Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Manufacturing order books were close to a 30 year high in the three months to December, according to the latest monthly CBI industrial trends survey.

http://www.cbi.org.uk/news/bumper-orders-continue-for-manufacturers-through-to-year-end/

The U.K. Tops Forbes' Best Countries For Business 2018

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/12/19/the-u-k-tops-forbes-best-countries-for-business-2018/#66d1ad5d26de

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Spot on. :cool:

Winning this Brexit game. :cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Winning this Brexit game. :cool:

30year high, but we've been crap, for over 60yrs,,

The 70s 80s being diabolical, so having an high in our lowest years, aint giving us any

bragging rights, but they do say its more easy to fool the foolish than one thinks ...

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

You listen to what the experts think might happen, I'll listen to what's actually happening.

What’s actually happening:

- lowest wage growth in the developed world

- worst decline in living standards since the mid 1800’s

- lowest productivity in the developed world

- deficit reduction targets missed year after year after year by a government who can’t/won’t admit austerity is failing 

- among the worst transport infrastructure in the developed world 

- value of the pound decimated 

- brexit agenda being dictated to us by the EU

- we are ruled by a government who literally and openly bought power for billions but can’t find the money to feed starving children 

Even ignoring the lowest growth forecasts in the history of growth forecasts because yeah, that hasn’t happened yet, any rational person can see the country is in a very deep rut under this government.

Just now, Rogstanley said:

What’s actually happening:

- lowest wage growth in the developed world

- worst decline in living standards since the mid 1800’s

- lowest productivity in the developed world

- deficit reduction targets missed year after year after year by a government who can’t/won’t admit austerity is failing 

- among the worst transport infrastructure in the developed world 

- value of the pound decimated 

- brexit agenda being dictated to us by the EU

- we are ruled by a government who literally and openly bought power for billions but can’t find the money to feed starving children 

Even ignoring the lowest growth forecasts in the history of growth forecasts because yeah, that hasn’t happened yet, any rational person can see the country is in a very deep rut under this government.

We haven't left yet.

Just now, Rogstanley said:

Seven years of Tory rule and that’s what we’ve got. I’m far more worried by the potential negative effects of the Tories than I am of brexit.

You'll shit yourself if Corbyn ever gets in then.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

30year high, but we've been crap, for over 60yrs,,

The 70s 80s being diabolical, so having an high in our lowest years, aint giving us any

bragging rights, but they do say its more easy to fool the foolish than one thinks ...

Of course it was shite in the 70s, all the engineering work was getting shipped overseas. 

It does not change the fact I'm on the most money I've ever been on, and have the highest job security I've ever had, right now. That isn't "easy to fool" it's right in front of my eyes on a paycheck and order forms. lol

Just now, Webbo said:

"have a cancerous new year"? Not pleasant though is it?

No it’s not pleasant and I’m not defending it. But “cancerous” in that context is not even on the same planet as the blatant racism of the BNP (assuming either card is even genuine, of course).

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

No it’s not pleasant and I’m not defending it. But “cancerous” in that context is not even on the same planet as the blatant racism of the BNP (assuming either card is even genuine, of course).

It's harder for a white person to be a victim of racism in this country. I'm sure the black and asian tory MPs get racial abuse too. 

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

"I wish you a cancerous new year"? Not pleasant though is it?

Indeed it isn't.

Though whether it's worse or not depends on which is worse in peoples opinion: being unpleasant to someone because of what they perceive they do, or being unpleasant to someone because of what they obviously are.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Indeed it isn't.

Though whether it's worse or not depends on which is worse in peoples opinion: being unpleasant to someone because of what they perceive they do, or being unpleasant to someone because of what they obviously are.

I wouldn't condone racism either.

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Of course it was shite in the 70s, all the engineering work was getting shipped overseas. 

It does not change the fact I'm on the most money I've ever been on, and have the highest job security I've ever had, right now. That isn't "easy to fool" it's right in front of my eyes on a paycheck and order forms. lol

Oh I see, a true thatcherite...me, me, me....lots of Money:rolleyes:

I did well, I will  have had 8yrs of being on early retirement, with  a decent wage.

but realise   that many  , are having to accept the  shit, the finance and political plebs are  dishing up ,more so in the UK, but around

also the so called richer European nations..

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I wouldn't condone racism either.

I have no doubt that's true, given what you've talked about of your own life in the past. :thumbup:

It is an interesting point, though: is there a distinction between being nasty on account of what people do and what they are? In my own view, there is and the latter is much less acceptable than the former.