Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Slimani Contract Clause?

lol

It's funny to blame Rudkin but in fairness we should never have been in for him in the first place. If the scouts told him this bloke was worth all this money and hassle he was right to do as he was told.

Now, if we were in for a better striker and he didn't get that deal over the line so we went after Slimani instead, then that's a different matter....

5 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

I imagine this is a fairly common clause in contracts these days, much ado about nothing. 

This. The problem isn't with Rudkin; it's with whoever sanctioned the deal in the first place. Dilly ding, dilly dong.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Slimani wasn't Albert - particularly at that price. It's true we tracked him, but he always felt he was too expensive.

And whilst Mendy was on the list, he wasn't his number one - Gueye was. 

His top targets this summer were Bolasie, Keane, Deeney and Gueye.

Oooohh ITK fight!

On 29/03/2017 at 12:24, Abrasive fox said:

Slimani wasn't Albert - particularly at that price. It's true we tracked him, but he always felt he was too expensive.

And whilst Mendy was on the list, he wasn't his number one - Gueye was. 

His top targets this summer were Bolasie, Keane, Deeney and Gueye.

Any ideas about the Ndidi signing - was he somewhere on the list already or should full credit go to Macia?

1 hour ago, USFox said:

I still think Slimani is a top class striker, he just doesn't fit with the needs of this team. Would like to see him go to another Prem League side or the Bundesliga, I think he'd do well there.

Just doesn't suit us. Put him into West Brom, Palace etc he'd be great I think. Even reckon he'd thrive somewhere like Spurs or Everton, obviously wouldn't start over Kane or Lukaku, our system is so unique

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Any ideas about the Ndidi signing - was he somewhere on the list already or should full credit go to Macia?

Honestly don't know on this one - whoever was behind it deserves a lot of credit.

If it was Walsh Everton may have been sniffing, which they weren't so could have been Macia.

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Just doesn't suit us. Put him into West Brom, Palace etc he'd be great I think. Even reckon he'd thrive somewhere like Spurs or Everton, obviously wouldn't start over Kane or Lukaku, our system is so unique

Lukaku is leaving, apparantly. 

But if I were him, I'd finish my career in China if those rumours of a 400-500k/week salary were true. Plus the average height in china is like 5'7 so he can strive even more with those headers. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

He wouldn't start over Kane or Lukaku because he's not in the same class as either of those two players. Sod the system.

On 3/29/2017 at 13:21, Kitchandro said:

lol

It's funny to blame Rudkin but in fairness we should never have been in for him in the first place. If the scouts told him this bloke was worth all this money and hassle he was right to do as he was told.

Now, if we were in for a better striker and he didn't get that deal over the line so we went after Slimani instead, then that's a different matter....

Do you know what Kitch lad, you can have a 1+ for that.

Good for you. 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

He wouldn't start over Kane or Lukaku because he's not in the same class as either of those two players. Sod the system.

Sad thing is he's probably (albeit at the moment) not better than Rondon or Beneteke never mind the higher up the league examples!

3 Posts in a row I need to calm down. 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Sad thing is he's probably (albeit at the moment) not better than Rondon or Beneteke never mind the higher up the league examples!

3 Posts in a row I need to calm down. 

Wtf are you on? Did you get yer leg over last night or summat?

lol

For his transfer fee, it's quite over-inflated considering he's really on par with Ulloa in terms of attributes etc.

Had expected more from him to be honest with the fee involved.

I may be on my own here, but I think people are being a bit short sighted with regards to Slimani.........

yes, his transfer fee was inflated, and we haven't seen anywhere near enough from him to warrant the £30m price tag, however..........

People are stating Mahrez is worth over £30m, and I'm sure if someone came in for Vardy in the summer, everyone would want us to get £30m for him, and yet they've hardly been showing £30m worth of form this season yet either!

I believe we could be about to see more from Slimani in this new, rejuvenated Shakespeare era.

The whole team was lacking in confidence until 4 games ago, service to the strikers was extremely poor, and energy throughout the team was lacking.

I honestly don't believe Slimani was playing any worse than the likes of Mahrez and Vardy were, and he still managed to nick a few goals. 

Personally, I'd like to see him get a proper run in the side alongside Vardy now, and then we can really judge him. If the goals don't come during this improved period, then there will be no defending him, and we should then try to sell to the highest bidder we can muster.

But if we are judging him (and the rest of the team for that matter) on the first 6 months of this season, surely we'd be wanting to sell just about everyone??

In my mind, I'll be treating his next first team start as his debut, and I'll start forming my opinions then.............

Archived