Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who Called Me?

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

Any suggestions of a website that actually answers this rather sending me around in circles?

Type what's this number into Google.

It usually comes up with an answer.

I use http://who-called.co.uk/ but you have to remember to turn off any VPNs you're running because it seems to mess with their browser id process.  In my experience if they have no info on the specific number you're looking up then it's usually a private line and you're being called by someone you know from an unfamiliar number.

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Type what's this number into Google.

It usually comes up with an answer.

That's what I usually do but just lately the options it comes up with are useless

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I use http://who-called.co.uk/ but you have to remember to turn off any VPNs you're running because it seems to mess with their browser id process.  In my experience if they have no info on the specific number you're looking up then it's usually a private line and you're being called by someone you know from an unfamiliar number.

Just tried that all it says is Newcastle, I suspect it's some BT source just irritating because they've rung 4 times now. I doubt it's anyone I know.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Just tried that all it says is Newcastle, I suspect it's some BT source just irritating because they've rung 4 times now. I doubt it's anyone I know.

if its important, they would of left a message.

Put them on the block list!

Just now, davieG said:

Just tried that all it says in Newcastle, I suspect it's some BT source just irritating because they've rung 4 times now. I doubt it's anyone I know.

Hmmm, if it was a large company like BT you'd expect there to be a few comments on that site saying as much from other people who've been harassed by that number so to me that seems unlikely (unless you have concrete reason to believe it really is them in which case ignore me).  You've not given your number out to any private individuals or small businesses recently have you?

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Hmmm, if it was a large company like BT you'd expect there to be a few comments on that site saying as much from other people who've been harassed by that number so to me that seems unlikely (unless you have concrete reason to believe it really is them in which case ignore me).  You've not given your number out to any private individuals or small businesses recently have you?

No concrete evidence but I have had persistent calls from them before when someone's sent a text to my landline unfortunately I didn't keep the number but I'm sure it was Newcastle.

Not intentionally given it to any one but then we have loads of unsolicited calls on our landline even though we've registered to be excluded.

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

if its important, they would of left a message.

Put them on the block list!

Normally would but they've rung 4 times. I'm reluctant to answer because once you do they know you exist and continue to bombard you.

If you have BT then use their BT Call Protect service. Its free and can be set up online. You just add numbers to the blacklist and those calls are sent to a junk call voicemail. You can access the junk voicemail by calling 1572. A lot of the BT indian call centres are routed via a UK number (0161 Manchester seems a popular one), the first number I blocked was BT, got about 8 numbers blacklisted now and its made a huge difference.

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You can register here http://www.tpsonline.org.uk to have your number removed from marketing lists.

If the calls continue, you can report the company and they'll be fined.

Always worked for me. If someone does call, tell them you're TPS registered, then you shouldn't hear from them again.

I'm registered but it seems everyone ignores it.

4 minutes ago, separator said:

If you have BT then use their BT Call Protect service. Its free and can be set up online. You just add numbers to the blacklist and those calls are sent to a junk call voicemail. You can access the junk voicemail by calling 1572. A lot of the BT indian call centres are routed via a UK number (0161 Manchester seems a popular one), the first number I blocked was BT, got about 8 numbers blacklisted now and its made a huge difference.

I looked at that seemed a bit complicated but will revisit it although this current problem is on my mobile. 

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Just been trying to call @davieG but he doesn't pick up?

I'm not in.

Archived