Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave123

Sorry but you can't buy a ticket with gold membership, you need silver membership

Once tickets go on sale to silver members then that's it for gold members, you're not allowed to buy a ticket.

I'll hold my hands up and say I missed the gold window for the Watford game - circumstances meant I wasn't able to buy it at the time. But its a bit frustrating knowing that there are tickets left but the club won't let me buy one. All of my silver member friends are happily buying tickets but I'm the one that can't get one even though I paid extra for my membership. 

I tried asking the ticket office if there's anything that they could do, but no. I even asked if they could downgrade my membership, but no joy. The guy on the phone just kept talking about the T&C's, and talking to me like I'm an idiot because I didn't buy my ticket already (but I couldn't at the time).

I've effectively been turned down for a ticket because my membership is too high.

I wonder, would it not be better next season if gold members weren't cut off like that, and were still allowed to buy tickets in the silver window.

Plus if gold members could buy in the silver window then gold members and silver members could buy tickets together and sit together without having to make separate transactions and then phoning the club to ask for seats to be moved so they're all in the same place (which is what I usually have to do). Silver members wouldn't lose out at all because they're not losing their place in the queue, everyone's a winner :-)

For this situation in particular, it's not even about the 500 tickets they hold back for the silver window, because he says even after those 500 tickets are sold I'm still not allowed to buy any. The ticket office guy just went on about how silver members are meant to have priority over gold members because of the T&C's. Don't get me wrong, I understand how the system currently works, I was just wondering if it could be improved for next season; I bet I'm not the only person that's been stung by this system.

then you'd get silver members moaning that gold members are buying tickets in their window? What's the point in a silver membership if gold members can take up tickets in their window?

Just accept you missed the window for whatever circumstance and let other people have the chance to buy their tickets as they have the right to. 

You can't have it both ways. 

16 minutes ago, dave123 said:

Gutted I can't buy a ticket for the Watford home game. It turns out that once they go on sale to silver members then that's it for gold members, you're not allowed to buy any.

I'll hold my hands up and say I missed the gold window - circumstances meant I wasn't able to buy them at the time. But its a bit frustrating knowing that there are tickets left but the club won't let me buy one. All of my silver member friends are happily buying tickets but I'm the one that can't get one even though I paid extra for my membership. 

I tried asking the ticket office if there's anything that they could do, but no. I even asked if they could downgrade my membership, but no joy. The guy on the phone just kept talking about the T&C's, and talking to me like I'm an idiot because I didn't buy my ticket already.

I've effectively been turned down for a ticket because my membership is too high.

I wonder, would it not be better next season if gold members weren't cut off like that, and were still allowed to buy tickets in the silver window. It's not even about the 500 tickets they hold back for the silver window, because he says even after those 500 tickets are sold I'm still not allowed to buy any. The unfriendly ticket office guy just went on about how silver members are meant to have priority over gold members because of the T&C's. I understand how the system works, I was just wondering if it could be improved for next season; I bet I'm not the only person that's been stung by this system.

lol you knew the gig when you took the membership

however i agree our membership scheme is a rip off and very disjointed

It's due to the guarantee of tickets - you have 1500 set aside on your priority level, silver has 500. If all Gold members were able to buy during the silver window then their guarantee tickets may quickly evaporate. I would be surprised if this sold out on silver and you will have another opportunity to purchase when this drops to City Fox members, at which point you can also purchase. Keep an eye on the diary this time.

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

then you'd get silver members moaning that gold members are buying tickets in their window? What's the point in a silver membership if gold members can take up tickets in their window?

Just accept you missed the window for whatever circumstance and let other people have the chance to buy their tickets as they have the right to. 

You can't have it both ways. 

It would seem though that they have more than the 500 silver allocation left sounds like a bit of a jobs worth decision to me. A little bit of flexibility wouldn't go amiss not everyone is in a position to know whether they can go when their window is open. If it was me I'd email Jim.

Just now, m4DD0gg said:

lol you knew the gig when you took the membership

however i agree our membership scheme is a rip off and very disjointed

Just have one membership and a free for all on tickets, on sale on day x at 9 am. When gone they're gone. That's another option.

I think the current one is fairer as gold and silver (who pay a fair bit just for membership privileges) have a reserved allocation. As said above, during Silver member priority, it is fair that Gold members don't dip in. I am sure it gets opened up again when it drops to other members (City/International).

At the end of the day the rules are fairly clear and if you want to go to a game then you have to be there when tickets go on sale (usually it's around a week for a sales period). Unfortunately Leicester are currently in demand so people wanting tickets need to be switched on

I know Stan, and that's probably what the guy in the ticket office was trying to say. Though I got the impression it wasn't the first time this has happened. It seemed a bit like "oh no not another one". Which is why I was thinking "there must be a better way..."

But I don't think silver members would lose out if gold could buy in the silver window, it would just just give the gold members more flexibility, so silvers wouldn't lose their place in the queue at all.

What about when away games go on sale to a certain amount of points, does it work the same there? When it goes on sale to the next priority, do the people with too many points then get stopped from buying?

Yes m4DD0gg you're right, I knew the gig and I know how it works for membership, but unfortunately it is what it is. If only I bought a season ticket a few years back... 

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just have one membership and a free for all on tickets, on sale on day x at 9 am. When gone they're gone. That's another option.

I think the current one is fairer as gold and silver (who pay a fair bit just for membership privileges) have a reserved allocation. As said above, during Silver member priority, it is fair that Gold members don't dip in. I am sure it gets opened up again when it drops to other members (City/International).

At the end of the day the rules are fairly clear and if you want to go to a game then you have to be there when tickets go on sale (usually it's around a week for a sales period). Unfortunately Leicester are currently in demand so people wanting tickets need to be switched on

our site would have a mental breakdown. 

1 minute ago, dave123 said:

What about when away games go on sale to a certain amount of points, does it work the same there? When it goes on sale to the next priority, do the people with too many points then get stopped from buying?

No, for a variety of reasons which include there not being guaranteed tickets per band and that the windows are often 1 day rather than a week.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is how it's been advertised since the start. You get a week to purchase then the tickets cascade down to the next level. Fair system imo, you should keep a closer eye on the sale dates! 

Yeah I know it has mate. Its just on this occasion I wasn't able to buy the ticket in time. I wasn't disputing how its been sold, it's just a little frustrating how its worked out. So I'll be watching this one on ceefax like the old days!

To be honest I was just thinking of ways it could be better. Its definitely better than a points based system that some other clubs have (which creates a closed shop). So you're right it is good in one respect. But maddogg is right, it is disjointed, and it would perhaps benefit from a rethink. Trouble is the club have no need to change it as they're selling out every game anyway. I'm just one of the mugs who goes along with it all!

:-)

This is the first season Gold members haven't been able to buy at the same time as Silvers, it's because of the guaranteed tickets for each bracket which we didn't have before. It is a pain when friends and family have different membership levels, makes it hard to sit together. I didn't realise it had changed before we renewed ours this year and have my daughter on silver while the rest of us have Gold. My fault for not reading the t&c's, just assumed it would be the same as other years. 

35 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

This is the first season Gold members haven't been able to buy at the same time as Silvers, it's because of the guaranteed tickets for each bracket which we didn't have before. It is a pain when friends and family have different membership levels, makes it hard to sit together. I didn't realise it had changed before we renewed ours this year and have my daughter on silver while the rest of us have Gold. My fault for not reading the t&c's, just assumed it would be the same as other years. 

That's true. Since they changed it its a nightmare trying to sit with other people unless they're the same priority.

What I usually have to do is buy my ticket in my window, then when wait for the friends/family to buy theirs in their window. Then try and and get my ticket moved to a seat near them where possible.

Can't be arsed to read your whole post.

But if it doesn't sell out on silvers then when it goes to fox. Gold are able to buy again.

So get over it and hope there's tickets left on next Tuesday.

If not you can buy a ticket of me. For 1 billion dollars.

Archived