Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

FRENCH ELECTIONS

2 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Patience is a virtue. I must find a suit of armour that fits me first. :yesyes:

From little acorns mighty oaks can grow. However the R.A.I.N. may be just a light shower, and that little acorn will have trouble growing,

Utter load of shite then.

5 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Patience is a virtue. I must find a suit of armour that fits me first. :yesyes:

From little acorns mighty oaks can grow. However the R.A.I.N. may be just a light shower, and that little acorn will have trouble growing,

You've taken days to come up with this,? It's so disappointing, I'm embarrassed for you.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You've taken days to come up with this,? It's so disappointing, I'm embarrassed for you.

You mean you haven't been embarrassed for him before now? 

France election: Macron says EU must reform or face 'Frexit'

"I'm a pro-European, I defended constantly during this election the European idea and European policies because I believe it's extremely important for French people and for the place of our country in globalisation," Mr Macron, leader of the recently created En Marche! movement, told the BBC.

"But at the same time we have to face the situation, to listen to our people, and to listen to the fact that they are extremely angry today, impatient and the dysfunction of the EU is no more sustainable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39766334

I wonder if he'll have more success than Cameron?

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Probably.

Cameron was the weakest Prime Minister I have ever known.

It's a good job we're getting strong and stable Theresa May then. :P

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's a good job we're getting strong and stable Theresa May then. :P

Personally, I suspect she is neither, but we shall see. :)

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Buce said:

Probably.

Cameron was the weakest Prime Minister I have ever known.

Aren't you old enough to remember Callaghan and his "cap in hand" Labour government that had to go to the IMF begging for money like a homeless person? 

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Aren't you old enough to remember Callaghan and his "cap in hand" Labour government that had to go to the IMF begging for money like a homeless person? 

I personally would have said Major was as weak as Cameron if not more so but my memories are from a point in my life where the only comparison was with Maggie. So anyone would have looked weak then.

Guest MattP

Major was terribly weak, Buce is also right about Cameron. He was awful, his European negotiation was as bad as act of governance as I can remember. It was so bad he didn't even mention it in the remain campaign.

3 hours ago, MattP said:

The fact that I had to Google it says it all really.

I was but a callow youth, interested only in drinking, football, and standing around at parties waiting for girls to notice me.

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

I personally would have said Major was as weak as Cameron if not more so but my memories are from a point in my life where the only comparison was with Maggie. So anyone would have looked weak then.

I didn't think you were old enough to remember that woman.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I didn't think you were old enough to remember that woman.

Yeah I did, I wouldn't say I was old enough to understand politics (leave it :D ) but I do remember her and I have vivid memories of the Faulklands as I had family members in the forces. I can remember the day she was ousted too but I can't remember the poll tax fiasco and a lot of the negatives that so many people talk of.

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I did, I wouldn't say I was old enough to understand politics (leave it :D ) but I do remember her and I have vivid memories of the Faulklands as I had family members in the forces. I can remember the day she was ousted too but I can't remember the poll tax fiasco and a lot of the negatives that so many people talk of.

You know me so well.. :D

4 hours ago, MattP said:

I found this article in the Torygraph of all places:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9167368/Jim-Callaghan-our-worst-PM-was-nothing-of-the-sort.html

6 hours ago, Strokes said:

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Major was terribly weak, Buce is also right about Cameron. He was awful, his European negotiation was as bad as act of governance as I can remember. It was so bad he didn't even mention it in the remain campaign.

Major.  Very underrated and did a good job.    Imo.

Archived