Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Watford (home) Match Thread

7 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Maybe but if we go back to playing  Vardy and Slim there is a danger the ball wont get far enough up the pitch for them to have a chance on goal. At least Shinji threads it through to Vardy so we can have one goal scorer having a go.

Ok, but if the game plan was keeping Vardy happy, why did they sign Slimani in the first place? Slimani can do Shinji's role, not as good, but reasonable enough, but everyone knew that Slimani is more of a goal scorer than anything else.

19 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Does Shakespeare have a clause on his contract that he is obliged to always play Shinji? That is the only explanation I can see, he doesn't score to save his life and still is a starter.

Might have something to do with the 50% win ratio we have when Shinji and Vardy start together?   Of course though he doesn't score goals so he must be a terrible striker. 

1 minute ago, foxhateram said:

Might have something to do with the 50% win ratio we have when Shinji and Vardy start together?   Of course though he doesn't score goals so he must be a terrible striker. 

Nope. He is not Algerian. THAT is why he is "terrible"

8 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

He's definitely developing ... into what I'm not sure ... certainly not lived up to the promise I saw when we played Barca in the preseason.

OK....  

Not sure if you are wumming me or still missing the joke.  

Anyway, looking forward to the game today and seeing what the team can do as they can play with some freedom and push for a top half finish 

2 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Ok, but if the game plan was keeping Vardy happy, why did they sign Slimani in the first place? Slimani can do Shinji's role, not as good, but reasonable enough, but everyone knew that Slimani is more of a goal scorer than anything else.

Probably playing in Europe - extra games - what if Vardy got injured? Or (probably more likely) suspended? Also I'm not suggesting the idea of having 2 goal scorers wasn't appealing at the time he was signed - if it worked it'd be great - but we've not had a settled midfield all season - while Drinkwater and Ndidi have partnered since Jan Drinkwater hasn't been 100%.

Vardy and Slim might have worked last season when Drinkwater was playing well and Kante was doing the job of 2.

I'm hopeful Drinkwater will be good again next season after a summer to recuperate and I think Ndidi (while a different kind of midfielder) will be every bit the true Kante replacement, so perhaps 2 goal scorers will work next season too. We may also sign that attacking midfield who can fulfil the role in behind Vardy linking play and be a goal threat too.

But right now we need that player links the midfield and attack and who runs tirelessly to harass the opposition. And that's what Shinji does best.

7 minutes ago, Argarath said:

Nope. He is not Algerian. THAT is why he is "terrible"

58ce8868df8d1_giphy(2).gif.172e490dda6fd5b5a6466617a6d737bb.gif.dd32c3a6027d7c12c5a28566f6a55945.gif

Eagle10 is not even Algerian. Next time when you choose to sling mud, at least make sure you're addressing the right people

6 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

OK....  

Not sure if you are wumming me or still missing the joke.  

Anyway, looking forward to the game today and seeing what the team can do as they can play with some freedom and push for a top half finish 

Ha. I got the joke first time. Made me

smile. I really had high hopes for Musa too - was excited when we were linked with him during the Jan period last season - when we ended up signing no new strikers but still winning the league. A bit like the Slimani links since we came up. Guess both haven't lived up to my expectations. As for my response... 

I've been looking for a chance to get my point across whenever people say "we are safe now we need to give fringe players a chance."

I don't want to lose players like Gray because he's not been given chances, but I also want us in the best position we can be to attract good players. So I picked an opportunity- rightly or wrongly - to voice my opinion. 

30 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Whut?! Shinji was fantastic last weekend. Did you watch? He got an assist with a wonder pass (while falling over of course) 

Makes the goal that won the game with a precision pass and gets no credit..either for that or his contribution to a clean sheet in which the home side had very few chances. 

Had it been Mahrez he'd have had 8's off everyone and another £5m on his asking price! 

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Bit worried about the finances - printing the team sheet on top of the atletico ones .....

IMG_5477.thumb.JPG.2124ee085a6dca9c7e718ec5761a7d5b.JPG

It's frugal tactics like this that will allow us to spend big in the summer.

Every little helps!

6 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Makes the goal that won the game with a precision pass and gets no credit..either for that or his contribution to a clean sheet in which the home side had very few chances. 

Had it been Mahrez he'd have had 8's off everyone and another £5m on his asking price! 

Exactamundo. Plus all the closing down and generally smiling and making people happy.  

I love Shinji almost as much as @UPinCarolina and @The_77 do.  

Archived