Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City stewards to receive training on how to deal with homophobia and other hate crimes

God ( Whoevers God you believe in )

This thread stirred up some emotions, we all have different opinions

That's why we roam the earth waging war on eachother, loving and abusing eachother. We all have different beliefs in right and wrong.

And so the story will go on and on and on    :thumbup:

Really, some of these hateful posts doth protest too much.

I thought we were all here for the footy not to intimidate people.

To quote the main man Lineker 'The 70's called they want their values back' - those of you going on about how banter and how the PC brigade are spoiling it for you.

Great to see LCFC leading the way.

On 03/06/2017 at 18:33, walkerleeds said:

This is literally only happening because Brighton were promoted. 

And low and behold we get Brighton for our first home game!!I bet there are Stewards rubbing their hands together at the prospect of putting their new training to use lollol

And the award for "Most Depressing Set of Comments on a Thread" goes to...

I don't really know where to start, but let's just be clear that nobody suggests that shouting "get up you big girl's blouse" is homophobic.

If, however, you think it is acceptable to shout, "you gay c**t!" or "f**king bender!", then I personally wouldn't want you at the KP.  It's no more defensible than racist abuse, which the vast majority now seem to acknowledge as totally out of line.

I really wasn't sure if some of the comments on this thread were a parody.  Depressing.

On 06/06/2017 at 15:48, RumbleFox said:

Could I ask, in genuine earnestness, what you feel is wrong with political correctness?

Also, it is about nuance and purpose.  I love Louis CK and Ricky Gervais who often say things which may sound very "un PC" but they do it in interesting, challenging ways.  If you really want to fight for yours, and everyone else's, right to just shout "you big, massive bender/queer/fairy/some other "hilarious" term" at someone then knock yourself out but it just seems odd to me that anyone could have a negative response to the link in the original post.  There is a difference between saying "let's make sure people do not just insult others for the sake of it and use homophobic terms in a sport where, already, not one current player is openly gay for fear of abuse (Fashanu may be their only reference point)" and "I am so PC you cannot say anything and you should die if you offend me".  never quite sure why the "PC gone mad" brigade cannot differentiate the two, just seems a bit weird?

Rumble.

X

Political correctness in itself is such a horrible self-righteous term that only the left could dream up.  Agree with me or you are just wrong.  Like the term 'progressive politics' that the left has given itself as if there is anything remotely progressive about Corbyn's 70s style marxism...but I digress.

Political correctness is obviously the enemy of free speech and free thought and has led to our pathetic snowflake generation that just love to be offended.  The virtue signallers.  Never happier than if they are offended especially on behalf of someone else and I am always happy to oblige them.  Personally I believe we should just get on with life and people will by and large take others as they find them.  If you have to think before you say anything for fear of offending some po-faced soap dodger there is something wrong.

31 minutes ago, murphy said:

Political correctness in itself is such a horrible self-righteous term that only the left could dream up.  Agree with me or you are just wrong.  Like the term 'progressive politics' that the left has given itself as if there is anything remotely progressive about Corbyn's 70s style marxism...but I digress.

Political correctness is obviously the enemy of free speech and free thought and has led to our pathetic snowflake generation that just love to be offended.  The virtue signallers.  Never happier than if they are offended especially on behalf of someone else and I am always happy to oblige them.  Personally I believe we should just get on with life and people will by and large take others as they find them.  If you have to think before you say anything for fear of offending some po-faced soap dodger there is something wrong.

Ay up me duck.  I think you are wrong but cannae be fecked no more, I tried to explain in other posts and feel I did OK.  I will just ask you one question.  Do you think people should have the right to call a black person a nigger without being pulled up on it?  Not silenced or killed, just pulled up and challenged?  X

57 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Ay up me duck.  I think you are wrong but cannae be fecked no more, I tried to explain in other posts and feel I did OK.  I will just ask you one question.  Do you think people should have the right to call a black person a nigger without being pulled up on it?  Not silenced or killed, just pulled up and challenged?  X

No more so than me being called a blood-clot by a black man....which has happened on more than one occasion without any previous contact/discussion with that person. I walked away. didn't go running to "sir" claiming it's not politically correct, or "they're all picking on me".

4 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

No more so than me being called a blood-clot by a black man....which has happened on more than one occasion without any previous contact/discussion with that person. I walked away. didn't go running to "sir" claiming it's not politically correct, or "they're all picking on me".

Not sure we are ever going to agree, nor that you quite understand racism, nor the connotations of the word nigger.  Let's just leave it eh?  I will go about me wee life not using the words nigger or queer whist you knock yourself out.

Rumble.

x

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Not sure we are ever going to agree, nor that you quite understand racism, nor the connotations of the word nigger.  Let's just leave it eh?  I will go about me wee life not using the words nigger or queer whist you knock yourself out.

Rumble.

x

A rather condescending post Rumble Fox...typical of the PC brigade

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

A rather condescending post Rumble Fox...typical of the PC brigade

What does "the PC brigade" mean?  Anyone that doesn't get angry that they can't call black people wogs anymore or lock up gay people?  You have ignored any sense of nuance in my argument (as I stated originally it is about intent when looking at insults) and just said "pc brigade" as if that wins the argument?

Please answer this question..

Why do you want to fight for the right to make fun of someone based on their sexuality?  Why is that important to you?

X

12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

What does "the PC brigade" mean?  Anyone that doesn't get angry that they can't call black people wogs anymore or lock up gay people?  You have ignored any sense of nuance in my argument (as I stated originally it is about intent when looking at insults) and just said "pc brigade" as if that wins the argument?

Please answer this question..

Why do you want to fight for the right to make fun of someone based on their sexuality?  Why is that important to you?

X

You are completely misunderstanding my views on this as you are so far up your own jacksie...I'm not seeking to make fun of anybody, call them names or assault them. I'm merely trying uphold my right to my own thought process, which your eff'ing big brotheresqe brigade seemingly don't want me to have. Now fcuk off and leave me alone

4 hours ago, murphy said:

I always thought the term political correctness was coined by the right to mock applied anti-discrimination policies? Am I wrong?

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

You are completely misunderstanding my views on this as you are so far up your own jacksie...I'm not seeking to make fun of anybody, call them names or assault them. I'm merely trying uphold my right to my own thought process, which your eff'ing big brotheresqe brigade seemingly don't want me to have. Now fcuk off and leave me alone

Wowsers.  I think you might be misunderstanding me too so apologies.  Forums, in fact most digital platforms, are never the place to have a reasoned debate as tone/meaning can be lost so sorry if I misunderstood you.  I am not saying you cannot say these things or challenging anyone's right to free speech.  It is, as you say, important that every person has free speech.  I am simply asserting that if you believe it is your right to your own thought process, your "right" to be able to say things that you wish then it is my "right" to disagree with you.  I don't want to stop you or anyone from doing or saying things as, as you say, everyone should have the freedom to air their views.  I do however strongly believe that, in turn, it is my right to disagree with you, or to challenge views I do not believe in.  I don't want to stop you or anyone from saying things which I might find "offensive" but I think I should be able to challenge them if I wish in order for debate/conversation to take place.

And on the subject of political correctness I just feel it has a bad rep and that of all the ills in the world it seems strange to me to make political correctness the thing you want to go after.  There is a reason we don't all call black people niggers anymore, lock up homosexuals or deny women the vote.  There is a reason we don't say "chinky" or terminate/use in freak shows the disabled.  That reason is political correctness.  It has done a lot of good and just because some people might cry PC at points that are unnecessary does not mean it is always a bad thing.

It is like the old "health and safety gone mad" people.  You seem to think there are only two options ("I love PC" or "I hate PC") when it is a spectrum.  I believe that, in general, PC is a good thing but of course it can be misused.  Just like "health and safety".  Of course sometimes red tape and rules seem to be "big brotherish" but recent events at Glenfell Tower illustrate exactly why good health and safety should not be thrown out with bad.  Just like good PC should not be thrown out with bad PC.

Anyway, too late and too tired and I am far too boring and probably annoying everyone so I will stop now.

Cheers

Rumble.

X

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

To answer your question, no, of course not.  Racial abuse is not just un-PC it is clearly wrong as is any kind of abuse.  I am talking about the walking on egg shells, toe the line thought police oppression of the PC world.  Rebelling against that does not mean that you have to join the KKK.

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

I always thought the term political correctness was coined by the right to mock applied anti-discrimination policies? Am I wrong?

Well I just looked it up and apparently the phrase originated in America and to quote my source it appeared "via the U.S. feminist and other left-wing movements of the 1970s"

38 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Fair enough then. Whenever I've heard it used, it always seems to be with negative connotations e.g "not more PC crap."

That's because so many people are sick of being lectured by sanctimonious self appointed moral guardians I would have thought.

Divided and rule the oldest trick in the book. We argue about everything but do nothing . While the powers that be destroy our planet and kill millions every year bombing starving piosioning just about everyone. As a man used to shout next too me you can stick that flag up your ar.. We're the sun don't shine . Hey ho I lost the thread . Save the planet before everything else . But sorry your toooo late so live and let live and smile though your heart is breaking. Oh and feel free to correct my grandma . And free thinking for those with dementia . A truly shocking disease not funny. ? ? ? ? ? ? 

8 hours ago, murphy said:

To answer your question, no, of course not.  Racial abuse is not just un-PC it is clearly wrong as is any kind of abuse.  I am talking about the walking on egg shells, toe the line thought police oppression of the PC world.  Rebelling against that does not mean that you have to join the KKK.

Of course, as my long boring post above states there is a spectrum, not "good or bad" but just as you rightly point out that just because you rebel against PC does not mean you are Hitler it also follows that just because you don't think all PC is bad that you are a "sanctimonious moral guardian".  As always, most folk are good people, most people want to get on with people and I think our views are probably not as far apart as you think.  If you go back through this thread you will see I only really started being "sanctimonious" once someone said "yuk" and "disgusting" about gay people which I felt was pushing the limits of "free speech so I can say what I want" and I wanted to challenge those views.  Not because I was "offended" or wanted to tell him he cannot say those things or deny him his right to free speech but because part of free speech is challenging things we disagree with so that debate can occur.

Anyway, probably best to close thread as I am starting to hate myself more than I already do.

X

Archived