Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

5 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Christ, really? If you're going to contribute to a discussion about the working time directive you could at least come prepared with a clue as to what it actually is.

Among other things the working time directive puts an upper limit on the number of hours that employees can be made to work. The limit is 48 hours on average while my contract is for 40, do yes I can be made to work up to 8 hours per week for free. Removing the working time directive would mean I could be forced to work 18 hours extra for free, or 28 hours, or 80. There would be no limit.

You're arguing on a report in The Sun that says some un named  ministers would like to get rid of the working time directive. It's not govt green/white paper. There is no mention of what the law would be after it's repealed, assuming that it is and you know exactly what the law is going to be? As I said I can't be bothered to argue with your silly assumptions. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

You're arguing on a report in The Sun that says some un named  ministers would like to get rid of the working time directive. It's not govt green/white paper. There is no mention of what the law would be after it's repealed, assuming that it is and you know exactly what the law is going to be? As I said I can't be bothered to argue with your silly assumptions. 

Don't then.

Just now, Webbo said:

I'm tempted, but I feel you'd benefit from my corrections.

Well so far you've demonstrated nothing but a comprehensive lack of understanding of what the working time directive even is, much less the ability to correct anybody.

Your point about not believing what you read in the sun is totally fair, like I said it was also mentioned in the Sunday Times but you're right, as long as those of us still man enough to stand up for ourselves make sure we make lots of noise when the Tories try to take our rights away, there's a decent chance it won't happen. 

In a way I'm glad it appears to be Gove and the donkey Johnson leading the charge on this issue, i'm pretty sure that most sensible Tories recognise what a pair of dimwits they are and it might not get much traction with frail old Tessa.

3 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Well so far you've demonstrated nothing but a comprehensive lack of understanding of what the working time directive even is, much less the ability to correct anybody.

Your point about not believing what you read in the sun is totally fair, like I said it was also mentioned in the Sunday Times but you're right, as long as those of us still man enough to stand up for ourselves make sure we make lots of noise when the Tories try to take our rights away, there's a decent chance it won't happen. 

In a way I'm glad it appears to be Gove and the donkey Johnson leading the charge on this issue, i'm pretty sure that most sensible Tories recognise what a pair of dimwits they are and it might not get much traction with frail old Tessa.

Keep on hating Rog.

16 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

If the eu directive is that good, how come you may have to work 8 hours for free a week?

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

A limit of 48 is better than no limit. I think it could be lowered. Norway has an upper limit of 40 hours on average for example.

Evil EU bastards, shouldn’t be allowing anyone to work in employment for no pay. So glad I voted out. Thanks for highlighting this. JC will sort it out.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

You were defeated the moment you gave up on providing a meaningful response and went for a sarcastic joke instead. The gif is just to demonstrate how smug I am at having destroyed your arguments once again.

You might be smug at destroying his arguments, Moose, but you've imprinted an ineradicable image on my mind of what Maybot looks like when she's being shafted.

I actually feel quite sick.