Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fazzyfox

2nd Leg Centre Back replacement

2nd leg Centre Back replacement  

255 members have voted

1. 1. If Morgan cannot be stretchered onto the pitch who should partner Benny?

• Wasilewski
    • Amartey
    • Fuchs with Chilwell at LB
    • Er, anyone got Walshy's phone number
    • Other

People wanting Fuchs are basically destabilising 2 positions rather than one, whoch against these is not something we should be doing

Amartey is the only option. Chilwell against this lot would be a mistake, we need all of the experience of Fuchs down that side.

2 hours ago, foxhateram said:

I do beg your pardon, you are correct. I'm sure he has played cb for us though at some point? Can't think why he would have done though. Maybe it was for Austria? I have definately seen him play cb.

Was it Chelsea at home this season in a three?

10 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

3rd yellow in CL. Previous were Copenhagen A and Porto H.

This is a new rule or what ? They must not be counting the old yellow cards but only a sequential two yellow cards in two successive games.

Fuchs played in a back 3 against Chelsea at home. We lost 0-3 and the whole team was terrible but Fuchs specifically was diabolical. Plus, I'm not sure I trust Chilwell against Atletico.  

Morgan will get a boat load of injections, massage and cryotherapy and will play, but it is likely we could see Amartey come in to the mid-field with Ndidi and Drinkwater pushed further forward as others have mentioned elsewhere:

What about:

KS

DS YB WM CF

DA WN

RM    DD    MA

JV

Morgan is ok when Huth is on song and directing. I don't think he's good as the leader of the two despite him being captain. It worries me that after a month out he's our best (only) bet but says more about recruitment than anything else 

Reading this thread is pretty terrifying:

1. The number of people that would pick Was despite not being in the squad

2. Want move Fuchs from LB now he's got his mojo back

3. Forgot how terrible he (Christian) was at CB when playing there (Chelsea)

4. Our lack of options if Wes isn't back

5. People thinking Amartey is either shit or amazing. He'd be ok but hasn't played there for us this season (hopefully he has in training)

Shakey made a comment about formation changes, so it might be that. I just worry that we aren't great with 5/3 at the back and it would leave AM a lot of room on the wings. 

I think it will be same team as last night but with Wes stepping in for Huth (I think he'll make it and then collapse). 

Would love to see Slim/Vard start. 

I suspect Wes will play despite not being fully fit (with an appropriate painkilling injection or two) but as a contingency I think Amartey should play v Palace alongside Huth (we have to rest Benny as an injury to him at Selhurst Park turns a drama into a full-blown crisis).

More importantly, though, we have to attack and score first because if they go 1-0 up it could be curtains. Which means Slimani (who scores goals) in for Okazaki (who doesn't) and lots of crosses, long throws and corners to make their defenders uncomfortable.

Absolutely agree should be Slim up front in place of Oka. For the centre backs I would love to see Wasl but we need someone with pace to counter Grieze and Torres so if it's not Cap'n Wes it should be Daniel Amartey. I have a feeling that Wes will be there though on pain killers if necessary but just hope he dont break down like Vincent Kompany after 5 mins giving us another mountain to clamber. 

Archived