highest bidder we can muster.

But if we are judging him (and the rest of the team for that matter) on the first 6 months of this season, surely we'd be wanting to sell just about everyone??

In my mind, I'll be treating his next first team start as his debut, and I'll start forming my opinions then.............

I think you maybe disappointed as i believe he will be on his way as well as Musa ....if Shakey gets the gig...personally massively over inflated price and not worth the wages plus yet to be convinced by his attitude 

7 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I think you maybe disappointed as i believe he will be on his way as well as Musa ....if Shakey gets the gig...personally massively over inflated price and not worth the wages plus yet to be convinced by his attitude 

What are his wages?

2 hours ago, City1884 said:

I may be on my own here, but I think people are being a bit short sighted with regards to Slimani.........

yes, his transfer fee was inflated, and we haven't seen anywhere near enough from him to warrant the £30m price tag, however..........

People are stating Mahrez is worth over £30m, and I'm sure if someone came in for Vardy in the summer, everyone would want us to get £30m for him, and yet they've hardly been showing £30m worth of form this season yet either!

I believe we could be about to see more from Slimani in this new, rejuvenated Shakespeare era.

The whole team was lacking in confidence until 4 games ago, service to the strikers was extremely poor, and energy throughout the team was lacking.

I honestly don't believe Slimani was playing any worse than the likes of Mahrez and Vardy were, and he still managed to nick a few goals. 

Personally, I'd like to see him get a proper run in the side alongside Vardy now, and then we can really judge him. If the goals don't come during this improved period, then there will be no defending him, and we should then try to sell to the highest bidder we can muster.

But if we are judging him (and the rest of the team for that matter) on the first 6 months of this season, surely we'd be wanting to sell just about everyone??

In my mind, I'll be treating his next first team start as his debut, and I'll start forming my opinions then.............

So far i am a bit unimpressed..... however  he has some good qualities.  As i said before he has a choice.  He can sulk and go to another club.... but that won't be in the pl and it wont be on pl wages in other countries..... or.... he can figure out the parts of his game whete improvement will make him great and apply some delibetate practice to make himself as good as deany or rondon or benteke....

He has this chance..... if he puts in the effort i will support him.

Vardy worked hard for a year to adjust to the championship and "the biggest defenders he had ever seen"

If slimani won't put in the effort he will get to retirement wishing he had.

I hope he applies himself .... he could be great

On 28/03/2017 at 21:56, davieG said:

Leicester City could be paying another €500k for the transfer of Islam Slimani at the end of the season, according to updates from Portugal.

Record newspaper claims the deal between Sporting and the Foxes includes a clause which forces the English club to pay €500k every time the striker reaches 15 appearances for them.

This amount had already been paid earlier this season, as Slimani currently has 21 games. Now, with ten Premier League fixtures left plus the Champions League games, Sporting are hopeful he’ll be getting nine more matches.

Leicester have already paid €30.5m for the transfer, and Record don’t seem to know the limits of this clause, although this could be dragged for a few seasons.

Slimani has scored only six goals for Leicester City so far, so even though the agreed bonuses could reach up to €5m, it’s unlikely that he’ll reach any scoring objectives in his first year at the club.

Should the clause go to the last couple of games of the season, and Slimani not be needed, then there’s every chance Leicester could choose to rest him and keep the €500k.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-get-e15m-discount-midfielder-fine-opportunity/

This has got to be one of the worst piece of business done by this club if this is true,but surely our owners would not stump up £25m+ plus an extra £500k for every 15 games played surely not??

On 3/30/2017 at 20:43, TJB-fox said:

Just doesn't suit us. Put him into West Brom, Palace etc he'd be great I think. Even reckon he'd thrive somewhere like Spurs or Everton, obviously wouldn't start over Kane or Lukaku, our system is so unique

Exactly, we play different than the rest of the Prem league one can argue. He needs a team that focuses on playing deep into the opponents half and sets up plays from the wings. 

what stuck out for me today was when slimani played a nice pass to the left wing for chilwell. slimani run's into the box waiting for a cross. instead of crossing, chilwell waited for support from fuchs and ndidi then played quick 1-2's in a triangle around the stoke defence. slimani really doesn't suite our style of play.

11 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

what stuck out for me today was when slimani played a nice pass to the left wing for chilwell. slimani run's into the box waiting for a cross. instead of crossing, chilwell waited for support from fuchs and ndidi then played quick 1-2's in a triangle around the stoke defence. slimani really doesn't suite our style of play.

Surely that was to use up some time.

31 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

And what should a striker do? Get in the box... I agree he doesn't suit your counter-attack playstyle, but that play wasn't one that you can indeed say he doesn't suit your playstyle. You have many plays in other games where he did things that aren't supposed to do in your style of play but that wasn't one of them. Slimani is a striker of a team that plays in the opponent's half and doesn't let the opponent have the ball. Leicester play counter attacking football, that isn't his style unfortunately. And he does thrive on crosses, but not only crosses, he can score 1vs1 and with his feet.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 17:57, City1884 said:

Shinji and Vardy for me anytime, I think Shinji compliments Vardy well.

9 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

And what should a striker do? Get in the box... I agree he doesn't suit your counter-attack playstyle, but that play wasn't one that you can indeed say he doesn't suit your playstyle. You have many plays in other games where he did things that aren't supposed to do in your style of play but that wasn't one of them. Slimani is a striker of a team that plays in the opponent's half and doesn't let the opponent have the ball. Leicester play counter attacking football, that isn't his style unfortunately. And he does thrive on crosses, but only crosses, he can score 1vs1 and with his feet.

Here we go again....

he actually did alright today today won a couple of headers and generally held it up ok, but agree he should have got in the box at that point. Chilwell had no one to aim at because of this. 

Okazaki was class today and Vardy as well, so no chance of him getting a chance soon barring an injury.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Here we go again....

he actually did alright today today won a couple of headers and generally held it up ok, but agree he should have got in the box at that point. Chilwell had no one to aim at because of this. 

Okazaki was class today and Vardy as well, so no chance of him getting a chance soon barring an injury.

Yes, I agree, Leicester are playing great no need to change the team. That is why I said, the best thing for him is to go out in the summer. 

Archived