Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Slimani Contract Clause?

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

True, but to be fair it isn't just Walsh who left in the last 2 years.

Fingers crossed we do a bit better in the summer.

I've no doubt the owners/club will learn from any mistakes made this year

sounds like a reasonable negotiation to me (Obvs depending on full details) but we buy him at a lower cost... if he doesnt live up and doesn't play many games (eg Musa?) we dont pay as much.

8 hours ago, Albert said:

Every player we signed apart from Benny was a Walsh signing. The majority of players we sign are tracked for 2yrs+.

Just because the head of recruitment leaves doesn't mean the whole scouting network collapses. 

Guessing Ranieri was a Benny fan? Quite an obvious answer, as we all love Benny, but I wonder if Ranners knew Benny from his days in Ligue 1 and brought him in. 

Interesting insight. 

9 hours ago, Albert said:

I suppose everyone pointing the finger at Rudkin again would be praising him if we hadn't of signed Slim after this article came about saying we refused to sign him due to this clause?? 

Or would people be moaning because we we didn't agree to the clause and we can't seem to get transfers over the line? 

I'd be thinking, thank god we missed out on someone who doesn't even fit into our style of play.

Even if this is true, I can't see him playing another 9 games for us. It's clear Shinji and Vardy are 1st choice, so unless 1 gets injured, I can't see him playing much. And even if he does play 9 more games, £500 isn't a lot of money, although adding these extra bonuses onto what we've already paid is making the Slimani deal look worse and worse. We won't get anywhere near the money we paid for him unless one of the stupid Chinese clubs comes in 

11 hours ago, davieG said:

Record newspaper claims the deal between Sporting and the Foxes includes a clause which forces the English club to pay €500k every time the striker reaches 15 appearances for them.

This amount had already been paid earlier this season, as Slimani currently has 21 games. Now, with ten Premier League fixtures left plus the Champions League games, Sporting are hopeful he’ll be getting nine more matches.

That works out nicely, we play him as sub in 8 games and he'll no doubt be injured for the rest of them....then it's off to China me ol' Sunshine.....10million in the bank and 1 massive liability less to contend with....I hope my Algerian Cloak of invisibility is working OK lol

I think the reason the situation with Slim (Musa and Mendy included too) is a bit of a chip on everyone's shoulders is because we've never had the luxury of spending that much money on a players who've had relatively low impact on the season. Obviously we don't have the same spending power, but you look at the amounts other premier league teams have spent on players who've done close to nothing for them - Carroll for liverpool, Janssen for Spurs, Gundogan, Mangala and about 20 others for City... the list goes on. Regardless of price, Slimani has been injured for the majority of the season, had AFCON and also was part of a team that has been utterly hopeless for the most part since we won the title. Let's be honest, he hasn't looked fit or ready through no real fault of his own. Unless he fancies that move to China I don't see any reason to ship him off just yet and he could still be useful for us. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Deeney ?

That would prove my point, was Deeney really ever likely to leave Watford and I'm sure he signed his contract well before the end of the window so pursuing him wouldn't have strengthened our negotiations with Sporting.

Synoptically it seems Rudkin is under qualified and a terrible director of football teansfer negotiations aren't simple. Sporting have a history of selling players on for a large profit margin, I don't think this is particularly his fault although I'd definitely rather have Paul Mitchell in the role however.

12 hours ago, Albert said:

Every player we signed apart from Benny was a Walsh signing. The majority of players we sign are tracked for 2yrs+.

Just because the head of recruitment leaves doesn't mean the whole scouting network collapses. 

Slimani wasn't Albert - particularly at that price. It's true we tracked him, but he always felt he was too expensive.

And whilst Mendy was on the list, he wasn't his number one - Gueye was. 

His top targets this summer were Bolasie, Keane, Deeney and Gueye.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Slimani wasn't Albert - particularly at that price. It's true we tracked him, but he always felt he was too expensive.

And whilst Mendy was on the list, he wasn't his number one - Gueye was. 

His top targets this summer were Bolasie, Keane, Deeney and Gueye.

I agree, Gueye and Keane who are having very good seasons were wanted by Walsh. They were players we could have realistically signed. 

Archived