Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Vegas help...

I play poker and slots

The last time I went, I spent the whole week at Mandaly Bay lost at poker everyday for a week. On my last day decided to play at the Ballagio. Won all my spending money,cost of my flights hotel and more for the entire holiday in 3 hours in a cash game. The Americans I was playing with got very angry at a British guy taking them to the cleaners. One guy who looked and dressed and like Coolio got very aggressive with me.

Your luck can change that quickly in this town.

2 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

I play poker and slots

The last time I went, I spent the whole week at Mandaly Bay lost at poker everyday for a week. On my last day decided to play at the Ballagio. Won all my spending money,cost of my flights hotel and more for the entire holiday in 3 hours in a cash game. The Americans I was playing with got very angry at a British guy taking them to the cleaners. One guy who looked and dressed and looked like Coolio got very aggressive with me.

Your luck can change that quickly in this town.

:appl:

22 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I had a bit of an embarrassing moment in the MGM the first time I went Vegas. 

Walked up to a roulette table which was very busy put $5 dollars on number 8. The croupier told me it was a minimum $50 table, instead of just walking off embarrassment took over so I got another $45 dollars out and put it all on 8. 

The wheel spun it landed on something else and I walked off $50 dollars down in about 40 seconds. 

lollol 

Nobody would have walked away mate don't worry 

If your new to blackjack maybe dont sit on the far left of the table as you look a it as you will be playing your hand just before the dealer and some people can get pretty nasty and vocal if they think you have made the wrong play.

Dont be afraid to take your time and use basic strategy if you are unsure of whether to hit or not.

If you are unsure of how much to tip a dealer many of them will appreciate it more if you actually offer to play a hand for them, sometimes it means they lose and dont end up with a tip but it makes things more interesting for them.

Save a shed load of money on drinks by just playing cheap slots/games/vid poker etc, a waitress will soon be over and take a drink order, tip a couple of dollars each time and she will be bringing you drinks left right and centre, it wont be the top shelf premium stuff but it sure beats ordering from the bar and paying $20 - $30 a time. 

Don't buy drinks from the bar. Waitresses will come round every half hour or so. Give her $10 on her first visit if you're planning on staying on that table / machine. She will bring you drinks (without ordering) more regularly. $1/$2 tip each time. 

Ask EVERYWHERE for discount / comps. Most places put aside a certain amount each day / week for this (all Americans ask). We got a free room upgrade and dinner and breakfast for 4 of us for the first 2 nights (just for asking when we checked in).

On 4/27/2017 at 08:52, broughtonblue said:

Haha, as I said I'm going with my partner. If I was going with my (ex) wife she would be the target at battlefield vegas !??

My lads are 23 n 24 so I think they might be having a go with the guns as well

Ah just assumed they were little ones.....Well battlefield Vegas is you thing. They will pick up up in an army truck (if pre booked) and you get to then choose which guns you want to shoot during the session..It was amazing

Guest seanfox778
On Thu Apr 27 2017 at 15:02, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I had a bit of an embarrassing moment in the MGM the first time I went Vegas. 

Walked up to a roulette table which was very busy put $5 dollars on number 8. The croupier told me it was a minimum $50 table, instead of just walking off embarrassment took over so I got another $45 dollars out and put it all on 8. 

The wheel spun it landed on something else and I walked off $50 dollars down in about 40 seconds. 

I did the exact same thing at a blackjack table there :D

Archived