Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fazzyfox

2nd Leg Centre Back replacement

2nd leg Centre Back replacement  

255 members have voted

1. 1. If Morgan cannot be stretchered onto the pitch who should partner Benny?

• Wasilewski
    • Amartey
    • Fuchs with Chilwell at LB
    • Er, anyone got Walshy's phone number
    • Other

24 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He has almost another week to recover. It would be great for him to come back too, as he deserves to play some part in our biggest ever match.

Huth will be a huge loss though, I thought he was incredible tonight. Benny just pipped him to MOTM

Yeah i'm hoping - we're very lucky we've got some great backroom members who have always done a great job at keeping the lads going through knocks - Shakey himself in the post game conference gave the strong impression it's a big priority to try and get him ready.

Huth was brillant - sadly he's always going to get booked in the majority of games so it wasn't a huge shock that he didn't get through tonight. Hopefully Benny can replicate his performance alongside Morgan come Tuesday :):scarf:

2 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Yeah i'm hoping - we're very lucky we've got some great backroom members who have always done a great job at keeping the lads going through knocks - Shakey himself in the post game conference gave the strong impression it's a big priority to try and get him ready.

Huth was brillant - sadly he's always going to get booked in the majority of games so it wasn't a huge shock that he didn't get through tonight. Hopefully Benny can replicate his performance alongside Morgan come Tuesday :):scarf:

If you had told me Huth would be our only casualty from tonight and we got to have Vardy and N'didi for the return leg, then I would have taken that.

Huth a big loss but could have been all 3! Morgan will be fit I reckon :thumbup:

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

If you had told me Huth would be our only casualty from tonight and we got to have Vardy and N'didi for the return leg, then I would have taken that.

Huth a big loss but could have been all 3! Morgan will be fit I reckon :thumbup:

Oh man i was almost sure we would loose Vardy tonight :sweating:, I think thats why i've not completly lost it over their pen decision lol

We need somehow to get Ndidi a bit further up the pitch next time - he did a great job infront of the back 4 tonight, but he's got some Yaya-esque qualities when he's heading forward, if we can tweek little aspects like this then we've got a shout here :scarf:

1 minute ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Oh man i was almost sure we would loose Vardy tonight :sweating:, I think thats why i've not completly lost it over their pen decision lol

We need somehow to get Ndidi a bit further up the pitch next time - he did a great job infront of the back 4 tonight, but he's got some Yaya-esque qualities when he's heading forward, if we can tweek little aspects like this then we've got a shout here :scarf:

Totally agree on N'didi. Was so deep, he was almost a 3rd CB at times. When King came on, it was Drinky who looked like he was pushing forward out of the 3. Think N'didi or King would have been better at that, but can't blame him for dropping deep to keep the score down. Marked Griezmann out of the game 2nd half. 

Couple of tackles by Vardy where I thought the biased ref would flash the yellow card but he calmed down 2nd half and I was relieved when he got subbed as Simeone was trying his hardest to get him booked

6 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

Let's be honest, would either Huth or Wes perform any better in CM or RB for that matter? Different job so you can base your judgement on that

I'd give him the game at the weekend at CB and see how he performs - he may be better than you expect

If you read what I put. Those faults won't improve dependent on position, in fact they will be evem more exposed there.  

I'm not sure how good Fuchs would be at centre half and I'm not sure how much confidence I'd have in Chilwell against Athletico.

Was is dependable but with almost no game time for months it would be a risk.

Amartey hasn't looked comfortable on the ball but then at centre back we'd be relying on his ability to block and punt more than control.

Thing is I'm not sure how much confidence the team have in Amartey. And that's a massive decider for me. I'd love to play Amartey against both Palace and Athletico - but I'm not sure one game at centre half will be enough for Amartey so it's Was for me.

7 hours ago, foxhateram said:

I get what you are saying, but in midfield he constantly gave the ball away, committed silly fouls, let players drift past him and had the ball control of a fat virgin. He barely looked like a footballer. 

If he gets the chance, I hope he can prove me wrong. But he looks way out of his depth, especially at rb.

Surely fat virgins have great ball control?

The fact he played CB for Copenhagen gives me more confidence to be fair. One game to embed himself into that position for us after rarely commanding performances all season though? A big ask.

8 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Surely fat virgins have great ball control?

The fact he played CB for Copenhagen gives me more confidence to be fair. One game to embed himself into that position for us after rarely commanding performances all season though? A big ask.

Haha the simile didn't work admittedly. I meant fat female. But maybe it's slightly innapropriate now looking back haha.

I hope you are right, but he worries me as a player full stop. Much like Musa, he doesn't seem to be able to kick or control a ball properly. 

11 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'm not sure how good Fuchs would be at centre half and I'm not sure how much confidence I'd have in Chilwell against Athletico.

Was is dependable but with almost no game time for months it would be a risk.

Amartey hasn't looked comfortable on the ball but then at centre back we'd be relying on his ability to block and punt more than control.

Thing is I'm not sure how much confidence the team have in Amartey. And that's a massive decider for me. I'd love to play Amartey against both Palace and Athletico - but I'm not sure one game at centre half will be enough for Amartey so it's Was for me.

Was isn't in the squad chap.  Fuchs played cb for us when we went into the 3-5-2 formation in the great escape season. He is solid there. I do worry about Chilly though, it is games like this where we miss Schlupp's pace at breaking out.

20 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Was isn't in the squad chap.  Fuchs played cb for us when we went into the 3-5-2 formation in the great escape season. He is solid there. I do worry about Chilly though, it is games like this where we miss Schlupp's pace at breaking out.

Didn't Fuchs come the summer after the great Escape? I recall that back 3 as Wes Was and Huth. 

I don't think that we should change from 442. It is the formation that works for our team. Experiment in the PL, when we are sure that we are safe. 

7 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Didn't Fuchs come the summer after the great Escape? I recall that back 3 as Wes Was and Huth. 

I don't think that we should change from 442. It is the formation that works for our team. Experiment in the PL, when we are sure that we are safe. 

I do beg your pardon, you are correct. I'm sure he has played cb for us though at some point? Can't think why he would have done though. Maybe it was for Austria? I have definately seen him play cb.

Not sure why everyone is looking past Amartey at CB. I know the AFCON is no World Cup, but it's still impressive to be named in the team of the tournament at CB. 

I also wouldn't want Fuchs moved from LB, as I don't think Chilwell is strong enough defensively yet

Archived