Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fazzyfox

2nd Leg Centre Back replacement

2nd leg Centre Back replacement  

255 members have voted

1. 1. If Morgan cannot be stretchered onto the pitch who should partner Benny?

• Wasilewski
    • Amartey
    • Fuchs with Chilwell at LB
    • Er, anyone got Walshy's phone number
    • Other

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

Three at the back maybe, Fuchs, Benalouane and Simpson.

Otherwise potentially try Fuchs as a central defender but not sure Chilwell is cut to cope with Atletico

Beat me to it, you are obviously very intelligent as well.

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I still feel people saying 'Amartey is poor' is harsh. He hardly ever starts and is always played out of position. He played cb for Copenhagen and plays their regularly for Ghana. If we give him a chance at cb and he still doesn't perform then I'll agree with you. But I think it's harsh to slate a player who never plays their natural position 

I get what you are saying, but in midfield he constantly gave the ball away, committed silly fouls, let players drift past him and had the ball control of a fat virgin. He barely looked like a footballer. 

If he gets the chance, I hope he can prove me wrong. But he looks way out of his depth, especially at rb.

29 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Helps having a decent CM in front of him. 

True but he still made some great tackles. 

I'd play Fuchs even if it means Chillwell on the left. We never saw Amartey as CB and it's not easy to come in in such a game. Pairing him with Benny, who's still adjusting a bit, is a risk I wouldn't take. A mistake can be fatal against a team like Athletico and a certain understanding is required between the two CBs to coordinate the defense. You just can't patch it in a hurry, it would cost us dearly.

We have to start Amartey at CB on Saturday and give him (albeit too little) time to build some kind of understanding with the back 4. He's not a right back that is clear, so judging him at that position is unfair in my opinion. Like another poster said, cb at Copenhagen and Ghana - where he made the afcon team of the tournament?

28 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Am I crazy for suggesting Amartey? Going forward it will be a different game at the KP. It's likely will we will revert back to our high pressing, high intensity game. This could leave us open to the counter, which Amartey's pace would deal with better than Benny.

After Amartey's shocker on Saturday, he's due a good game. That's what he does. Could be a good partner for Wes.

It's not an option of Amartey instead of Benny, it's most likely who plays with Benny. Huth is suspended and Morgan is injured and might not be back.

#prayforWes

... and if he breaks down put Daniel on. I refuse to believe that one of the 2 best CB's at AFCON can't do a job for us. At least he and Benny would be a lot faster than Huth or Morgan, when the inevitable counter-attacks come.

Anyone actually watch his AFCON games?

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

After seeing Amartey on Sunday I'd seriously think about playing Leo there.

Leo could play well as a CB, but perhaps test him in another match first! 

Amartey as CB with Benny at Palace please. let them get used to each other. 

Morgan or Amartey. 

Love Wasil but surely would struggle against that attack and Amartey got into the team of the tournament at CB in the AFCON.

Try him there against Palace 

I have a hunch that Wes will be fit though

1 hour ago, foxhateram said:

I get what you are saying, but in midfield he constantly gave the ball away, committed silly fouls, let players drift past him and had the ball control of a fat virgin. He barely looked like a footballer. 

If he gets the chance, I hope he can prove me wrong. But he looks way out of his depth, especially at rb.

Let's be honest, would either Huth or Wes perform any better in CM or RB for that matter? Different job so you can base your judgement on that

I'd give him the game at the weekend at CB and see how he performs - he may be better than you expect

I'm pretty confident we can see Morgan back on Tuesday, otherwise it's gotta be Amartey - and if he looks really shakey then Shakey will have to swap him and Ndidi around probably, not ideal for our midfield - but we have at least got just under a week to get into training and try to bodge it as much as we can.

57 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I'm pretty confident we can see Morgan back on Tuesday, otherwise it's gotta be Amartey - and if he looks really shakey then Shakey will have to swap him and Ndidi around probably, not ideal for our midfield - but we have at least got just under a week to get into training and try to bodge it as much as we can.

He has almost another week to recover. It would be great for him to come back too, as he deserves to play some part in our biggest ever match.

Huth will be a huge loss though, I thought he was incredible tonight. Benny just pipped him to MOTM

Archived