Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Watford (home) Match Thread

Schmeichel (c), Simpson, Huth, Benalouane, Fuchs, Albrighton, Ndidi, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Okazaki, Vardy

Subs: Chilwell, Musa, King, Amartey, Slimani, Zieler, Gray

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

Does Shakespeare have a clause on his contract that he is obliged to always play Shinji? It is like, he doesn't score to save his life and still is a starter.

Whut?! Shinji was fantastic last weekend. Did you watch? He got an assist with a wonder pass (while falling over of course) 

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We are better with Shinji. It was the first mistake CR made, leaving him out

Don't think so. The mistake CR made was changing the tactics, not leaving Shinji out.

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

Don't think so. The mistake CR made was changing the tactics, not leaving Shinji out.

Leaving Shinji out was part of that tactical change, changed the way we set up and lost us a certain amount of presence in the middle of the pitch.

Just now, foxfan92 said:

Living Shinji out was part of that tactical change, changed the way we set up and lost us a certain amount of presence in the middle of the pitch.

I get that. But I can't get past that he doesn't score goals, it is painful. He connects well with the midfield and with Vardy, but for me that isn't enough.

Would prefer Slim for Slippy but ok with it. Hope Gray gets more than 5 minutes.

3 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Whut?! Shinji was fantastic last weekend. Did you watch? He got an assist with a wonder pass (while falling over of course) 

No goals in 33 games is a bit poor tho.

4 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Musa on the bench. Nice to see Shakey giving some fringe players time in the bench now we have 40 poijnts... :ph34r:

I think the emphasis now will be a strong finish. We need to show potential summer signings that since Craig came in we've improved significantly and hopefully ended with a fairly respectable league position. This will let us share our vision of future European ambition with the players we need to attract to get us there.

I suspect we'll see earlier sub appearances by some fringe players but Craig will stick with the team that's won a lot more recently and put us back on an upward trajectory.

10 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Does Shakespeare have a clause on his contract that he is obliged to always play Shinji? That is the only explanation I can see, he doesn't score to save his life and still is a starter.

Atleast he is not a 30 mil striker who gets injured as soon as wind touch his face...

1 minute ago, foxfan92 said:

I think the emphasis now will be a strong finish. We need to show potential summer signings that since Craig came in we've improved significantly and hopefully ended with a fairly respectable league position. This will let us share our vision of future European ambition with the players we need to attract to get us there.

I suspect we'll see earlier sub appearances by some fringe players but Craig will stick with the team that's won a lot more recently and put us back on an upward trajectory.

I think you might have missed my joke, mate...*

*that Musa is a development player and now getting his chance now we are safe...

4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I get that. But I can't get past that he doesn't score goals, it is painful. He connects well with the midfield and with Vardy, but for me that isn't enough.

Maybe but if we go back to playing  Vardy and Slim there is a danger the ball wont get far enough up the pitch for them to have a chance on goal. At least Shinji threads it through to Vardy so we can have one goal scorer having a go.

Just now, HoustonFox said:

I think you might have missed my joke, mate...*

*that Musa is a development player and now getting his chance now we are safe...

He's definitely developing ... into what I'm not sure ... certainly not lived up to the promise I saw when we played Barca in the preseason.

Archived